Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

easy mint and chip pie recipe thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

If you know one thing about me it should be that I love ice cream more than I love anything or anyone else. Sorry, mom but it’s true…

thriftys ice cream thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

And if you want to know 2 things about me… Well, then you need to buy me a double shot of vodka and I’ll spill secrets faster than a TMZ reporter.

monica and susan drink thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Word of advice: Don’t buy me more than 4 shots unless you’re willing to bail me out of a Mexican prison. Long story. Don’t judge.

papas and beer ensenada thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Anyway, back to the desserts…

Today is PI Day, but I wasn’t very excited about it because I don’t like pie. Sad, right?

Yep, I’m a cake girl all the way.

IMG 8596 800x533 thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

I don’t like pie because 9 times outta 10 they are fruity. No thanks. My dessert has to have chocolate or it’s just a snack.

So in honor of International Pi Day I created this super easy Mint N’ Chip Pie recipe to satisfy all my chocolate and ice cream lovin’ needs.

IMG 1541 800x533 thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Easy Mint N’ Chip Pie Recipe

Voskos Greek Yogurt actually contacted me to make a recipe with their yogurt a while back, so I’ve been cooking up this gem in my brain for weeks. I love incorporating Greek yogurt into dessert recipes because the added protein helps give it some staying power and keep ya full! Double duty dessert wlEmoticon winkingsmile10 Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2.25 cups Greek Yogurt
  • 1 package sf Cheesecake or Vanilla Pudding Mix
  • 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
  • Green Food Coloring
  • Mini Chocolate Chips
  • Pie crust (preferably the chocolate one)
  • Cool Whip

• IMG 1525 640x427 thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Directions: Mix yogurt and pudding mix thoroughly. Add peppermint and green food coloring to desired taste/color.IMG 1527 640x427 thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Spread in pie crust. Top with container of Cool Whip.

IMG 1529 640x427 thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top and place in freezer for at least 1 hour to set. Take out of freezer about 20-30 minutes before serving to let soften. (Not too long or it gets runny.)

IMG 1532 640x427 thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Enjoy!

IMG 1546 800x533 thumb Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Listen, you didn’t get to vote for the pope, but you do get to vote for this -

POLL: Cake OR Pie?

[polldaddy poll=6964444]

Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Voskos and Monica’s love for Mint n’ Chip ice cream. All opinions are my own, but if you don’t love mint n’ chip too you’re doing it wrong.

pin it button Easy Mint n’ Chip Pie Recipe

Comments

I’m not a huge cake fan, but I also don’t care for the fruity pies either. I love me some ice cream pie, or cake, or like chocolate cream pie. Mmmm!

DUDE. That looks delish. Did Ben try it? Did he suspect the Greek yogurt? My hubs says Greek Yogurt ‘tastes like feet’–wondering if I can pull a fast one on him..I love it so! Om nom nom Mint!

That pie looks awesome! It’s like a Shamrock Shake in pie form!
    I voted pie because as much as I love cake, I’m not a huge fan of frosting, and Whole Foods has the best Michican Four Berry Pie that I’ve ever ate in my life.
    And pumpkin pie, and apple pie, and Reece’s peanut butter pie, and French Silk pie….yum, pie.

That pie looks life changing. I think it could kick a Shamrock Shake in the butt. Of course, the only way to tell is to try both this weekend ;)

5. Sarah says

Cake!! More specifically, cupcakes… and if they are funfetti cupcakes I will just eat every single one in sight and die happy.

I wil def be making this!! I love all things mint. I usually prefer cake but am a sucker for pecan chocolate pie or pumpkin pie. No self control.

I am not one to get excited about recipes (I’m just a not a cook) but I’m actually excited to try this one out. Those are all things I love too (mint, chocolate, cool whip, etc) and I think I might actually be able to succeed at this. Thanks!

8. Sally Kate says

I made a cherpumple for a Christmas party this year- it was a hit! (look it up on youtube if you don’t know what this is…)

Cake. Always cake. Almost always chocolate cake. Tipped on its side and eaten from the bottom up, so those last few bites are basically mega-frosting. Mmm…and although I’m am firmly Team Cake, I will say your mint pie looks totally delicious.

10. Jenny says

My nana has a tasty no sugar added chocolate pie I like, but I’m an ice cream girl: Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip. Best. Ever.

11. Denise says

Pie. The only cake I like is carrot because of the cream cheese frosting. My kids have been known to request any dessert but cake in their birthdays.

12. Gloria says

Chocolate is my first love, but I definitely love fruit pies too! Apple and blueberry are my favorite. Pumpkin and pecan pie are awesome too. I bought a pie crust to make quiche this weekend, but maybe it will turn into dessert instead…

Cake or pie? Depends on the flavor being presented to me.

But the BEST (in my opinion) is an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. They are to die for. 10 times better than the ones at Baskin Robbins.