Ask a Monican, Meet a Monican

Time for another episode of Ask a Monican!

A reader spotted me at the RnR Las Vegas race expo but didn’t say ‘hi’. She emailed me after with this question:

In other holiday news…

ugly sweat kit thumb Ask a Monican, Meet a Monican

Do you have an Ugly Sweater Party (or run) on your holiday calendar?

Surprisingly enough, I haven’t been to an ugly sweater party, (that’s just how I dress all the time).

Reader Meri contacted me because she spearheaded the development of The Ugly Sweat Kit. It’s a kit with all the tools to make your own ugly sweater with your own weird touch! She is offering RER readers a discount coupon code for 15% off with code: letsgetugly

Question: Have you ever been to an ugly sweater party?

I didn’t even know that was a thing until recently.

pin it button Ask a Monican, Meet a Monican

Comments

OMG, I totally had a starstruck experience when I saw you, Skinny Runner, and Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers at the Disney Wine & Dine! I totally felt like a dork, but I saw the whole group on my way to the port a potties (classy, I know!), and stopped and said “Monica, Hi read your blog, and yours too, and yours too.” It was totally too much to take in, plus it was my first half marathon, so the nerves were crazy intense. But I’m so glad I stopped to say hi. Wish I would have gotten a pic though.

OMG! This is perfect! I am such a star struck person and never know how to approach anyone! I have never met one of my “running blogger idols” in person but now I know…you are people too! Feel better!

3. Barbara Ann says

Thanks so much for answering my question you crazy Run, Eat Repeat girl! Loved the response and now I have video proof that someone thinks I’m funny!! Yippee!

I remember seeing you at the NYCM expo and didn’t feel awkward at all because I did feel like I knew you. It’s weird sometimes to think about the blog writer/reader relationship. Just tonight I was thinking how I enjoy all the blog pets….Vegas, Marni, CNC’s Murphy etc etc. You are/were super approachable and friendly.
    I kind of wish I had an ugly sweater run to participate in. Maybe next year.
    Feel better!

YES! Well kind of. My friends and I all get together for a gingerbread cookie making while listening/singing along to Christmas music party every year. Christmas sweaters highly encouraged :)

I totally feel like I know you and I am soooo coming up to you for a picture if I EVER see you…..so, any plans for a MN race? ;-)

Other than that….You said in the video it was a down day…I DO NOT look that cute on an UP day!!! Your make up was/is perfect girl!! (And is that the Brooks running shirt??? It is too cute!!)

I’ve a few people coming up to me to say hi during runs, events etc even though I don’t blog much. It’s always nice and interesting to meet runners.
    Nopez, never been to an ugly sweater party – would love to though.

That ugly sweater kit is so smart! We used to have ugly sweater parties in college but sometimes it was hard to find one “ugly” enough…. making your own would be ideal :)

I love your top in the video! That was a cute question from your reader. I’d probably go up to a blogger, but I remember I had backstage passes to a Jack Johnson concert and he walked past me and I could not open my mouth. :( Never been to an ugly Christmas sweater party.

That is an awesome kit! I have been to one ugly sweater party and they are a blast! I have a friend whose brother goes to Goodwills before the holidays and buys all the sweaters and sells them online for like $40! Making profit!

We have an ugly sweater contest in the office. It was discussed this year that we may offend someone because they would just think people were wearing Christmas sweaters. Hello, if you wear ugly Christmas sweaters as part of your normal wardrobe this may be a wake up call. Never heard of offending someone like this.

12. Michele Williams says

Love your top in the vid!!! Please share where it’s from, looks like there are a few of us who would like to get one. :)

13. Nicole says

Last year, I saw Ben at the Long Beach Marathon. I said, “BEN! From Run Eat Repeat!! So awesome!!” (hello, dork girl!) He just smiled and said, “Yep”.