Sunday Set Up Fridge Tip

Hello! I love using Sunday as a day to set myself up for a good week. This means planning out my work, chores, exercise and meals.

A while back I started to use the phraseSunday Set Up as a reminder that is was my day to get everything ready. I got that phrase from celebrity trainer Kathy Kaehler at a fitness event and it suck with me so I took it and made it work for my life…

sunday set up plan thumb Sunday Set Up Fridge Tip

I am still out of town, so my Sunday won’t include setting up my meal plan. I’ll have to go grocery shopping when I get home Wednesday! But, I did want to share this quick tip to help your set up…

Fit Tip:

Take a picture of the inside of your refrigerator before you leave to go grocery shopping. This way you’ll know what you have and what you need at the store!

sunday set up fridge picture 408x544 thumb Sunday Set Up Fridge Tip

food and liquor thumb Sunday Set Up Fridge Tip

Note: I don’t need Nutella or Sriracha.

nutella and sriracha 408x544 thumb1 Sunday Set Up Fridge Tip

But, I’m not sharing either one of those!

dont share food thumb Sunday Set Up Fridge Tip

Question: What’s on your grocery list this week?

pin it button Sunday Set Up Fridge Tip

Comments

Novel concept to get ready for a successful week. Your refrigerator is way too organized. If I took a picture of mine before going to the store I would still not know what to get because stuff is just packed in there. Reminds me that I may need to get rid of some old leftovers that may have been in there too long.

I went grocery shopping on Friday, and stocked up on a bunch of produce. I think I will have to run out and get some milk later in the week though. Maybe some yogurt.

I never thought of taking a photo of my fridge (although it’s not as neat as yours) – thanks for the tip! I always make sure I have plenty of Gree yogurt and cottage cheese, as I use them as base ingredients in a lot of my recipes. I’m definitely buying some spinach this week so I can make myself some green smoothies…and probably some more veggies burgers (I’m almost out), because they’re one of my go to meals when I don’t have a lot of time.

My grocery list at the beginning of the week is usually just all my staples that I run out of throughout the week, fresh fruits and veggies, fresh baked Rudi’s bread (YES best part of being back in boulder!), eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, milk. I do meal planning based on things I already have and then I just pick up a few other things for the meals if I need them.

I got my grocery shopping done yesterday! Got everything I needed for this week – but I am most excited about making a slow cooker Aloo Gobi and my favorite Martha Stewart recipe “Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.” I love this as a Sunday checklist. I’ll be putting it on my fridge!

6. Emily says

I haven’t been too into eating lately, so today I only bought a spinach/lettuce mix and some tomatoes. Yesterday I enjoyed brunch with friends that included a Paula Dean French toast casserole (read: French bread fried in butter with syrup). That was major motivation to eat more salads.

7. Melina says

Loooove Sunday set-ups… Only down side is my family lives out of town so like twice a month I end up staying overnight there and by the time we make the two hour drive back… Sunday is over! Boo. At least I can make my workout plan and and write my grocery plan… Thank goodness I work at home and can grocery shop Monday at lunch ;)

That’s a handy tip–to take a photo of your fridge. I’m taking note of that. I LOVE that friend’s episode with Joey, I laughed out loud when I saw that gif. (I’m that way with chocolate) ;-)

Got my groceries done yesterday evening (Sunday). I typically write mine in my mobile, so as and when I remember something throughout the week, I put in down.

I was also out of town, so I made a quick stop before getting on the train to go back to Philly and picked up some juicing supplies and lunch meat. I wanted to make sure I had enough to get me through a few days so i didn’t have to force myself to go to to the grocery store as soon as I got home. I have next Monday off, so I’m hoping to do some crock pot meals that I can freeze and thaw later!