What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Helloooooo!

Yesterday I hit up the store for a few things and bought myself two cute lil flowers. I’m going to try and plant them, so I’m pretty excited. I’m sure they have an official flower name but I shall call them Bart and Lisa.

bought myself a flower 376x502 thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

im the plantsecutioner What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Strawberry snack on the way home from the store…

strawberry snack 376x502 thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Did you get a good night’s sleep last night?

I did. I had a weird dream about a grocery store and one of my friends, but I won’t go there.

what if everybody ran sleep 800x420 thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Actually, running helps you sleep better! Maybe that’s why I sleep like a corpse baby.

Mizuno recently commissioned some research on what the world would look like if everybody ran. They have a couple of fun facts on how different it would be…

what if everybody ran pasta 800x420 thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Carb-loading FTW.

So of course I had to lace up and contribute to the world’s running population this morning…

lace up your mizunos if everybody ran 669x502 thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

These are the Hitogamis. They make my tiny lil black heart happy because they’re pink.

what if everybody ran mizunos 727x545 thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Guess how many more post-run beers there would be if everybody ran????

what if everybody ran breathe 800x420 thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Make that 134,999,999 because I’ll take a mimosa wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

i can drink in the morning thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

never too much champagne thumb What If Everybody Ran? Yes, even you.

Obviously the reason I run is for fro-yo. So, I am kinda digging this slow-mo ice cream clip… (Don’t watch it if you won’t have access to ice cream today, it’s mouth watering.)

Check out If Everybody Ran and follow on #IfEverybodyRan on twitter for more run fun. <- Seriously wrote run there.

Question: Do you have a plant? Did you name him/her?

Comments

love this “if everybody ran” post! i’m with you on zero beers, always mimosas. and fun-colored shoes make every run better.
    no plants here, as i’m sure i’d manage to forget about it/kill it/throw it out in 2.5 seconds in my NYC apartment, where i have to keep my running shoes right in the middle of my bedroom floor at all times to be sure i know where they are. a plant wouldn’t stand a chance.

My kids were supposed to take care of the potted flowers to prove they were ready for a cat. The flowers died. The end.

We do a garden, but don’t have indoor plants. Kids like to spill and/ or eat the dirt.

I don’t have a plant because of the reason that comic said. Plants coming into my house is a direct death sentence. That or my animals eat them and then puke everywhere. Ugh!

I run for froyo too!

I sleep like a baby. Not a good thing…they wake up all the time wanting to eat or needing to pee. Not cool. This morning I woke up feeling exhausted. Yesterday morning I got up finally after having woken up every 90 minutes or so, with at least 1 dream in each of those 90-min segments.

If I can remember right away, I’ll write down my dreams and then go back and look at them a couple days later. Hilarious!

That’s an awesome campaign! I love it. I think you should have stuck with your sleep comparison to a corpse because it’s a myth that babies actually sleep. As per my fitbit, I wake up on average 23 times per night.

6. Rob Runs says

I had a lot of cacti, I had this one for like 7 years and then someone gave me an amaryllis that fell over and killed it and I’m still a little bitter about it. Right now I have one of those “plants” that’s essentially just a long vine that takes over your entire office (Google tells me it’s some kind of philodendron), it’s name is Pauly Plant since a dude named Paul gave it to me. I’ve had it for 5 years!

7. Maria says

I do name my plants – currently the only one indoors really named (and my geek will totally show now) is a money tree called Tyrion after Tyrion Lannister, from “Game of Thrones.” Last season he was appointed Master of Coin (something like treasurer of the court) so, yeah…

• Maria says

Oh, keep watching! There’s more cool stuff to come, especially this season. The world hates Joffrey and he’ll get his just desserts, trust me.

My housemate’s cat see plants as a salad bar. I’ve had excellent success with succulents, though. I’ve got a Stag Horn cactus that has gone absolutely nuts this year. I haven’t thought to name any of my cactuses yet…I think I’ll call the spiky one Pokey, and then I’ll call my Aloe plant Gumby.

I have two plants. I wait until they are almost dead then I feel bad and water them. Maybe once a month, they have really learned to toughen up.

I wish everybody ran! Think how healthy we would be, and I wouldn’t have to feel scared running alone in the dark at 5 am because there would definitely be other people out running too.

I have never successfully had an indoor plant. But usually each spring I plant some marigolds, petunias and or impatients around my tree in the front of my house. And I stress every day as they get wiltier and wiltier until finally they pretty much die. The petunias tend to hang around longer. I blame it on the soil. Staten Island is very much clay. Not enough nutrients. That’s my story and i’m sticking too it =)

I too name my plants. I currently have a mini live christmas tree named Gertrude, she’s the cutest plant ever. I didn’t listen to your warning and now I really want some ice-cream…..

The world would be a better place if everyone ran!!

I had a bamboo stick for a while, I called him Shooter McGavin cuz he shot up so fast! I swear you can’t kill bamboo!

I’m now plantless but I recently named my new refrigerator ‘Joy’ it’s sooo fitting.

I have a mini Christmas tree plant that is named Milton. My mom got him for me for my birthday one year when I was away at college and couldn’t pick out a tree with the fam (mom FTW). I also have some random plant at work that I named Walter. I later realized our VP is named Walter. Awkward. I need a new name for him.

Ah, should have listened to you about the ice cream clip! I may have to stop for fro yo on the way home from the gym, great idea, right?