Race Discounts for Upcoming Races You Should Run With Me Because SoCal Rocks

Hola peeps. How’s it going?

Vegas and I are doing our thing…sipping iced coffee and whatnot.

image thumb23 Race Discounts for Upcoming Races You Should Run With Me Because SoCal Rocks

After that I went for a run because I need to stay in half marathon shape. There are A LOT of races coming up!!

Then, I refueled with eggs and Sriracha… boom. breakfast quesadilla 800x600 thumb1 Race Discounts for Upcoming Races You Should Run With Me Because SoCal Rocks

I also made an amazing Fudge Protein Muffin in the microwave. I randomly threw it together and it actually came out good! I was pretty excited about that. Recipe coming!

image thumb24 Race Discounts for Upcoming Races You Should Run With Me Because SoCal Rocks

Is anyone out there training for a half marathon? Other distance?? Tell me!

I’m pretty excited today and not just because of all that iced coffee I drank!! There are a ton of road races coming up around these parts and I have new race discount codes to share with you!!

I randomly stumbled upon this Avocado Half Marathon and knew just by the name that it was right for me. I can’t confirm there will be avocado at the finish line, but I will probably carb-load with chips and guacamole anyway. Potentially a margarita too…

image thumb25 Race Discounts for Upcoming Races You Should Run With Me Because SoCal Rocks

Avocado Half Marathon April 12

Fallbrook,CA

20% off with Discount code : AVORC20

The code is only good until the 31st so sign up now if that’s your jam.

IMAG6377 800x450 thumb Race Discounts for Upcoming Races You Should Run With Me Because SoCal Rocks

There is also a series of races north of Los Angeles that are awesome! I ran the Shoreline Half Marathon last year and that’s one of them. It was GORGEOUS. Here are the options:

Ojai Half Marathon April 27

Ojai, CA

Father’s Day 5k/10k June 15

Ventura, CA

Shoreline Half Marathon July 13

Ventura, CA

20% off those races with code: OLIVAS2014

Okay. Which ones can I put you down for?

Question: What are you training for? A race? Life? Pizza eating contest?

Comments

Sadly, I am injured so no running for a bit. but that means no more halfs until October because it’s just too hot to run them after April in Florida. Seems like there are a lot of half marathons in Cali in the summer. What is the average temp there in the summer and is it humid? I hate running here in July and August, it’s so hot and humid.

Now if only it were back to back half marathons. Avocado and then watermelon. You would be on cloud 9!!

My big race is the New Jersey marathon on April 27th.
    I’m doing the love run half in Philadelphia this Sunday.
    And I have the Brooklyn half on 5/17.

My cat used to like salad dressing. He would lick it off my salad if I didn’t pay attention. Lol

3. Paula says

I’m training for the Historic Half marathon in Fredricksburg, VA in May. It was my first half three years ago, and now I’m trying to hit a 1:40. But it’s difficult to train for a hilly course when you live in a very flat place. Treadmill city, womp womp.

Currently training for the Whidbey Island half in a few weeks, then marathon relay leg in May and a trail 10K in June. After that I buckle down and start training for a big 1/2 PR attempt the first week in August. I have a back up half the middle of Sep just in case it’s blazing hot here in Aug (it wasn’t last year, so I’m hopeful because I LOVE the course and feel like it’s a good PR course for me!).

I used to train for life, until I got a bit addicted to racing and now I train for races. Yep, races won over life. Smart.
    How weird it would be to not have avocado at the Avocado Half Marathon.. that wouldn’t make any sense.

I just raced a half and now I’m training for a 10k — but not just any 10k! I signed up for the Bolder Boulder which is arguably the best managed 10k in the US (seriously, it’s so great) but it’s also at 6000 feet… so altitude is a thing. Lots of hill and interval training in my future!

8. april says

i’m not training for anything at the moment, but i love the idea of an avocado half marathon. that’s even better than a watermelon half marathon ;)

Gah! I totally want to do one of these (the Fallbrook one would be close! also I wish there were avocados involved). I’m itching to do a half marathon, but don’t think I’m ready yet. Or maybe I’m just scared?

I’ve got a busy few months – 1/2 in 2 weeks, 10 miler the week after, and then my first triathlon of the year the first week in May. :) Avocado half marathon sounds awesome, I would DEFINITELY be expecting chips and guac at the end.

