Friday Fun in Maine

Just wanted to pop in for a quick “Hello”! I got into Portland, Maine late last night and this morning woke up to this gorgeous scene!

image thumb3 Friday Fun in Maine

Here are some other pics from the day…

IMG 2744 800x533 thumb Friday Fun in Maine

IMG 2746 800x533 thumb Friday Fun in Maine

IMG 2785 800x533 thumb Friday Fun in Maine

IMG 2798 800x533 thumb Friday Fun in Maine

Aaaand the #3, 4 & 5 highlight of my life…

Meeting Ryan Hall, Deena Kastor and Meb!

hanging with ryan hall thumb Friday Fun in Maine(image source: Steve Solloway )

That photo is from a Press Herald article about us girls gushing over Ryan Hall. Ha!

I asked Meb what he’s eating tonight before Beach to Beacon 10k and he said, “Pasta! Of course!”

image thumb4 Friday Fun in Maine

Question: Meb’s having pasta – What are you eating tonight?

Comments

ahhhhh, so jealous! My parents live in North Yarmouth, and I’ve heard all about the Beach to Beacon. I think it’s the most popular race that Maine has, anyway, I’d love to run it some year. Can’t wait to read your after race report!!!! have a wonderful run!

LUCKY! So awesome that you get to meet some of the best runners in the world. Super cool!

I’m hoping I can convince my husband to get pizza. I could use something carby and cheesy.

Meb is one of the NICEST people ever! Anytime I’ve been lucky enough to see him running while also running in SD, he never seems creeped out at my incessant waving :)

4. Serena says

You must have been staying at Higgins Beach! The beach is a perfect little Maine getaway, one of my favorite places. The Good Table has an amazing breakfast. If you have free time Portland has a neat walking food tour. Enjoy your visit.

5. Joleene says

I had seen you and thought “Wow! That looks like Monica from Run Eat Repeat!” So excited I saw you! Hope you enjoyed the great racing weather!

Can I say Chinese pasta? Hehehehe…it’s actually noodles with topping of stirfried tofu, mushrooms, soy meat and assorted veg (Chinese style! mom cooked!)

I love Maine my father lives up north, or is it down south. Maine geography can be kind of confusing. He live on the on the Schoodic peninsula. It is so beautiful