To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

Hello! I woke up in the middle of the night feeling kinda sick again. So, when I got up this morning I wasn’t sure what was going on with my body. I just didn’t feel 100%, but couldn’t really put my finger on it. I took my temperature and it said 97.3, which just means I’m dead inside but I already knew that.

So, I had to ask myself that age old question -

to run or not to run…

The #1 rule of running while sick is “If it’s in your chest you must rest.”

And I am not having any chest issues (outside of that tiny lil black heart in there, but I don’t think that’s a medical problem).

Rule #2 is to first ask yourself “Is running going to make you feel better or worse?”

image thumb16 To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

I decided running wouldn’t make me feel worse, but I would cut my planned run short and take it easy. Plus Mizuno just sent me new gear to test out and I needed to run for the cause. (The cause being RER, hello.)

running pose 376x501 thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

I did 7 miles in the Mizuno Evo Cusoris (from their minimal line-up). So far I’m digging them, super light weight.

7 mile run 376x501 thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

mizuno cusoris 668x501 thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

Post run eats.

breakfast quesadilla 668x501 thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

Speaking of eggs…

breakfast food thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

Last night –  Have you ever heard the term, “Breakfast for dinner will make you thinner.” ?

Probably not unless you follow me on Instagram because I just made it up. You’re welcome.

omlete for dinner 725x544 thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

Random dessert remix – pumpkin, carrot cake yogurt, cereal, sunflower seeds.

pumpkin pie dessert 668x501 thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

I assume you kinda sorta ‘get’ social media if you’re reading a blog and dutifully are pinning my random recipes and workouts (thank you). But in case you need a crash course I saw this the other day and thought it was funny:

social media explanations 575x800 thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

25 Days of Fitness Challenge – Day 4

25 days of fitness day 4  thumb To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

Question: Who are you writing your note to?

pin it button To Run or Not To Run That is the Question

Comments

1. Natalie says

I hope the run helped you feel better. I wrote my note to my husband. I left it on the coffeemaker when I went to work so he’ll see it when he gets up :-)

2. Casey says

I cant believe you ran! I always put my health before running so if im not feeling great I dont go. Especially if I was just sick because I want my immune system working hard on getting me better and not being distracted :)

PS- kind of random, but since your a Brooks ambassador, how do you also have a relationship with Mizuno? I would think one of them would put some clause in about that? Im just getting into sponsorships and I am trying to figure all this out

Mizuno just sent me gear, I am not in a partnership with them. Brooks is my main sponsor for 2013, but if another company sends me something with no strings attached I make the call on whether or not I want to share it. I mentioned it because I’ve been trying a lot of other minimal shoes this year and this is another option for runners with the same needs as I have.

3. Chuck says

That social media pick is from a donut shop in Portland, OR which I went to when I visited there! They had donuts with alcohol shots in them – it was amazing!

I have to be pretty sick to not run. While I was under going cancer treatment, I continued to run although it was slower and less miles. It almost always makes me feel better.

Hope you are feeling better, I assume you are since you ran!
    Funny that writing a note is the challenge for today because I am now sending out a card to a special Blogger friend and I’m sure there will be a note sent with it! Take Care ~M

6. Rebecca says

I have those shoes in pink…I LOVE them. They make me run like the wind! If the wind was really slow and ran at 9 minute miles…but they are super comfy :)

• Steph F. says

That was my first thought as well! I used to wake up feeling sick in the middle of the night like that, and would have to go downstairs and eat toast until it passed :)

I hope you’re feeling better this afternoon :)

I’m writing a note to my hubby….I owe him an apology for something that happened in March. I wanted a new car…found a new car…but he insisted it wasn’t a good deal and wouldn’t let me proceed. I was furious! He was right!! I’m getting a new car tomorrow…way better car…way better deal. Hate it when they’re right.

Personally, I think you should let your body rest if it’s fighting something. I think it’s better for you to rest than to stress your system when it’s already fighting something. It’s not like you’re going to lose any endurance taking a day or two off. Just my opinion and what I’ve learned. Hope you are feeling 100% soon! :-)

9. Annemarie/Carmie says

I’m writing a note to my mom. Logging off now (even though I really want to watch video about saying hi to Monican). Hope you are feeling 100% soon!