Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Remember when I did that interview with Ruby Gettinger on her journey to lose 50 pounds?

body by v challenge thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Well, she recently lost that and more using the Visalus program. You may have seen the “Vi-Shape” or “Body by Vi” commercials on TV or the internet machine – it’s the same company.

ruby and her weight loss challenge thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe(source)

Ruby completed the 90 day weight loss program successfully and lost 50 pounds! A company rep followed up with me to let me know about her success and offer me the chance to try some of their products. I didn’t want to do the program, but I was curious about the protein powder – I am always on the hunt for a good one!

So, a bag of the Visalus Sweet Cream Protein powder was delivered to my door. It’s a non-GMO soy protein.

IMAG4983 450x800 thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

I busted it open to play with right away. One afternoon I threw together these healthy oatmeal cookies on a whim and they came out great! I actually brought them to my fam’s father’s day brunch and everyone liked them too! Yes, they taste healthier than a ‘real’ cookie but they are good, promise!

IMAG5001 800x450 thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

This recipe is gluten free, low carb and fairly low in sugar.

Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe with Protein

Dry ingredients:

• 1 cup Visalus Sweet Cream protein powder
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Wet ingredients:

• 1/4 cup coconut oil or melted butter
  • 2 Tb. packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup cranberries or raisins oooor chocolate chips

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients. I made this recipe with both melted butter and melted coconut butter, both work.

IMAG4986 800x450 thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add cranberries or raisins. Or chocolate chips wlEmoticon smile11 Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

IMAG4991 800x450 thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Spray baking sheet (there is not a lot of oil in this recipe, so they will stick if you don’t). Drop by the tablespoon onto baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until done. Don’t over bake, they tend to dry out.

IMAG4993 800x450 thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Enjoy!

Nutrition facts are based on 12 cookies

Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Nutrition Facts

image thumb36 Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Store in the fridge. Re-heat leftover cookies in the microwave or toaster oven for a few seconds for best taste.

IMAG4996 800x450 thumb Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Question: Raisins or Cranberries?

Disclaimer: This recipe development post was sponsored by Visalus.

Comments

Raisins! I have plain oats with raisins every morning for breakfast. I love recipes like this. My husband hates it though. He always asks after I’ve baked something if they are good or healthy. To him it can’t be good and healthy. I will convert him one day!

2. Tina says

Other than the cookies…what do you think of the “V” protein powder? I’m looking for a good one right now.
    Thanka

Wow! This recipe seems promising! Congratulations, though! I might have to try this and see any positive changes in my diet scheme. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! Stay awesome, you!

4. Megan says

I like cranberries but will take raisins on occasions.

Monica I really like you and your blog but the number of sponsored posts are driving me insane. :( :( it makes me feel like I am just reading a commercial every time I come over to RER.

Can we get more RER than is not app sponsered content? Please don’t take this the wrong way!

I totally get it, I turn down a lot of opportunities but some weeks there are still a good number. I’ll try to spread them out better :) Thanks for reading!

I’ll probably put both in. BTW, did you use coconut oil or butter? Which works better? I’m vegan and will probably have to use the former although I’m wondering what else can I substitute it with?

I used both and thought the results were similar. Since the ‘flour’ is really protein powder and oats I wouldn’t use a ‘healthy’ oil sub, it would probably be super dry.

6. Michelle B says

I’ve totally given up raisins and cranberries and switched to chopped prunes!! Less sugar, much more good stuff, and still incredibly tasty in my opinion. :)

7. Tia says

I love the VI shake mix, I don’t really use it for weightloss but I have a shake just about every morning. They really fill you up and there freaking delicious! I know a lot of people who have had a lot of success with them for weight loss, especailly after pregnancy. It’s so easy to just throw one together … LOL I sound like a sales rep. Either way, they taste like vanilla cake mix so who can complain about that!

8. Janelle says

I just stumbled across your blog and love it! Funny, an inspiring. If you are looking for a good protein powder, I am a big fan of Perfect Fit Protein by the Tone It Up girls. Might be worth a look :)

Howdy! I simply wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for the excellent info you’ve got right here on this post.

I’ll be returning to your blog for more soon.