RunEatRepeat Tattoo

Hello! I’m happily back to running again today. I didn’t really feel like I needed needed yesterday as a rest day, but I’ve felt sluggish and tired overall lately and thought an extra day would be good for me.

running in pink shoes 376x502 thumb1 RunEatRepeat Tattoo

I’ve talked about getting a running related tattoo for a long time now. I already have one random tattoo that I got in college. It’s a flame on my hip that I really have no explanation for, but don’t regret either wlEmoticon smile11 RunEatRepeat Tattoo.

no regrets thumb RunEatRepeat Tattoo

Hey, I don’t remember much from college but I do have that tattoo as a memory…

oh college thumb RunEatRepeat Tattoo

Anyway.

I have wanted a running tattoo for a long time now, but kind of thought I’d get it after a BIG running milestone. I thought maybe after, God willing I BQ I’d go for it. But, I’m not really training for that right now and I mean – I ran over 26 races last year – isn’t that a big enough milestone?!

AND the more I think about it, the more I realized RunEatRepeat is my life. I mean, it’s my favorite thing to do, it’s my JOB, it’s really changed me and my life path.

run eat repeat logo pink and green thumb RunEatRepeat Tattoo

So, I went into a tattoo parlor with my RER business cards and asked if they could give me a RunEatRepeat tattoo.

getting a running tattoo 800x600 thumb RunEatRepeat Tattoo

I figured they’d need some time to sketch it and I’d make an appointment to come back another day – but they were pretty empty on Sunday and the guy said he could take me right then!

Crap. Ish just got real.

runeatrepeat tattoo 800x600 thumb RunEatRepeat Tattoo

The logo itself is kinda simple so it wasn’t hard for them to recreate. It’s still healing so I’ll show you as soon as it’s not gross.

getting a runeatrepeat tattoo 800x600 thumb RunEatRepeat Tattoo

Question: Do you have a tattoo? A running tattoo?

Comments

Can’t wait for the big reveal!!! I have one tattoo. I got it after my husband died. It’s on my lower back and its a desert rose with the melanoma awareness ribbon tied around it. He died from melanoma and we were married in the Nevada desert and during the ceremony the rev spoke of the strength of the rose being able to live in harsh desert conditions.

I love it. Since 2011 when I ran my first full I have wanted to add something rubbish related to it but couldn’t figure anything out. I think I might have my NYC marathon medal draped around the tattoo as an addition rather than a separate one.

2. Sarah says

Can’t wait to see it! I don’t have a running tattoo, but I do have the comedy/tragedy masks on my inner left ankle. :)

I have one tattoo on my lower back. It’s something that I drew and I love it but I wish I would have put it on my upper back.

So does yours really say runeatrepeat or is it an awesome April Fools day joke?

True Story – Many years ago on March 31st, my father dropped a heavy engine on his foot and lost part of a toe. When I went to school the next day and told my friends my dad cut off half his toe, no one believed me because it was April Fools day.

hmmm could def be an AF’s prank…but either way, i’ve been dancing around a few tatt ideas for a while now and am hoping to get one in the next week or two. :)

5. Shannon B. says

I’ve been wanting a tattoo for awhile, but not until I really see something that has meaning for me. Finally one day on pintrest I saw a tattoo of thumbprints in the shape of a heart…ding ding ding!! My son’s thumb prints it is!!! Now I just have to get up the nerve to get it done! :)

6. Paola says

Love tattoos! I have a little ‘coquí’ tattoo on the back of my neck. It’s a symbol for a tree frog native to Puerto Rico, where I’m from. I really want to get a small anchor on the inside of my wrist, but I need to do some inception on my husband for it to be OK….

SO EXCITING! I can’t wait to see it! I have two – both are music related because that’s a HUGE part of my life (and my career). I have two more planned out, neither of which are running related…maybe I need a third. ;)

8. Cindy says

Have a horseshoe with 4 leaf clover inside it on my anke. Want a running related tatoo someday. Can’t wait to see yours.

9. Shannon says

I have the Mohegan Sun (my Native American tribe – hey tribal tattoo!) on the inside of my ankle.

My running tattoo will have something to do with this year’s Boston Marathon, my first marathon! I was at last year’s marathon which inspired me to run this year so I’m either going to get my time tattoo-ed or a simple Boston 26.2.

10. Nicole says

I smell april fools, but I do have two tattoos. One on my left shoulder and another on my ribs. After the ribs, I don’t think I could handle another. It was pretty painful!!