11. Anne says

I am training for my first 10k! I keep running into snags because my calves just KEEP CRAMPING… everytime I try to increase my mileage and it blows- guess I need to eat more bananas!

• Emily Duhrkoop says

Make sure to start every run with some walking or slow jogging! Every time I start out too fast, my calves cramp up. It took me awhile to figure this out but now starting slow really helps. Good luck with the 10k! It’s such a great feeling to run further than ever before!

12. The Silent Assassin says

Well, if I knew then what I know now =). I’m already registered for the OC Half, I used your RnR San Diego discount (muchos grassy ass), and I’m heading up north to run the SF Half in July. If you have one for the LB Half to complete the Beach Cities challenge, I’ll take it! You won’t find any long distances in AZ during the summer, so I’m having to take my talents to the left coast this year. And that, I don’t mind…so excited for all the mini vacays.

I just started to train for a 10k that I have in a few weeks…. Hopefully it gets a bit warmer for that (I’m in MI), and then on June 1st I have my 2nd ever half marathon that I need to train for. The 1st one went horribly…so I’m hoping for a better outcome for this one! :)

14. Denise G. says

I had a free entry to Ojai last year but didn’t make it up there-there was some tennis tournament and hotels were super pricey so the planning didn’t work out.

I just had a baby so I’ve only got 5k on my radar for now. A half is the farthest thing from my mind although seeing that Surf City 2015 registration is open makes the planning wheels start turning.

15. Denzil Jennings says

Signed up for my first half marathon. I’m running the Beat the Blerch race in Washington State! I’m looking forward to the training leading up to September. My only other race is a 5k a month back. I’m going to run another, and then a 10k by June. Hopefully I stay injury free!

16. Erin W says

I’ve never commented before cuz I just started reading (I was loyal to SR until she quit the internets, so I had to find other ways to stalk her, haha). Your blog is great though, so I’m happy to be here now! I’m running the Geist Half Marathon near Indianapolis, IN in May! I haven’t run a half in 3 years, so I’m a little nervous. But I’ve been training like a beast, so I think I’ll rock it. I’m also doing my first Olympic tri on June 1st and another one on August 24th. I think that’s all the big racing I’m going to do this year though besides little trail races with my local running club.

17. Karin M. says

I am training for the Lake Placid half in June. Work schedule and stress this time of year and a back injury have hindered it a bit. But the room and race are non-refundable so I am confident I will get back on track! It will be my first half so I am excited!

18. Melissa says

I’m currently training for the Disneyland Half that is in August, but Im also doing a race a month this year, every month except July(I might run one if I can find one that works around my work/vacation schedule)

Im running my first race ever this saturday its a 5k at the zoo in my town, Im super excited! I got a zebra print running tank top and a purple sparkle skirt from sparkle athletic!!

Then Im doing:

April: The Color Run(5k)

May: The Color up RUn(5k)

June: A local 10K

August: DL Half

Sept: Neon Run(5k)

Oct: still trying to find one

Nov: a local Turkey Trot

Dec: Metro PCS Dallas half marathon!!

I just started running in December and have fallen completely in LOVE with the sport!! Running is definitely my happy place!~

19. Melissa says

Im training for the Long Island Half in May. This is my second half ever and my only goal is do better that the last one!

20. Stephanie says

I am currently training for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in May. It will be my second half marathon of 2014, and I’m very excited!!

21. Torrey says

Did my first half this month (SD Half Marathon on March 9) and am now training for my second (SD Rock n Roll Half- June 1)! Finished the first one, and this time I’m training with the goal of improving my time. Goal is under 2 hours- very excited! :)

I am 20 Wks pregnant with #3 so my max right now is an hour of running. I’m on day 54 of a running streak though. Mentally, I’m training for labor and to bounce back for Spring Marathon training 2015. To keep me interested, I’m eyeing some 5ks. SoCal has some awesome sounding races. This winter has been a bear for the south east!

I’m training for a half marathon in Napa in June!! This Michigan girl can’t wait to be on the west coast. Plus you get wine after :) hopefully they have it at the aid stations too so I can stay hydrated lol

24. Stacie says

I’m training for the Nike Women’s Half in DC at the end of April. It’s my first half and its a huge adjustment going from working out to stay in shape to working out/training for a half marathon!

