Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Every time I make a recipe with Jell-o Pudding I think,

“I am the mother f-ing Sandra Lee of Semi-Healthy cooking!” sandra lee in the kitchen thumb Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe(image source)

Then I think, “How does that lady stay so skinny? I want to eat this whole thing…”

IMG 1624 800x533 thumb Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

And then I do. Oops.

i like cake so what thumb Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Ingredients:

• Pie Crust, premade because this is semi-homemade style
  • Jell-o Pistachio Pudding mix
  • 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple
  • optional: shredded coconut

I  think this is a super old school Weight Watchers recipe. My co-worker was a big fan of WW and told me about it. The OG version uses cool whip instead of Greek yogurt, but we like protein up in here so do the Greek. IMG 1611 800x533 thumb Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Directions: Mix the yogurt, pudding mix and pineapple. Carefully spread in the pie crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours minimum to set.

IMG 1616 800x533 thumb Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Optional: Sprinkle with coconut because it looks nice and we’re trying to be all Stepford Wives Sandra Lee style and she would have wanted it that way.

IMG 1619 800x533 thumb Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Eat! All of it. Because I’m not Sandra Lee and I won’t judge you.

IMG 1624 800x533 thumb1 Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Question: Do you like pistachio ice cream?

My brother and I are big fans. It’s the only thing we have in common besides red hair…

Comments

1. Pam says

love pistachio ice cream. I’ll have to try this!! It’s Rocky’s favorite. We used to love to go to Rite Aid for their pistachio. Do you remember? Flat-top ice cream scoops. :)

love Sandra Lee! :) have a great Easter weekend chica!!

2. Annie says

I have noticed you have not posted about your husband lately…is everything ok on the home front? I am guessing not but hope I am wrong!
    :( :(

I love pistachio ice cream! Pistachio anything is delicious. Just not too fond of the synthetic, SandraLee-esque pistachio-flavored Jello recipes :\

I’ve never had pistachio ice-cream, but I love pistachios, so I’m sure it can’t be too bad! ;) Hope you’re having an amazing Easter, Monica!

Wow that looks phenomenal…guess what I’ll be making ASAP? :) Pistachio pudding actually makes a great frosting on cakes believe it or not…delicious!

6. Erin says

Thanks for the recipe! I just made it to bring to my MIL’s house for Easter dinner:)! I tried the filling-so good w/ the greek yogurt-now there will be a dessert that I will indulge in!

I like pistachios but I’ve never tried pistachio ice cream. However something tells me that I wouldn’t like it. And often I find it best to tell myself that I don’t like something (even if I haven’t tried it) because it I try it and like it…DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

And a side note – they say that if you buy pistachios in the shell that it slows you down and you don’t eat as many or as fast…yeah, I don’t think that is really true! LOL :)

Oh man, my mother in law used to make pistachio cake that would just melt. This pie recipe looks like it may be even better so guess what I am doing this weekend? Thanks a bunch.