Los Angeles Marathon Expo

Hello! I hit up the Los Angeles Marathon expo today. Who ran Rock N’ Roll DC?! How’d it go?

This morning I started my day with a short walk around Dana Point. I am leading a wellness walk this week and did a trial walk to check it out. More info coming next week. image thumb39 Los Angeles Marathon Expo

Then, I came home to pack my race gear…image thumb40 Los Angeles Marathon Expo

I’m about 50 miles south of Los Angeles so a little drive and a lot of Bruno Mars singing later, I made it to the LA Convention Center for the Marathon Expo!IMG 1534 800x600 thumb Los Angeles Marathon ExpoIMG 1524 800x600 thumb Los Angeles Marathon Expo

The tees are green for St. Patrick’s Day!IMG 1525 800x600 thumb Los Angeles Marathon Expo

IMG 1527 800x600 thumb Los Angeles Marathon Expo

IMG 1531 800x600 thumb Los Angeles Marathon Expo

IMG 1532 800x600 thumb Los Angeles Marathon Expo

Around 4pm there was an announcement over the loud speaker that LA Marathon clothes were 50% off! So, I headed back to the gear area and scored these two shirts… IMG 1547 800x600 thumb Los Angeles Marathon Expo

Then, Skinny Runner, Stuft Mama and I hung out at the Pro Compression booth for a while…image thumb41 Los Angeles Marathon Expo

Thank you to everyone who came out to say hello!

Nicole and her sister Ashley are doing the relay – I kinda wish I got in on that deal… anyone want to meet me at mile 13 and take over the rest?image thumb42 Los Angeles Marathon Expo

My new friend Mr. Rivera…image thumb43 Los Angeles Marathon Expo

Another Sarah came by too. SR was in the middle of saying “Prince!” for some reason on this one – it’s a long story. image thumb44 Los Angeles Marathon Expo

Okay, I’ve gotta wrap this up and get to sleep – see you tomorrow!

Race Goal: I’m not aiming for a set time because I haven’t been training for a full marathon and it’s supposed to be hot. I hope to hit under 4 hours – 3:59 would be fine wlEmoticon winkingsmile11 Los Angeles Marathon Expo My “type C” personality just keeping it real.

The LA Marathon is kinda sorta on my bucket list so I’m going out to cross it off and enjoy SoCal!!! I love California. Always and forever.

Question: What are you eating for St. Patrick’s Day?

Comments

I’m very jealous of all the cool race expos you get over in America. We don’t really seem to get them quite the same over here although I do plan on gatecrashing the London marathon expo in a couple of weeks time!

It’s probably even worse over in my part of the world! Oh well, all the more excuse to head to US or London, even if it’s just for expo shopping. LOL!

All the best Monica!

2. Denise says

Have fun! I’m sure you will all do just fine!!!
    My plans for food consumption for st. patty’s day. Ummm. noblepig.com has a corned beef recipe I’ll be making and then I’ll make whatever else and probably drink whiskey and baileys and then dance a little jig.

Minus the jig.

3. Grecia says

Good luck tomorrow! Can I say I was there with you in spirit so I can claim that in a way I also ran the LA marathon?:)

4. Shelley says

I’ll be running LA tomorrow too, Monica! You will be way ahead of me though! Best of luck.. end enjoy!! :)

5. Colleen says

Good luck with the marathon!! You will rock it! Even though I am 100% Irish and have spent much time in Ireland, I cannot stand Irish food. In typical southern fashion I ate BBQ for dinner!

Good luck on the run.

I’m in Ireland here shivering from the cold and you guys are wearing shorts and t shirts. I’m insanely jealous.

Does it ever get cold in LA?

Make sure you wear something green to bring you good luck on St Patrick’s Day. I will raise a glass of Guinness (oops, I mean’t fruit juice) in your honour.

7. Laura says

I ran Rock N’ Roll DC yesterday. The course was awesome, but there were way too many people, around 30,000+. Transportation after the race was clogged, it took about 45 minutes to an hour to get my gear after the race because of the long lines and it was impossible to find a porta-potty before the race that didn’t have 50-75 people waiting in line to use it. I don’t think I’ll be doing a Rock N’ Roll race again.

8. Laura says

I ran Rock N’ Roll DC 1/2 marathon yesterday. The course was awesome, but there were way too many people, around 30,000+. The refueling stations were not marked well at all. At many of the stations, they were out of water and gatorade. Transportation after the race was clogged, it took about 45 minutes to an hour to get my gear after the race because of the long lines and it was impossible to find a porta-potty before the race that didn’t have 50-75 people waiting in line to use it. I was really disappointed in the way the race was organized. I feel like they registered a bunch of people just to make money and they didn’t have enough resources for everyone. I don’t think I’ll be doing a Rock N’ Roll race again.

Good luck and have fun! I think 4 hours for a full marathon is a great time. I could never run a full marathon let alone keep up a 9-min mile pace for that amount of time.

I’m also jealous that there are so many bloggers that get to run and hang out together at cool things like the expo!

I may just sign up for LA marathon next year. Let me know how it compares in terms of big races!

Today, I’ll be eating a big ol BBQ potato from the Rodeo!

I ran Rock ‘n Roll DC yesterday. It went great and I was especially happy that the forecast for rain showers was wrong! I live in DC so it was great running around my city. The second half of the course was a little lonely though after are the half marathoners left and there were less spectators. Good luck on your marathon today!

We were going to have green pancakes for breakfast, but our laziness got the best of us. Perhaps we’ll get more motivated to eat cool Irish or green things later today.

My brother ran the RnR DC half. They were supposed to get rain but lucked out. I couldn’t be there to cheer him on since I had a flight leaving DC that morning. I’ll run the RnR DC someday!

The marathon expo looks so fun! For St. Patty’s I wanted to make something festive or green, but I’m a bit behind this week. I need to find a great last minute recipe : )

15. Melissa K. says

I ran DC yesterday.. My first full marathon! It went great i could not have asked for better weather and beat my goal time by 22 minutes! :)

16. Katie says

I ran the RnR DC half and it was fun! It was so crowded though…and SUPER hilly. I should really look at race courses before I attempt a PR…

The expo looks great and it awesome you have some blogging buddies too! I already read your recap and way to go at the actual race!! Th rock n roll expo was pretty sweet too and the race went by quick enough, I could have definitely lived with out some of the hills though!

18. Christine says

I ran RnR DC!!!! Amazing race, so much fun!!! Great bands and spectators not to mention a 16 minute PR! Must have been my “run lucky” shirt!