Last Day in Florida for 2013

This morning I ran straight to the beach to breathe in the salt water air and enjoy the ocean sounds.

beach all to myself in florida 668x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

There is a bridge I run over with the most gorgeous views of the sunrise. Paused here to enjoy God’s creations. Amen.

on the bridge in florida 668x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

florida running on the beach 668x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

Run: It is exactly 5 miles from the house to the sand – perfect for a shake out before my flight.

beach running self picture 282x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

5 miles on the beach florida 376x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013seafoam green is in fashion 668x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

This trip is actually short compared to our usual holiday visits to Florida. It is leaving me wanting more!

running on sea shells 668x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

After my run I walked along the beach thinking about my 2014 resolutions. It was very relaxing wlEmoticon smile8 Last Day in Florida for 2013

Then, I called Ben to come pick me up and we drove through Dunkin Donuts on the way back.

dunkin donuts last iced coffee 376x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

One last iced coffee for the road.

dancing in dunkin 376x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

Breakfast. The one healthy meal I’ve been eating each day. Beyond that it’s been less than stellar. Oh well, it’s the holidays and I won’t lose sleep over it – just get back on track when I get home.

breakfast with eggs and oatmeal eat clean 725x544 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

Then, it was time to pack it up and head home. I used my ol’ dryer sheets in the running shoes trick…

dryer sheets in running shoes packing trick 668x501 thumb Last Day in Florida for 2013

Question: What are you doing for New Years Eve? Any fun parties??

Comments

LOVE the Dunks! I am drinking some right now – it’s what helps me get through the day! :-)
    The hubby and I are hanging out tonight and watching a movie (and making a yummy meal – crab legs and homemade potato skins – certainly an interesting combo!). There will be champagne involved as well. And of course, some running!

2. Laura says

With small children, I’ll be lucky to be awake at midnight, lol. We will be staying home, making pizza and probably watching some movies. Nothing exciting but it’s cool.

One of my besties had a baby recently, so I’ll be hanging out with that fam at their house. In bed before midnight I’m sure :-)

I use the dryer-sheets-in-the-shoes trick too. And I put them all over my gym bag (I have about a million pockets). Makes a huge difference!

Love the pictures of Florida; that’s one of our favorite places to visit! The hubs and I are ringing in the new year in style! We’re attending a NYE party at Public Functionary, an art gallery in Northeast Minneapolis. Happy New Year!

5. Natalie in uk says

Love your shirt. I love florida. We vacation there every year. Went for a curry last night and watched grown ups 2. Went for a 4 miler this morning. First of the year and scored a pr. Yay. Would never have run all the half marathons and distances that I ran last year if it wasn’t for your blog. You inspire me to get out there every day. I trained for a marathon but 18 miles was the furthest I got. Maybe this year. All the best for 2014.

6. Jessica says

I don’t know the dryer sheets in the shoes trick? Does it help with moisture? Or smell? And does it work?? Thanks and happy 2014!!

I miss Florida (and I was just there a month ago)! Thanks for the pics to live vicariously through you. :)

We hosted a 90s themed party. It was a lot of fun! Happy 2014!