Roasted Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Salad

I am a big fan of eating and watching TV. So I kinda love Diners Drive-ins and Dives because I can watch TV about eating.

Host: Guy Fieri</p>
<p>Scott Brinegar/©2007 Food Network<br />
3/4/07</p>
<p>Diners, Drive-ins and Dives<br />
Diners, drive-ins and dives are popular again thanks to faithful baby boomers, a slew of younger fans and a whole new generation of owners. Join Guy Fieri as he visits some of these classic "greasy spoon" spots, from a shack on the side of the road in Tarpley, Texas to a Vegas sports bar with stellar stromboli.<br />
" alt="Diners, Drive-ins and Dives<br />
Host: Guy Fieri</p>
<p>Scott Brinegar/©2007 Food Network<br />
3/4/07</p>
<p>Diners, Drive-ins and Dives<br />
" src="http://runeatrepeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/diners-drive-ins-and-dives_thumb.jpg" width="455" height="342" border="0" />

(source)

And the other night my peep Guy Fieri was at a bar that had a delicious vegetarian salad – Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese to be exact. But, I’m fresh outta beets (and I kinda am not a fan).

So, I made an amazing Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese salad for lunch and had to share. Well, not share the salad – it’s all mine. I mean, share the idea because it’s so good!

IMG 3036 800x533 thumb Roasted Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Salad

I roasted a big sweet potato in the oven (as opposed to micro-waving it like usual). This is better because the skin just slides right off.

Then, I chopped it up, threw it on a Caesar Salad and added several big hunks of herb goat cheese. Lunch is served.

IMG 3082 800x533 thumb Roasted Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Salad

What did you have for lunch?

Comments

I think Fieri is kind of douchey, but I would LOVE to be paid to roam around the country and eat at random hole-in-the-wall places. My husband and I were just talking yesterday about how we need someone to pay us to do a cross country ice cream shop tour.

Dinner- homemade calzones.

2. Laura says

I’ve had roasted beet and goat cheese salads before, they are delicious, you should really try them. I made coconut and almond crusted tilapia, coconut lime rice and broccoli for dinner.

Your dinner looks absolutely delicious. I used the staff voucher I got today for parking on the far side of campus and scarfed down a free all-you-can-eat meal in the cafeteria before dashing to the other side of campus for team pictures. Not nearly as healthy! But the salad bar is pretty good! (My first visit to the cafeteria here.)

Not a fan of beets too and I’m thinking of trying out sweet potato like you and maybe yam. It’s lunch hour here; haven’t planned din yet. We’ll see how it goes when I get home.

Oh that looks yummy! I am a total greens snob now and only buy kale, spinach, arugula, or mesclun… Weird I know. For dinner I went out with the boy for a sushi date! It was delicious but I rarely eat rice so I looked a few months pregnant after dinner. Luckily my belly was flat again in the morning!

So glad I am not the only one who watches Guy while I’m eating. Love this show! Love this combo for dinner. Last night I had some baked salmon, eggplant pizzas and butternut squash. I was feeling particularly kitchen adventurous!

I’m still obsessing over zucchini, so I made a “Taco Zucchini Boat”– ground turkey with taco seasoning. I cut the zucchini in half, scraped out the rind, put the taco meat in it, topped it with shredded cheese and baked it.

Holy YUM.

Anytime I run on the treadmill it’s all about Food Network. . . the past 3 runs have actually been fueled by Mr. Guy, and I’m not upset about that.

My dinner last night, ironically enough, included a beat and goat cheese salad (tapas style meal, so I had a lot of different plates, but that was a good one!)

YUM! This salad looks so good, I can’t wait to try it! I was never a huge beet person until I had them the RIGHT way. Of course it was at a restaurant but they were cooked and dressed perfectly and now I’m totally sold on the whole beet craze.