Just the Tip Tuesday–Trader Joes Sriracha

Since I’m on a strict Sriracha Diet Plan* I go through the red sauce pretty fast. So, I was super excited when I saw Trader Joes now sells TJ’s Sriracha Sauce!

IMAG2504 450x800 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday–Trader Joes Sriracha

Except it’s not the same. Nope. I double checked on twitter and many agreed that TJ’s Sriracha is NOT exactly like the OG version.  It’s not as hot and is thinner in consistency. I like to original version a lot better.

Just the Tip: Buy the ‘real’ Sriracha because TJ’s got this one wrong.

sriracha chile sauce to lose weight thumb Just the Tip Tuesday–Trader Joes Sriracha

Don’t worry. I still love TJ’s.

Here is a list of my Trader Joe’s Must Haves**

**Updated list coming soon!

My Run and Eat for today…

I was going to do 2 x 1600s but my path is too uphill to make them actually fast on the way out. So I did 2 7:57s (it was supposed to be faster) and the way back was speedy because it was downhill.

IMG 20130430 084908 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday–Trader Joes Sriracha

(RunEatRepeat on Instagram)

Question: Got a tip to share with the class?

*Note the Sriracha post was an April Fools’ Joke, if you want serious news read the Times. If you want to be a newscaster read a teleprompter. If you want to fill a hole in your heart read the Bible.

pin it button Just the Tip Tuesday–Trader Joes Sriracha

Comments

bummer…I have the TJ’s version in my pantry once my ‘original’ verison runs out…I had high hopes! Oh well :)
    I’m totally addicted too, can’t get enough!

I like it, don’t hate me! I picked it up this past weekend & am oddly fond of it. It is a lot thinner so I enjoy it for the use of dousing my salads. If you like the thicker consistency for dipping…stick with the real deal.

3. Alyssa says

Hey Monica,

I’m new to your blog and loving it so far. I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday and I’m hooked. I’d like to run my next one faster and have seen all of these # x 1600 thingies everywhere. Judging how you have increased your speed, I am assuming it is due to these odd calculations lol. Can you or soooomeone explain to me what the heck all of it is about? I tried googling it but I need a beginners manual! Any advice is great!

I just wanted to tell you that your posts make me happy and laugh and edu-mu-cate me most days. PS we met at Expo West, I stalked you in Amy’s while lingering over their desserts.

xo

bahahahahaha! Love. It.

6. Tor says

That’s still not the real sriracha… I’ve looked at that one before and was shocked to see fish sauce in the ingredients (aka not vegetarian). You have to buy the rooster bottle!

I made the same mistake with Cosco sriacha! I was all excited about my big economy sized bottle. Tried it once and about barfed.