Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

How’s it going??

I made a very short and sweet sweaty video recap of the Catalina Marathon (below). But first I wanted to share some of the fun and randomness that happened…

california ice bath after catalina marathon 800x600 thumb1 Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

If you’re just catching up – I ran the Catalina Marathon Saturday. <- Check out my recap / results there.

After the race I went back to the rental house to shower and relax. We stayed in a small house that is a perfect location from the race finish line and dock. In the morning it was a 5 minute walk to the boat.

catalina marathon recap rental house 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

walking after catalina marathon 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

I ate and put my feet up for a while to relax. I wanted to take a nap, but my body couldn’t settle down enough to fall asleep.

feet up after marathon 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

I hit up the store for some chocolate milk and they were out – but they did have this chocolate/coffee milk combo.

chocolate and coffee milk 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

Finally we rallied and got ready to go out. Sportin’ my Catalina Marathon Medal.

after catalina marathon thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

It’s actually a very cool clay piece designed by a local artist, Robin Cassidy.

catalina medal 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

lobster trap catalina island 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

lobster trap menu 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

We ended up having to get food to go from The Lobster Trap because people were coming over soon.

onion rings after catalina marathon 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

Someone brought Oreo truffles. God Bless them.

oreo truffles after catalina marathon 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

Then, this happened.

all the tequila after catalina marathon 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

Renee and I snuck out for more tequila. Twice.

more tequila and sriracha 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

The next morning I was sore and dehydrated, but doing well all things considered wlEmoticon smile6 Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

The way to my heart:

the morning after was rough 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

But I opted out of the tequila sunrise breakfast special, and I went in search of iced coffee…

catalina marathon recap street 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

after catalina marathon morning recap 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

iced coffee catalina marathon recap 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

Peeked at the marathon results on the wall of one of the stores…

catalina marathon results and recap 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

leaving catalina island marathon recap 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

Finally it was time to say good-bye to Catalina Island and get on the boat back to Long Beach.

catalina express after catalina island marathon 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

see you later catalina 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

I needed donuts on the way home.

donuts after catalina island marathon 800x600 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

blueberry donut after marathon recap and results 600x800 thumb Catalina Marathon Recap Results Video and Tequila.

And all was right with the world.

Catalina Marathon Recap Video

Question: Cake Donuts or Yeast Donuts (the fluffy ones)?

I’m actually a glazed fluffy donut girl (and got one of those too!!) but I wanted to try that blueberry one and it was awesome.

Comments

I love a simple glazed yeast donut, but a good donut is a good donut. I’m not going to discriminate. Congrats on another marathon in the bag!

2. Shannon in Tustin says

Yes. I honestly prefer the raised (most any kind, especially jelly). But a few cake varietals grab me sometimes and just don’t let go!

Looks like a really great weekend. Congrats on a strong finish.

3. The Silent Assassin says

Oh Monica!!! Absolutely loved the video! “Yup, another hill”…lol. I could see there was a lot of walking on that beautiful beast. Was it your camera phone or another media device you used to record? I’ve ditched my phone on the arm during races (a while back) because it felt like it was weighing me down. But on many occasions I wish I had something to take pictures. Way to kill it. My hero!

I like blueberries and raisins and whatnot in a bagel but when it comes to donuts I just want something that reminds me of cake with either chocolate, sprinkles, or all of the above.

Arghhh!!! Such a hard decision. I love the cake donuts with chocolate frosting and peanuts sooo delicious!!! But a chocolate glazed is also just such a weakness!!!! I guess I just need multiple donuts and a HUGE coffee.

Also way to go on the Marathon!!!!

I’m doing a few half marathons this Summer but have never done a full. I’m skeered! You should do a post on that! Or maybe I should search before I make posting suggestions….oh well :)

Abrazos!

6. Sarah says

Cake donut all the way!!! As in I won’t even eat the Krispy Kremes. Not worth the calories, imo! hahaha!

And did you see there was a study done about the agavins in tequila? They are supposed to protect against obesity and diabetes! Hooray!

Nice video! Can’t wait to race you again next year. You came in 4th in your AG. Next year you’ll be on the podium!

8. Kelly M says

I loved the video!!! That made me excited to run my first marathon this year!! As for donuts…..all of the above.

Um, yeast donuts a million times over! I actually had a dream several years back that I knew I was going to die in an hour (morbid, I know) and I was in a shopping mall and was trying to make the most of my last hour on earth. What did I do? Why, what any normal person would do… I went to the food court’s donut place, bought a bunch of donuts, and started eating them. Totally bizarre dream and a disturbing window into my soul. Needless to say, I love donuts!

I totes want to visit Catalina, by the way. It kind of reminds me of Key West (except for the hills). Adding it to the list of races I want to do!

What an awesome recap. Loved the video. Now you make me REALLY want to do this race. how do you do your videos – iPhone? As for donuts, I am a big fan of the old fashioned cake ones. Or an apple fritter the size of my head but I am always sick after.

I’m not a huge donut fan but if I do eat one it needs to be cakey. This marathon and town look adorable! Also I am super impressed that you can drink adn stay up past 8pm after running a marathon.

12. Bobbie says

Thanks for the video Monica! I really enjoyed watching it! Wow! What beautiful scenery and seemed like such a relaxed atmosphere!