Friday Favorites for January 24

Happy Friday! I spent some quality time catching up with trash TV last night. I know it’s not good for you to love bad TV, but I do.

i love tv thumb Friday Favorites for January 24

There are worse things I could love wlEmoticon smile10 Friday Favorites for January 24

It’s Friday. I’ve officially been home from vacation for a week and am finally caught up on life, liberty and the pursuit of my inbox. Whew.

This morning I did a short run and some stretching. I’ve been bad about getting out the door early lately. I’m a morning person all the way so it’s not hard for me to wake up and run in the morning, but I’ve been going out later since I’ve gotten into the habit of checking email, approving comments, drinking coffee, cleaning up Vegas’ barf before I get out the door.

Today I was up and out in 10 minutes and it felt great. I miss that!

stretch after a run 409x545 thumb Friday Favorites for January 24

Let’s talk favorites!

Favorites this Week

1. My wide headband / ear warmer! I LOVE the wide knit headband that I wore in China. LOVED. Sadly, I LOST it in the mall in Beijing.

SAM 0226 800x600 thumb1 Friday Favorites for January 24

I bought it at Claire’s but found a few similar options online I might buy.

2. My new electric kettle for my tea! I want to start a new life where I drink tea all the time and do tai chi and feel balanced and happy. The kettle is a step in the direction of all those new antics. Ommmmmmmmm!

3. My 2014 calendar so I can get my act together.

race calendar 2014 376x502 thumb Friday Favorites for January 24

4. Not being cold.

I miss China. I loved every second of it! But, I’m glad I’m not cold anymore. I bought tights to wear under my jeans the first day, wore 2 pairs of socks and layers of tops and I was still FREEZING to the bone the entire time we were in Beijing. Being cold is not my favorite.

SAM 0222 800x600 thumb Friday Favorites for January 24

5. Courtney Loves Dallas. Last night was the season finale – it was a short season I guess?

courtney loves dallas thumb Friday Favorites for January 24

6. Roasted Chickpeas!

roasted chickpeas from flat belly cookbook thumb Friday Favorites for January 24

My friend Kristina from Love and Zest sent me a copy of the book she co-wrote Flat Belly Cookbook for Dummies. I’ve been reading it for a few weeks now and starred a bunch of recipes. This one for roasted chickpeas has been calling my name. You guys know I used to be President of the Chickpea Lover’s Club, right?!

flat belly cookbook review 376x502 thumb Friday Favorites for January 24chickpeas flat belly cookbook thumb Friday Favorites for January 24

Question: What’s your favorite thing this week?

pin it button Friday Favorites for January 24

Comments

Not gonna lie, my favorite thing this week has been the Edy’s Grand Chocolate Chip ice cream in my freezer that bailed me out of a stressful situation multiple times this week. I know! I know! I’m supposed to Sweat Out the Small Stuff not Sweet it out….=)

I’m also loving my new shower curtain and bath mat from Target. It’s white with yellow and gray paisley.

Love (d) your wide knit headband. Rest in peace.

My favorite thing this week…is that is BaconFest/Bacon Week here where I live! It’s the best week of the year :) I love your headband, so cute and functional (ears should never be cold)!

My cat used to get UTI’s all the time, the vet told us to put a little bit of water in with his dry food. We feed him Flint River Ranch and I probably add two tbsp water to 3/4 cup of dry food. He’s been good since we started doing that! The food and adding water was recommended by the holistic vet we took him to in Iowa.

I am loving my new ‘do i got last night
    PS. I love trsh t.v. too…but lately I have had no time to watch it…I am so behind…my hubby’s going away next week for work…so guess who will be parking their butt on the couch!

I have to be honest, I bought a wide knit headband because I loved yours in all your pics. I was getting ready to leave for Germany the first couple days you were in China, and I decided that I needed to have one for my trip, too. It was probably one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I wore it every day and it kept me warm. And since international plugs are funky, I never really did my hair. The headband tamed the mane perfectly :)

I’m glad you liked it too! I loved mine (before I lost it) and wore it the whole time. Then, I took it off inside a mall because it was warm in there and RIP headband…

I watched Walburgers on A & E. It was really good. I’m from Boston and have been to both restaurants, so I had a reason to watch, but it was funny and I love all the Boston scenes.

I am also loving Courtney Loves Dallas, but I was really surprised that she doesn’t update her blog more! I dream of doing what she does with MY blog, as far as a television show goes, but I thought one of the cardinal rules of blogging was to update your blog with good content often, right?

OMG you have 30rock on there! I just finished the season finale last night and loved it! Thank you Netflix for letting me watch 7 seasons in 3 days ;). Oh and where did you get that calendar? I need something like that!

P.S. Sorry you lost your awesome headband.

• MaryEllen says

Thanks! I always overthink these things and think I need to GO BIG!! I’ll go to Wally World and get one, and then if I need bigger and fancier, I can work my way up! ;)

8. Courtney says

I am in love with the fact that I can go for a run outside after a couple weeks of bad fog which resulted in bad air quality for allergy suffers. I love that I get a date with my Mommy tomorrow to go bday shopping and lunch, also I get to end my night with a girls night with my sil and several girlfriends!!!

Definitely! I’m a big fan of essential oils, and you can put a few drops of lemon oil in water if you are traveling or just don’t have a fresh lemon. Delicious!

Oh man, I feel you on being cold. Bone chilling cold. Jealous of your CA weather – in Chicago we had -20 wind chills this morning! I’m so tired of talking about it. Haha. My favorite thing this week is staying INDOORS! And wine. And maybe trying a new soup recipe:)

I have a knit headband just like that, only blue. I’ve run into a bunch of people with them. Almost everyone I’ve asked has gotten theirs cheaply at a flea market. Maybe things like that wouldn’t be a common in sunny California flea markets, though…

Haha! Checking comments and emails – don’t let us keep you from heading out the door in the morning – it’s too easy to get stuck on the computer all day doing all those fiddly stuff. I haven’t logged into Facebook in like a month and it feels great!

Anyway, fav thing this week was pro’ly seeing my little cousins that I hardly ever see; mucking around with them, being dumb. Hopefully my foot won’t swell up in a few days like it did last time!