25. Wyndi says

Holywood Half next weekend baby!!!
    Laguna Hills Memorial Day Half
    Peace Love and Run (San Diego) 5k
    Disneyland
    then start training for the big one…Disney World Marathon 2015! EEK!!!

26. ChristineB says

I’m training for my very first half marathon in mid June. That’s assuming that winter is finally over by then. Here’s hoping I can get my knees to co-operate.

27. Rob Runs says

I’m always “training” for something, by which I mean I’m always registered for a ton of races and cramming in miles last minute. Next week I’m registering for the Philly marathon so there goes my whole summer!

28. Megan Ayala says

Do you happen to have a discount for America’s Finest in san diego????

I am training for the Napa Zooma(10K). Hoping for a 1/2 in august.

I’m training for the Brooklyn Half in May!!! Super excited! I just did the She is Beautiful 10k in Santa Cruz this weekend. That was so fun. There’s one in SB in the Fall, you should totally run that!

I would love to head down and do an Avocado half but saving all my pennies for Brooklyn. Next year there’s a Napa half marathon that I’d really like to do.
    Besos!

If only I was in running shape, I would totally do the Avocado half in Fallbrook! I have family there (yay host housing!) and it’s such a beautiful area!

31. Kim says

Training for the half at the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. Only five weeks to go… really wanting to tame this race. It gets the best of me every year!

I’m so jealous of all the races you get to have in California ALL THE TIME! But this Midwestern girl gets them in when she can. I have a half this Saturday; the Southern Illinois Spring Classic (we’ll see about the “Spring” portion!). And then next weekend I have my very first back-to-back half marathons. The one on Saturday (in Indiana) will be hilly but the one on Sunday (in Ohio) should be flat. I’m nervous and excited at the same time for this new challenge!

Thank you so much for the discount codes, that’s awesome! Do you ever end up running in northern CA? I’ll be doing Napa to Sonoma this year and would love to hear from someone else who has run that one. I’m also looking for another half to do in the fall, any good suggestions? :)

34. Honore MacCoy-Patty says

Just ran my second half last weekend and though my time wasn’t great (pretty hilly) I feel great, so that’s a big win! Training now for half’s 3-5. RnR Portland May 18, Dirty Half in Bend Oregon (trail, elevation and BIG ass “hill”) with family June 8, then RnR Seattle June 21. And doing Run Like a Mother 5k on Mother’s Day with my daughter (who gets a free reg fornplacing 3rd last yr in her age group!). I’d love to run a race in California, just might not be until winter or next year.

so jealous of you and your Cali races, but thankful it should hopefully be warming up here in NYC soon! my next race is the Brooklyn Half in May, which is a really great race. i can’t wait til it’s warm enough to drink iced coffee again here.

36. Tahleen says

I just got back from California (first time there!) and I already miss it! I wish I were around to run one or a couple of these races. Right now I’m not really training for anything in particular, but I’d like to run another half marathon sometime this spring. Maybe a full marathon sometime??

37. Annemarie/Carmie says

I have my second half marathon ever one week from tomorrow. My longest run was supposed to be last weekend (14). Due to silly circumstances, I only did 10 on Saturday, followed by 4 on Sunday. I wonder if that counts for 14? Time will tell!

38. Jenn says

LOVE your blog!! So I am training for my 1st 1/2– San Diego rock-n-roll on June 1st. Excited but very intimidating! So I have a question for you. I am also going to do more later in the year: Disneyland 1/2 in August, Arizona Halloween one in Oct, and Disney Princess after the first of the year. What kind of training do you do to maintain between 1/2′s? I am going to do some between but mostly 5 & 10k’s. I first started running just over a year ago. I started running with the couch to 5k app. Believe it or not running that 60 second interval at first was hard. Now I cannot believe that I will be running a 1/2! I have never been an active person. I love running and especially love the fun of races!

39. Allison T. says

I’m doing a Marathon relay in May and just signed up for my 3rd half for September. Not officially “training” yet, but it’s (finally) starting to warm up in Michigan, so I’m excited to run outside again.

40. Lynnae says

Are you doing to the R&R San Diego this year? I’m coming from AZ to do the full- it will be my second one this year and ever! Love your blog- it’s inspiring! :)