Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

Happy Friday!

Yesterday I went to my facial place and they happened to have a Paris themed party! What?! It was ridiculous. I got a Oreo cupcake – it full on had an Oreo in it. Yes.

cupcake with oreo in it 450x800 thumb Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

And just when I thought my day couldn’t get any better – I got a knock at the door… New Running Shoes!!!! BEST.DAY.EVER.

new brooks pure connect running shoes 450x800 thumb Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

Brooks Running sent me a pair of the Pure Connect Running Shoes in their new color – Blue.

image thumb26 Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

(RunEatRepeat on Instagram)

This color is kinda retro to me and I think they would go amazing with Procompression’s retro sock, right?

procompression retro running sock 800x800 thumb Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

Brooks’ Pure Project line of shoes is their take on minimalist running shoes. They are shoes that are light weight, flexible and the upper is designed to hug your foot. My foot likes hugs (the rest of me not-so-much), so this is good!

You can see the pods on the bottom to encourage a forefoot strike.

look at my shoe brooks running 450x800 thumb Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

I love the Pure Connects for short and mid-distance runs. I have slowly transitioned to a more light weight shoe over the last year or so. The Pure line has four different types of shoe / levels of support. So, if you are not ready to go full on barefoot you can find a lighter shoe that works for you.

At this point I prefer the Connects for 60% of my runs and the Brooks Pure Flow Running Shoes for the other 40%. <- This was the other way around until last month though! And I’ll change it based on my mileage and how my feet/muscles of my lower legs are feeling.

brooks running shoe pure connect 800x450 thumb Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

A few people have asked me what Pure shoes I recommend. It depends on your foot, how much you are running, your gait, preference, la-di-dody…

Minimalist and barefoot running are very popular trends in the running community and I totally get it. I am a fan of a lighter shoe. But, if you are prone to injury and/or need a more stable shoe because of pronating I would recommend going to a running shoe store to get professional advice.

Remember kids: Don’t believe anything you read on the internet.

license and registration please Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoes

Question: What color are your workout shoes?

Disclaimer: I am a Brooks Running Ambassador, the company sent me these shoes to post about. All opinions are my own. Please consult a professional before taking any advice from a strange redhead on the internet who may in fact be a 48 year old male in Portugal all Catfish style.

Comments

I have a pair of the Pure Drift and love them! I’ve not yet tried the Connects yet, thanks for the great review! Maybe I will consider getting a pair the next time I get new shoes. #RunHappy!

2. Emily M says

I have the new Brooks Ghost 6 (just out in June) in the blue-ish, green-ish, and yellow-ish tones. Love them! #runhappy

I love the Flows! I’m rocking the first gen right now – on my shorter runs during the week. I think 6 miles is the farthest I’ve run in them. I’m a little nervous about transitioning too quickly and wrecking something. I have a pair of connects on the way right now that I can’t wait to try. I’m really glad Brooks sends you shoes to talk about, since this is how I found out about the Pure line. :)

4. lindsey b says

I am a die-hard lover of the brooks “pure” line. My all-time faves are PureCadence I (does anyone else agree that the PC II’s are a huge let down??) I currently run in Pure Flow II’s, and Pure Conncects will be my next purchase….literally cannot wait.

I have a pair of Nikes, but I have to admit, they don’t really work well on my feet and the bottom insides of my feet always end up hurting.

I’m always so weary about Nike! I keep wondering if there’s better stuff out there, and I’m thinking there must be… I need to just go to a running store and try some different types of shoes on, I think!

I would love to try out the Brooks Pure Connect! They look awesome! I have seen several people wearing them and I do enjoy wearing lighter shoes on some of my runs. It depends on the type fo ground I am running on – but these shoes looks like something I would love!

7. Angel says

I have the Brooks Pure Cadence II’s and I LOVE THEM!! I’ve put almost 20 miles on em so far and I have had them for a week. They are the best shoes I’ve had, so light and they allow me to run faster. I cant complain, but im definitely looking forward to trying the other “Pure” shoes!

8. Anastasia says

I run in New Balance Barringer 890s which are covered in a rainbow of fruity colors. I definitely attract attention when I run as they are blinding bright.

I just got the new Brooks Ghost 6 which is really pretty and reminds me of the ocean with all the blues. I have the purple Saucony Kinvara 4s and a pair of neon Brooks Pure Connect 1 that are still alive. Oh, and my Asics Gel Lyte 33 in blue are still kicking!

I love my Ghost 6′s and just ordered a pair of the Kinvara 4′s… However I have yet to take them for a spin on the pavement. I have worn them around the house and they feel so darn stiff.

I’ve always worn the Brooks Adrenaline’s and the colors used to be so boring. In the last few years, they’ve really improved them, which I love. I also have the Brooks Ravenna 4s, which are awesome and much more colorful than any shoe I’ve ever worn. Brooks for life!!

I am new to Brooks running shoes, but I love them so much. I have the Adrenaline 13 GTS and they have alleviated so much knee pain.

Your disclaimer is my favorite part.

12. Angie says

I was obsessed with my Pure Flow’s and I do really like the Pure Flow 2′s I just got, but they’re not quite Pure Flows. I am going to the university of Michigan in the fall and I HAVE to have those blue and yellow Pure Connects. Have to.

13. Kate says

haha your disclaimers are the best ;)
    my running shoes are blue as well :) i don’t run that much, so i only own one pair, which are asics nimbus 14. but i have nike free run 3+, mainly as ususal street shoes (which is why they are black, a little to boring for running), but every now and then i change it up and wear them for running.

14. Emily says

I just bought the purecadence2′s. So far, I really love them. Much lighter than my saucony omni 11′s. However, I do feel like I won’t be able to wear them for long runs. Just short runs, speed workouts, and mid distances.

I have the purecadence2′s as well. I’m loving them compared to my kayano’s. Don’t get me wrong the kayano’s were a great shoe, but obviously not so much on my feet after I lost weight.
    I find the pc2′s fit my feet so much better and it doesn’t feel like i’m running on knives.
    My pc2′s are purple, I do plan on getting them in another color soon.

16. Ashley says

I wish I could try the Pure line…but I have to have more stability. My go-to’s are the Brooks Adrenaline GTS (which I have in the dark grey/purplish color from last year) and right now I am rocking neon pink Saucony Hurricanes. I really do think having a bright color shoes helps with motivation for those 5AM workouts (or at least that’s what I tell myself when I am up every morning at such a ridiculous hour). I hope Brooks comes out with better colors soon for their latest GTS’s.

• Becca says

They did! They just came out with a color update this month and they’re a cool purple with green laces. I’m a fan.

Love the new color!! The Brooks minimalist line is pretty great-I have a pair and they outlast a lot of the other minimalist shoes that tend to wear down quickly!

18. Becca says

I couldn’t handle the lower drop shoes- hurt my heel. And the connect’s pod rubbed me wrong on my one foot. But I’m a Brooks fan. In the new Ghost 6 and love it (though I’m also crushing on the new Saucony Ride).

Portugal male? I am thinking a 89 yr old woman trying to have phone sexz..LOL

JUST KIDDING!

Anyway..the shoes are cute

Do you know a company who is looking for someone who chaffes a lot and needs someone to test it out

Love the Brooks Pure line! I was lucky enough to get to test out the Pure Drift 3s as a run tester, and I love them. I have a couple of pair of the Pure Grit trail shoes that are my go-to shoes for long runs, but the Pure Drifts are great for shorter ones.

Sedate blue-grey Vibrams for my runs and bright orange Merrell for gym workouts. I’m a minimalist gal, like the ground feel that these shoes give me.

I have a pair of ASICS, red and white. They were really comfy and had great support but they are on their last legs, your new shoes look really cute, and I can picture them in red. I think I will have to go and check a pair out. Thanks for the great post.

23. Kathleen says

I am on my third paid of Nike Lunar Glides. I love these shoes so am hesitant to try something new. First pair was hot pink, then royal blue, now white with neon green.