Easy Green Frittata Recipe

My Skinny Shamrock Shake got amazing response last week so I figured you must love either:

a.) Skinny recipes or

b.) Green recipes for St. Patrick’s Day?

So today’s recipe is a combination of those – a Healthy Green Frittata! Easy Frittata Recipe thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 potato, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 5 eggs, 3 egg whites
  • 8 oz. frozen spinach
  • 7 oz. can green chilies
  • 3/4c shredded cheese. Any kind works, but cheddar is betta.
  • green onions
  • S&P

IMG 1486 800x533 thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

Directions: Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray pan and arrange potato slices on bottom. Microwave potato slices for 2 minutes to soften a bit. (If you are not using a microwave safe pan do this first on a separate plate.) IMG 1488 800x533 thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

Microwave frozen spinach until thawed and press out excess water. I put mine in the center of a clean dish towel and ring it out. It makes the towel green, you’ve been warned.

Mix spinach with green chili. Spread mixture on top of potato layer. IMG 1490 800x533 thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

Sprinkle cheese on top of spinach layer.

Beat eggs and egg whites together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over layered ingredients. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Optional: Garnish with green onions.IMG 1494 800x533 thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

Mine was done in about 25 minutes but this is a big, shallow quiche silicon pan. IMG 1500 800x533 thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

Enjoy!

Oh no – WAIT!IMG 1506 800x533 thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

Now, enjoy wlEmoticon winkingsmile8 Easy Green Frittata RecipeIMG 1510 800x533 thumb Easy Green Frittata Recipe

image37 Easy Green Frittata Recipe(RunEatRepeat Instagram)

This Meatless Monday recipe was brought to you by Veganville with Justin Timberlake…

Justin Timberlake – Bring It On Down 2…

Question: Does anyone else think it’s weird eggs aren’t considered meat by the definition of the vegetarian label?

I mean they’re kinda whole chicken…

Comments

1. Gillian says

Technically the eggs aren’t anything yet since they aren’t fertilized. They are like the eggs we women shed monthly (which, as we know, aren’t human babies). As a vegetarian I have to remind myself of that so I feel less guilty using eggs!

2. Jessica says

An egg is not a whole chicken anymore than a woman’s egg is a whole person.
    I had to explain to a coworker a while back that hens will not produce babies alone. She insisted for 20 minutes that you don’t need a rooster to make chicks.

When you say green chillies – do you mean the spicy ones? I mean over here green chillies are the super spicy hot ones used to make curry.

4. Sarah says

Yum! I wonder if I could prep all this the night before and stick it in the fridge so I could pop it in the oven in the morning? I cook eggs for my husband and I every morning as it is, but I only have the mental capacity to handle scrambled eggs at 5:15am. This could help switch things up a bit!

Looks great! I always thought the fish/vegetarian thing was weird too…I mean fish were alive.
    It took me a long time to eat eggs because every time I crakced one, I would think, man this is a chicken fetus I’m eating…. I’m over it now :)

Wow that’s super easy! Definitely trying this. Thanks for the recipe! And, I’m with you on the ketchup. I don’t care what anyone says, there’s no such thing as “one serving” of ketchup, ever. ;)

7. Jen says

I have a pet parrot and she started laying eggs recently. It took a lot of explaining to my husband as to why there would be no baby birds since we don’t have a male bird! I used the same analogy as a lady’s cycle to clarify fertilized egg vs non. Ha what if we could carry around an egg rather than do the whole pregnancy/birth thing?

8. Carole says

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to posts about breakfast dishes. I do hope you link this in. This is the link . Please do check out some of the other links – there are a lot of good ones already. Cheers