Fat Tuesday and National Pancake Day!

Today is Fat Tuesday and National Pancake Day!

Sadly, I’m not in New Orleans right now so I have to hold on to the awesome memories I made last year with Chandra…

new orleans marathon what to do via runeatrepeat

Luckily, I’m carb-loading this week for the LA Marathon, so this is kinda my favorite day!!

buffet after race (800x600)

fat tuesday and pancake day

I have a lot of healthy pancake recipes so let’s take this opportunity to have breakfast for dinner – or, Brinner as it can be called with one of these.

National Pancake Day Recipes:

Cinnamon Raisin Protein Pancakes

cinnamon raisin protein pancakes (800x600) (800x600)

Sweet Potato Pancakes

sweet potato pancakes

Oatbran Cakes

oatbran cakes

Strawberry Shortcake Protein Pancakes

strawberry shortckae protein pancakes recipe

you will have pancakes

Question: When was the last time you had pancakes?

If it’s been longer than 24 hours, it’s been too long.

I made some very awesome Tie fighter and x wing fighter pancakes with my star wars molds this morning. I wish I could say it was in honor of pancake day but it’s kind of my normal…..and no, I am not a twelve year old boy.

I’m trying to find a gluten free pancake that doesn’t taste like ass. For those times when I throw caution to the wind, I love pancakes (and my pregnant stomach when I’m done with them). Does watching my friend eat carrot cake pancakes on Saturday count? I’ll say yes.

Sunday funday always includes me waking the boyf up with pancakes, bacon, and coffee. I look forward to it during my runs during the week 😉

4. Shannon in Tustin says

FOREVER–it has been forever!

Is it really National Pancake Day? I just figured out dinner…mom for the WIN! Pancakes, bacon and fruit. :)

One time my mom made my lil bro pancakes for dinner and he was so weirded out! “Monica, do you know what mom made me for dinner yesterday?! Pancakes!! I don’t know why…” Ha.

Yum! I LOVE pancakes, any day of the week, any time of the day….and I was devastated I did not get to celebrate pancake day yesterday. In England it is a HUGE deal, EVERYONE has pancakes for dinner, and it is one of the things I miss the most about home. I have vowed this is the last pancake day I will miss! You have given us lots of amazing new recipes….as if my list of breakfast ideas on pinterest wasn’t already long enough 😛

Oh I devoured a plate for breakfast yesterday and then toyed with the idea of also cooking them for tea…you can do that on pancake day right?…Twice in one day…that’s acceptable?!