Sweet Relish

I didn’t even tell you with words since I did a Silent Saturday post this weekend – but I went out to LA for my friend Lisa’s birthday this weekend and had a blast!

We rented a limo and drank champagne all fancy like…image thumb17 Sweet Relish

… enjoyed scotch and vodka outta glass containers that are hard to hold / pass in a moving vehicle so I was covered in scotch after the first round… #KeepItClassyimage thumb18 Sweet Relish

First stop was Malibu Wines.IMG 1265 800x600 thumb Sweet RelishIMG 1272 800x600 thumb Sweet Relish

We drank wine and brought snacks to enjoy while hanging out. Someone brought these mango flowers from Thailand. How pretty, right?!IMG 1270 800x600 thumb Sweet RelishIMG 1268 800x600 thumb Sweet Relish

IMG 1276 800x600 thumb Sweet Relish

Second stop was Lolas…

IMG 1285 800x600 thumb Sweet RelishIMG 1286 800x600 thumb Sweet Relish

We met up with the rest of the group at this point… it’s been too long since I’ve hung out with my people!out to dinner at lolas in los angeles thumb Sweet Relish

Then, we went back to my other friend’s house to get ready to go out.lisas birthday part thumb Sweet Relish

I wore a polka dot dress that got a ton of comments. I don’t know if it’s because we were in the WeHo hipster scene or everyone was drunk or what, but there was a lot of “We have to talk about the polka dots…” conversations.image thumb19 Sweet Relish

And when I shared my Instagram pics a few of you asked about the dress too. Unfortunately, it’s old so I have no idea where I got it?!

And that’s where this new Sweet Relish site comes in – it’s like Pinterest for shopping. You can make lists of things you want / like – but the kicker is you can buy them straight from that site so it’s more efficient.

So, if I was smart and had this dress on my list it would be easy for me to direct you to exactly where I got it. But, at least I’ve learned my lesson for next time, right?

I just discovered Sweet Relish recently and so far just have lists for Running, Cooking, Bedroom and now Dresses!

I dig it because I can be a little impulsive with shopping, but making a list of everything I want helps me prioritize what I want most and only get that.image thumb20 Sweet Relish

I added a few look alike polka dot dresses to my dress page, hopefully it’s close enough. image thumb21 Sweet Relish

Anyway, if this is your cuppa tea – check out Sweet Relish and follow my lists. The site just started November 2012 so your friends might not be on it yet, but you can invite friends after you sign up and follow each other’s relishes too.

Question: Do you do most of your home / clothes shopping online or in the store?

Comments

1. Jen says

I have that dress i got it from modcloth like 2 years ago so idk if it would be there but its worth a shot!?

I’ll say it’s 50:50. And I miss my polka dot skirt skort – haven’t been able to find another polka dot dress, skirt etc that I like since.

hampagne and limo’s. ahhhh, i love that. I did that for my 18th bday(which seems way..wayyy too long ago now)

those cupcakes – love!

I love looking at clothes online, but rarely order it that way now. I’d much prefer to see it in person and see how it fits!

You’re the second blogger this week that I read that has mentioned Sweet Relish. Must be a sign that I have to check it out. =)

Hm I’m going to have to check this site out. My shopping is about 50/50 online/store. Love your champagne and limo night. It’s been wayyyyy too long since I’ve had a fancy schmancy night like that!

6. Robin says

Is it Target? My friend wore something like that years ago and we were all jealous of her inexpensive find!

Love the dress! I can’t wait to check out the site:)

I do most of my shopping in the store and very rarely buy online. I like to be able to try on before I buy!

I do half of my shopping for things that aren’t clothes online–love waiting for packages to arrive! I get nervous buying clothes online, though, unless it is something I have tried on and know will fit.

Aside from shopping at race expos – I do most of my shopping in the stores. But sadly (not according to my husband though) I haven’s shopped in a very long time and I desperately need to. I have more technical T-shirts than appropriate work clothes!

Oh boy. That Sweet Relish site could be dangerous for me. I do most of my clothes shopping in stores because I don’t trust sizes online, and I don’t want to deal with returns. Gradually I’m doing more and more online though. Too convenient.