Happy Easter from your Monican

Happy Easter! IMG 20130331 120355800x800 thumb Happy Easter from your Monican

This morning I tried to turn on my old lapper and got a message that basically said, “It’s Easter. I’ve decided to go to Heaven. Go spend time with your family.”

RIP lapper.

So, I took a walk.IMAG0660800x451 thumb Happy Easter from your Monican

Then, I prayed. John 3:16.

Finally it was time to party… surethingthatsoundstotallylegit thumb Happy Easter from your Monican

I finished up my bunny cake this morning. Let me tell you a secret… I used a gluten free cake mix for this. It’s not good. IMAG0647800x451 thumb Happy Easter from your Monican

Luckily, my mom bought those Costco carrot cake cupcakes. They are DELICIOUS. Eat one. IMAG0691451x800 thumb Happy Easter from your Monican

I did.  IMAG0686451x800 thumb Happy Easter from your Monican

Since my little brother is 12 and our cousins aren’t around this year we didn’t do an egg hunt even though we dyed them. I kinda missed hiding eggs. And it would have been the best day for it too – it’s gorgeous outside!

I stayed outside with my fellow redheaded Mexican bro until we started getting too many freckles and had to head back in…IMAG0679451x800 thumb Happy Easter from your Monican

Question: What was the BEST thing you ate today?

That carrot cake cupcake was amazing.

Comments

The bunny cake is too fab!

Happy Easter :)

Also, I’ve been a bit MIA on the blogging world this month but catching up and saw that you had a HUGEEEEEEEE (and I mean ginormous) PR at the LA marathon this year – CONGRATS!

Ok, disclaimer, my blog is diet focused and what I’m about to tell you is not! So I made Choco-Oreo-Brownie bars. Press 2 packages of cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Layer whole oreos on top. Prepare one box of brownie mix and spoon that over the whole pan. Bake at 350 for 40ish minutes. Yum!

3. Becca says

I love your dress! Where did you get it? I’m hunting for a shift lace dress like that. But it’s been a struggle. My butt tends to make the dresses too short lol.

4. Meg says

Best thing I ate today was banana pancakes! Trader Joe’s pancake mix + mashed up banana + pumpkin pie spice. Deelish.

5. ESW says

Why gluten free cake? Just to experiment? I feel like cake needs gluten. Ha ha (unless you really can’t have it and then I think I’d rather just have ice cream! ;))

I went on a hike and had a picnic. I brought carrot and celery sticks with raw zucchini hummus, a cranberry-sunflower seed bagel with cashew butter and banana, homemade cheesy bread, and molasses spice cookies. Everything tastes better al fresco :)

The bunny cake is too cute! Too bad it didn’t taste great… Carrot cake cupcakes seem like a good back-up :) The best thing I had today was my mom’s homemade strawberry-rhubarb pie and a peanut butter cup cupcake. Yes, I had two desserts. It’s Easter, no judgment, right?

Just one favorite thing? Pickled eggs from my mom because I missed her so much today! She couldn’t make it to dinner and had my father deliver the eggs she made. They didn’t fill her absence, but it made me happy. They were delicious.

I made chocolate cake mix “brownies” with melted Peeps on top and sprinkles. They were serrrrrriously good, and I don’t even like Peeps.

That cup cake looks cute and delicious at the same time. Why does the bunny cake isn’t good?

hmmm.. I don’t know how they call it but it looks like salad because there’s lettuce, sliced carrots, some bell pepper, cucumber with cheese and dressing and what’s great about it was the Deviled egg on the side :)

11. Sarah says

That cupcake looks so good! I really didn’t have anything amazing on Easter this year… tres disappointing!

I made so many treats for other people (including 15 bunny cakes!) that I didn’t even cook for me and my husband. Ohhhh well! I think all my customers enjoyed their Easter desserts, though! Your carrot cupcake looked great!

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the net the simplest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined
    out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take
    a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks