Protein Brownie in a Mug Recipe

Just wanted to peek in real quick and share my afternoon snack…

I threw together a few ingredients and came up with a super fudgy brownie recipe for one!

protein brownie recipe for one healthy version 800x450 thumb Protein Brownie in a Mug Recipe

Protein Brownie for one Recipe

In a bowl mix:

• 2 Tb. apple sauce
  • 1 Tb. agave or honey
  • 1 Tb. chocolate syrup
  • 1 Tb. egg whites or 1 egg white
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • dash salt & baking soda

Place in a mug sprayed with non-stick.

protein brownie recipe in a mug 450x800 thumb Protein Brownie in a Mug Recipe

Microwave for 1 – 2 minutes or until middle looks set. I ‘waved mine for 1:30 and then let it set for 2 minutes. brownie in a mug recipe 800x450 thumb Protein Brownie in a Mug Recipe

Flip onto a plate and enjoy!

protein brownie recipe for one 800x800 thumb Protein Brownie in a Mug Recipe

I have a fah-ancy dinner to get ready for! See you later wlEmoticon smile1 Protein Brownie in a Mug Recipe

Question: What was your afternoon snack?

Comments

• Sonia Campos says

Probably because we know that Monica never buys anything out of her own money. She has sponsors galore giving her stuff. Come on Monica, it is true. You don’t even pay for your own race registration fees. Or do you?

Yes, it was a sponsored dinner. Sometimes I pay for race registrations, it really depends. I don’t deny that I get dinners and registrations though.

I’m not trying to be rude, but I would like to understand why it bugs you?

• Mason says

Probably. Tomorrow she’ll be shilling for Pinot Provence. We all know what a center for French cuisine strip malls in Costa Mesa are.

Mason, Yes, I did go to dinner at Pinot last night! I appreciate that you do extensive research via my twitter/insta feed before leaving a comment :) But, if you have an issue with me please email me at runeatrepeat at gmail dot com. Thank you.

• Mia says

Uhh, you all realize you don’t have to read this blog if you don’t want to right? If you don’t like it, then stop reading it. But don’t keep leaving nasty comments, it’s mean and unpleasant for everyone.

1. Nicole @crazyabouthealthy.com says

My afternoon snack was a banana with cashew butter ….cashew butter is amazing!!

I have a granola bar.

I’m constantly torn with these whole “healthified” recipes. Part of me thinks it’s a great option, but my highly-trained sweet tooth knows they’re not the real deal and would rather just wait for a real treat (well, my brain says wait, the tooth would prefer not to).

AFternoon snack was greek yogurt with frozen berries too hot for anything else. Normally I make a flax seed muffin (easy microwavable recipe!)

4. Shannon says

Oh man this looks delicious. If I hadn’t already eaten froyo today I would be all over this! Have fun at your fancy dinner, love those kind of dinners!

5. Gillian says

I wanted to comment on your previous post about upcoming races but apparently the comments are closed, whatever that means. Anywho I was going to say I’m in for NY this year too so if you and SR are there I’d surely meet up for pre or post race grub. My fall is Rochester half Sept 22 (Im moving to NY), Wineglass marathon Oct 6, Nike Women Oct 20, and NY Nov 3! So I am with you in training for ALL those races!

The thing with these insta-brownie microwave things that sorta gets to me is that they require so much work for 1 serving. I mean measuring out 1 tsp of this and 1 tsp of that for 1 portion totally isn’t worth the effort IMO. I tend to eat fruit and whatnot as snacks on the day to day and when I feel like splurging on something really decadent like chocolate brownies and what not I’ll just head over to the local bakery and buy one.

7. Tara says

Hmm, I will try this. I once tried a ‘cake in a mug’ recipe, it was with cocoa powder, an egg, baking soda….and something else… GAG!!!

This sounds like it would come out tasting better.

Don’t let the haters get you down girl! I wish I had sponsors and got to do the amazing stuff you do! This is an awesome recipe. Thanks for sharing and keep on bloggin’!

sheesh! I will never understand the internet wackos/haters. Blogs happen to be a perfect way for companies to get exposure for their products. Enjoy your “perks”. Blogs are work. I value your reviews and recaps and while I won’t switch to Brooks kicks because I happen to be an ASICS girl, I was intrigued by the infinity shorts you’ve reviewed/worn. I was part of Dicks Sporting Goods “every runner has a reason” video campaign. I knew when I signed up it was part of a social media marketing campaign, but it was one of the best experiences of my life. No regrets.

Who cares if the dinner was ‘sponsored’?!? Here’s a girl who is sharing her life with us, making us laugh and just being real. So she has a few peeps paying for a few things…wouldn’t you want that too? Why the hate? I say “Go Mon!”

11. s. says

wow i was totally just looking for a protein powder recipe without eggs, and here it is. trying this soon. also, i remember when RER didn’t have trolls, so i guess i have been reading for a long time, lol.