Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

Someone asked if the trees in the back of this picture are avocado trees. YES! My mom’s yard has 2 huge avocado trees.

See? I just stand and stare and the amazing trees for hours. I didn’t even know someone was taking a picture…

IMAG0698 thumb1 Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

Just the Tip: Use Avocados instead of mayo in recipes for some extra flavor and healthy fat.

I made deviled eggs from the leftover Easter eggs with avocado instead of mayo and it was delicious!

image thumb4 Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

According to this WF page, Avocados are packed with Fiber, Vitamin K and Folate. And they have anti-inflammatory and cancer fighting properties. Eat them!

So, spread it toast instead of mayo or cheese. Fight that inflammation! Boom. avocado on toast thumb Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

Put it on everything. I do.

avocado on eggs thumb Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

Quest Protein Bar Winners are:

image thumb5 Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

And…

image thumb6 Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

Check out RunEatRepeat on Facebook if you didn’t on that day!

do you like guacamole thumb Just the Tip: Put Avocados in Everything

Hey, I never asked – Do you like Guacamole?

Comments

I use avocado to make my sauces creamy, YUM! And yes, it rocks my world! Plus guacamole is one of the few “veggies” my man enjoys :)

Secret confession: I’m not a huge fan of avocados! But I’m trying! I’m always on a lookout for a new recipe: one day I’ll find the one that makes me love this oh-so-good-for-you food :)

Don’t hate me…..I hate avacados. I hate gauc. Honestly…I hate MX food. :(((( I’m highly lactose intolerant and can’t eat eat anything in an MX restaurant….. More for you I guess. ;-)

Confession: I kinda hate Mexican food because I always leave the restaurant feeling disgusting. (Because I eat 3 baskets of chips, you think I’d learn…)

Guacamole is my favorite!! My husband makes a killer guac about once a week and I pretty much eat my weight in it. Avocado, red onion, garlic, cilantro, Serrano pepper, lime juice, salt, sometimes tomato. Oh. Baby.

I think it’s hard to choose them in the store because they’re often just not ripe yet. You have to take ‘em home and let them get ripe. If you put it in a brown bag with an apple they ripen faster!

I would love to have an avocado tree – pretty sure they don’t grow in Kansas, though! Love guac and all things with avocados!!

Sorry. Not an avocado fan even though I know they are healthy. I don’t mind scooping them out and making guac for my wife, I just don’t like eating it.

7. Deb says

Ohhhh, I wish I had an avocado tree that I could just pick one (or two) for every meal! I love them, but at over a $1 a pop, I don’t have them very often…. ;-(

8. Sarah says

I would die to have avocado trees in my backyard. Well, not literally die because that would defeat the purpose then, right? But yeah, I could eat guac by the gallon.

I like to mix tuna fish and avocado (instead of using mayo), sooooooooooooo good! Half the time this concoction never even makes it on to bread or a pita.

NOOOO WAYYYY!??!? :) Thanks so much. You’ve officially topped my “favorite redheads list”. I’m so pumped for these Questbars.

Ps, I have guac from Chipotle in the fridge right now. Avocados = love.
    You are a lucky little stinker for having two trees to pick from.
    xo.

Yessssssssssss. I’m trying to start an avocado tree with a pit right now, and I think it’s starting to take off. So, hopefully I don’t kill it… I would happily put avocado/guac on everything.

Now I am getting second thoughts about planting an Avocado tree. I was down at Lowe’s last week and really thought hard about buying one! :)