5 for Friday from Tucson

1. Got to Tucson around midnight last night.

wpid IMG 20130411 190759 5 for Friday from Tucson

2. Taco bell at midnight wasn’t the best idea. I need to get back on the healthy eating wagon, can someone slow it down for me?

3. Started my day with 6 miles. It was great!

wpid diptic 1365779852262 5 for Friday from Tucson

4. Since I’ve been traveling and had access to real cream for my coffee I’m getting spoiled. It really is better!

5. Now I’m in my running coach class. So far I LOVE it!

wpid IMAG1341 5 for Friday from Tucson

What are you doing this weekend??

*blogging from my phone.

pin it button 5 for Friday from Tucson

Comments

I’m going to be touring two breweries: Anheuser-Busch and Schlafly Bottleworks this weekend, so I can check that off my bucket list!

Oh yea, I’ll also probably do a nice, long run this Sunday in my new Merrell Road Gloves :) Just got them yesterday and I took them out for a run today. Love em!

2. Tara says

What do you use in your coffee?

I have a long run tomorrow for my half training, then having a slumber party wtih my fun 7yr old Niece.
    If it ever gets warm in Boston, I would like to work in the yard.
    Enjoy the warm, sunny weather!

I am:
    Running 9 miles
    Visiting beautiful Portland, OR
    and funky Eugene
    SKIING!!!
    And building a fence (or watching other people build a fence).

Enjoy your class and LEARN a ton! (to share with us)

Ha! Love the quip about Taco Bell! I would like to say that “6 glasses of wine was NOT a good idea on an empty stomach”! Ooops! I’m in San Francisco working through tomorrow then I get to head home :) Enjoy AZ!

5. GA says

There is no excuse to eat at Taco Bell in Tucson. We have the best Mexican food! So many good places- I’m local and would be happy to help show you around, go for a run with you, or make you a list of taquerias. Message me if you need anything while you are in the Old Pueblo, and have fun!

• GA says

Not sure what part of town you are in, but if you can get to downtown, head for 4th Ave and University area and try La Indita (Mexican), Maya Quetzal (Guatemalan), and B-Line (Chocolate chip cookies- interested to know how they compare!). Nice cocktail opportunities along there too, plus a slice of Tucson’s night life. Also, downtown, just south of the 4th Ave area, Hub or Lulu’s Shake Shop (awesome ice cream), Cup Cafe at Hotel Congress (slow, but nice salads), or El Charro (margaritas and oldest Mexican restaurant in town). El Charro has multiple locations, but the downtown one is the most authentic. And of course, if you’re into Sonoran Hot Dogs, El Guero Canelo (on the southside for the real deal). The University/4th Ave/Downtown area is super nice because you can walk the whole area and there are a lot of pedestrian and people watching opportunities.

It’s also Downtown Second Saturdays tonight, so there will be people and bands out, street vendors, food trucks: http://www.2ndsaturdaysdowntown.com/

Have fun Monica!

I’m so excited to hear about you becoming a running coach. That would be such an awesome job!

Taco Bell is NEVER a good idea….Sheetz at midnight (Preferably with a buzz), now that’s another story;-)

7. Gretchen says

First 10k. Ugh, I am so scared it is sad. Can’t wear headphones on this course and my friend had a commitment so she had to bow out. This is going to stretch my personal comfortablities on so many levels (I am a very shy person – with a loud mouth – an hilarious dichotomy. ha).