11. Jeanne T says

Yes, I have a tattoo of a turtle crossing a 26.2 finish line, with the Epcot Ball in the background. When I turned 40, I ran my first marathon, at Disney, and commemorated the occasion with my first tattoo :-)

12. The Silent Assassin says

I hope it’s not an April Fools =). I have a running tattoo on my right arm. It’s a tat of a turtle with the chinese symbol for power on its shell. I’m not the fastest across the finish line, but like the turtle, he eventually gets there.

I have one tattoo. Kind of. I have 12 stars that start on my right hip bone and swirl all the way up to just under my left boob. I also don’t have any real explanation for why I got what I did other than I was 17 and wanted a tattoo and figured go big, right?

I’ll be getting the m-dot tattoo after I complete my first Ironman. It’ll be my last tattoo because as far as I’m concerned it doesn’t get much more badass and awesome than that.

My husband got a tattoo (that he helped design) after he completed his first Ironman triathlon. I don’t have any yet but am thinking of getting one after I complete a half marathon in every state. It’s gonna be awhile…only 17 states done.

I have 26.2 (in Roman numerals) on my foot and I’m about to get an m-dot tattoo for Ironman!! Can’t wait to see yours!! :)

Love it! You totally beat me to this idea :) A couple weeks ago I had my husband draw up a tattoo that is running related. As soon as he settles on a design for himself, we are going to get inked together! Both will be running related, of course!

17. Rhonda Dumas says

I actually got my first running tattoo yesterday!! The Disney Princess Half was my first half marathon last year, so i went and got a minnie mouse head with 13.1 in the middle. So cute. Can’t wait to see yours

aw congrats on the new tattoo! I have 5 tattoos now and hope to get a running related one once I complete my first marathon. Can’t wait to see the finished product. I have a butterfly that I got when I was 16 that much like your flames represent more of a period in time than anything else and even tho it’s cheesy I love it.

Aw man- impulse tattoos are the BEST tattoos. I actually GOT a tattoo on April fool’s day once. It’s an inner lip tattoo that says “thank you.” I got it as a joke, the timing of the day was a coincidence. I have six tattoos: some mountains, a dinosaur, a star, a DNA, “thank you,” and a Canadian maple leaf (I am NOT Canadian, but I wish I was).

Most of my tattoos are silly, but they make me smile.

20. Shannon in Tustin says

I do smell a little April Fools going on here, but I did see that on Insta the other day. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I am terrified of tattoos so none for me. Needles, ink, in my skin? No thanks. But I donate blood regularly so go figure…
    Plus, I cannot think of a single thing that I’d like to see inked on my skin for the rest of my born days…

Wasn’t your April Fools last year the Sriaccha (sp?) diet post? That was so so so funny! Everyone got all up in your business about it–chill people!

Happy Tuesday, Monican!

21. Kathy R says

I also say April Fool’s. From the size of that bandage, I can’t imagine you’d really get a tattoo on your arm that big.

I’ve never gotten any. Never really saw the the allure in them. Since they are permanent it’s sorta like a sweater you can never take off. I would be more apt to go for a henna tattoo where you can wear something for awhile and then re do it or change to something else.

I’m calling BS!, at least on the tat style.
    I am getting a running one on my foot to commemorate my first marathon. I’m still deciding on what exactly I want.

All of my friends have the M-dot tattoo. I think it’s super cool to get some brand’s name or logo tattooed, so I thought I’d go with something unique but recognizable and got a couple golden arches on the back of each hand and “McDonalds!” across my knuckles.

Because everyone knows how cools it is to have a brand stamped on you permanently…

I think you gave away your own April Fool’s Day trick! I saw this post and then I saw your video from yesterday on my Instagram. You showed how to scoop out an avocado with chips – and you didn’t have your bandage on or a tattoo on your arm, even though you said you got your tattoo on Sunday! ;)

That video was from Saturday – I stopped by my mom’s on the way home from the Strawberry Farm :) That’s why I’m wearing the same thing as the farm trip.

I don’t have a tattoo but much like yourself my sister said she might consider one if she ever ran a major race like Boston ( and getting the logo tattoo or something). Well, she already ran Boston and still didn’t get the tattoo. I doubt she ever will. Can’t wait to see what yours looks like!

26. Stacy says

I call April fools!! After you tricked me last year with the sirracha I will never forgive you!! Hehe But seriously I believed the sirracha joke so much last year that I even told people that is how you lost weight and I wanted to try it!!! :)