Miles for Meg

Hello! I started my day with a 16 mile run. There are tons of races going on this weekend (Tinkerbell Half and Carlsbad Marathon), but I thought I was going to be out of town (again) so I didn’t sign up for any and now they’re all sold out. Boo wlEmoticon sadsmile Miles for Meg (To everyone who is messaging me, no I won’t be at Disneyland or Tinkerbell this weekend. My fail.)

So, it was a solo run with my thoughts. But, that’s not so bad because I wrote a few chapters of a book in my head. Now if only remembered it…

image thumb9 Miles for Meg

I’ve been craving a good detox juice from Whole Foods, so that was my first stop after the run. Wheatgrass on the side to get it over with fast.

whole food detox juice 600x800 thumb Miles for Meg

I also grabbed some granola from the bulk bins and hot food/salad bar deliciousness.

whole food salad bar 800x600 thumb Miles for Meg

#MegsMiles

After the run/eat routine I was checking comments and saw Mia tell me about #MegsMiles. Meg Cross Menzies is a runner who was killed by a drunk driver while on a run last week. You can read the full story here via Daily Mail.

Someone organized a virtual memorial run for her on Facebook. You can participate by checking out the FB link and sharing #MegsMiles on social media when you dedicate your run to her.

I’m bummed I didn’t see this until after my run so I’m dedicating my miles to Meg tomorrow. Pass it on as you see fit.

Have a good, safe weekend!

pin it button Miles for Meg

Comments

1. elizabeth says

this happened in the area in which I live (central VA). Sort of close to the hummus factory you toured not too long ago. It’s so great for runners to remember one of their own. Thanks for mentioning this on your blog.

2. Veronica says

How devastating! She and her family will be in my prayers, during my run tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this story with us. One can hope that our well wishes and prayers will help this family!

3. Christine says

Hi! I’m unexpectedly out of town and bought a bib for the Tinkerbell half. I don’t know if they’re transferable, but if so, you can have it! As a thank you for the fun (and inspiring!) treadmill reading material :)

I logged my Miles for Meg today. Poor girl. It is a shame that anyone would have to lose their life because of someone’s decision to drive under the influence…or is just not plain paying attention…

You should do the Disney runs next January! I’m going for my honeymoon :)

Thanks for sharing that link, do you have a link or info and where to get more information on what they’re doing? I went to check it out to share and didn’t see it on the front page or their blog page.

I have been on a weight loss journey over the past year that saw me go from 330 lbs to 198 lbs. Most of this was accomplished through hiking but at one point a few month ago, I hit a plateau and it seamed impossible to loose more weight. Then I started running and the pounds are coming off again! I can run about 7 miles now, hopefully will improve in the future!