Family and Flying Friday

Hello and Happy Friday!

IMAG4530 (800x450)

This morning I started my day with 6 miles around my old neighborhood. It’s been a long time since I ran around here but after years and years of retracing the same steps it felt like I was just here yesterday. It was nice Smile

IMG_20130607_073045 (800x800)

After my run I came back to a delicious egg breakfast courtesy of my dad.

I am going to Florida today through Tuesday night and then I head to CO early Wednesday morning! It’s for a trip with Silk so I thought it was fitting that my mom had their new latte for me to enjoy this morning.

silk iced latte

Since my Wednesday flight is super early I’ve switched around my rest days to make that one of them. Work with the time you have and the situation you are in, right?

After breakfast I hung out with my little brother while he waited for his ride.

IMAG4551 (450x800)

Finally it was time to head to the airport. I travel a lot, but it always feels like ‘work’ if it’s for RER or a race – I know, I know it’s still pleasant travel but it’s never relaxing. I am super looking forward to this trip being about relaxing (read: day drinking on the beach).

IMAG4554 (450x800)

It’s National Donut Day, but Coffee Bean didn’t have any donuts. Fail of America.

IMG_20130607_104144 (800x800)

I even packed a super healthy / weird salad in a bag to eat for lunch because I planned on some delicious donut action.

is that aalad in your bag

*Reminder that just like how things are edited for TV/magazines/other, these are the extremes of my life. The most random, most fun, most delicious, most healthy, most clean, most dirty…. eats. It’s a very vague picture of day to day.

Now I’m in the sky reading my new Runner’s World and talking to you nice people.

IMG_20130607_110328 (800x800)

See you in Florida!

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

Comments

Have a safe flight and a good read!
    This weekend, after a trail run with my running group, I’ll be going to Carmel with my church young adult group!

I’m in Boulder and I can take you to the best running trails (that may or may not kick your butt) while you are here. Think altitude + mountains + 90 degree weather next week :)

I love your shoes! What brand? Mizunos?

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

I am running the Nick Adenhart 5K. I went to school with him before he made it big in baseball. He unfortunately passed away after he played a great game for the Angels.

Have a fun relaxing trip – any time there gets to be day drinking is bound to be a special occasion – especially on the beach!!

5. Delia says

Bright shoes = LIKE. I did not eat a donut either but thanks to you, told everyone else to eat one for me :) Salad bags = new blog/franchise idea? If you don’t do it, I may. The ‘Runner’s World’ article, that you originally linked to, was a GREAT read. As a Bostonian, loved the story behind the cover process. Headed to the beach Sunday!

6. Mia says

I’ve eaten salad in a bag at the airport. Well, that’s not really true. I was running late so didn’t have time to make a salad, so i just took my bag of arugula, and ate that. Sans fork. While i had a shirt spread over my suitcase cause i was trying to make it dry, because apparently i also pack wet clothing. Yep I’m that person at the airport. Well, in life really…

When I first saw your post in my inbox it looked liked the title was ‘new family’. Ha! I was intrigued at this development! Have a fabulous time. Day drinking is the best on vacation! I’m off to a wedding blessing/reception party after being at the actual ceremony in Sorrento, Italy last week. It’s the wedding that just keeps giving! Other than that, catching up on chores…

The salad in a bag is a great idea! I usually hang on to containers from cottage cheese, etc. to keep for disposable airport meals.

9. Mer says

I see you are an Oxygen fan as well… Did you see the news yesterday that they closed down? Bankrupt apparently. I’m so bummed! I also loved their Clean Eating magazine. :(
    Safe travels!

Day drinking on the beach sounds wondrous.

I went biked from Bethesda to DC with my dad this morning, got breakfast/snack at Baked and Wired in Georgetown, and biked back. It was a nice, relaxed ride.

Tomorrow I am planning on going on a long run. The length depending on whether my knee acts up :(

Your salad in a bag is so smart! You can just seal it up and shake to mix…I have actually been packing sliced fruit salad in a baggie for snacks at work, since it stays sealed better than my tupperware containers. I think I’m going to try it with garden salads too! Thanks for the idea!

Any time the woman went along to Taiwan the woman received a inspection inside of 12 hours following enroll plus the medical professionals made it possible to get the cause of the woman difficulty if doctors the united states had been clueless. Also in Taiwan that they louis vuitton men bag email the actual total appointment final results with a Only two morning time.