#BostonStrongOC #BostonStrongLB Runs

Three of my favorite people in the world ran the Boston Marathon on Monday. They are all home safe. Thank God. It really shook our local running community and running communities around the world. bloggers in orange county thumb #BostonStrongOC #BostonStrongLB Runs

(Pretend like Janae is Sheila and SkinnyRunner is Kara Goucher)

We are planning a Boston Marathon tribute run on Monday and all local runners are welcome to join. The “Boston Strong” runs are happening all over the US inspired by Pavement Runner. There is probably one near you!

A run for us to unite and show our strength.
A run for those that were unable to finish.
A run for those that may never run again.
A run for us to try and make sense of the tragedy that has forever changed something we love.

Boston Strong Run in Los Angeles  thumb #BostonStrongOC #BostonStrongLB Runs

Come join us or find out if there is a run near you via social media.

If you want to print bibs for your local tribute run use Races to Remember.

And you can get a “My Heroes Wear Bibs” shirt from my spreadshirt shop (I do not make money from these).

If you are organizing/running in a local Boston Marathon tribute run / event please share it in the comments!

Comments

1. Heidi says

Do you know if anyone selling shirts or ribbons or bracelets or anything that runners can wear in upcoming races to show their support? It would be nice to pin something my bibs or shirts.

This is great. I actually plan on going to “The Last Half Mile” run in Boston on Saturday afternoon. They’re inviting everyone to run the last half mile of the marathon where runners (including my sister) were stopped without being able to cross the finish line.

3. Shannon in Tustin says

Are you meeting at Bayshore Park? I would definitely try to make it if my kids schedules allow…
    Are kids welcome? They’re run some races with me. :)

So right about our sport being forever changed… :(

I don’t live near Boston so I’m looking for some tribute runs here in North Carolina. Hopefully there will be one here in the next few weeks. I would love to get out and show my support.

Hey there-
    I’ll be in LA that day and love to join you. I’ll message you directly Monica. Thank you for organizing this.
    We are doing an EmPOWERed Kids Run on May 15th, 6:00pm, one month after Boston, for kids and their families to run/walk 26.2 minutes together. It is virtual too, and would be great for you to join in.
    Best to you—

LOVE the idea of a “Boston Strong” run! I am definitely checking to see if there is one in my area – on the giving up ‘snacks’ for awhile front – i just turned down girl scout cookies – it was hard, but i feel better with my pretzel/water choice. One step at a time….

Malaysia Women Marathon (www.mwm.my) is organizing a long run in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow morning in support of Boston 2013. Runners can run the shorter Double Hill route or the longer Bukit Aman-Hartamas one.

Hi Sue,

My prayers to the families and friends of the tragic events unfolded in Boston. God bless all of you.

As I am from Malaysia, I wanted to do something for the Boston attack. I am coming down to KL tonight. I’ll be running the longer Bukit Aman-Hartamas route.

See you tomorrow.

9. Kathy says

Boston Marathon Tribute Run (3-5 miles)
    Monday, April 22nd
    6:00pm

Road Runner Sports
    24291 Avenida De La Carlota #5, Laguna Hills
    (949) 855-9252

10. Kristy says

Heading to the run shortly in Long Beach! Can’t wait to meet all of you! This will be my first time running since I had my baby, I’m a little nervous! Haha!

11. Jesus Guillermo Rodriguez says

I had so much fun to join the event remembering the Boston Marathon Runners at Long Beach!
    Thank for motivating others to run more!