Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

Hello!

Just a head’s up to anyone who didn’t watch yesterday’s Ask a Monican yet – I make a random lil admission around 4:12 about how I was delirious in my last video wlEmoticon smile1 Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

Oh. And you can’t see it, but I’m wearing my Extra Sharp (cheese) Cabot Tee that I found in the depths of my drawers.

extra sharp cabot tee 450x800 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

So, last night I posted this very sad picture on Instagram – my Sriracha bottle is empty.

sriracha rip 600x800 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!

crying thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

But, I want to reassure you I will not live without Sriracha and I had another one (or two) in my cupboard. But, thanks for the concern wlEmoticon winkingsmile Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

sriracha i love you 600x800 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

Yesterday I also hit up Costco for the usual food staples and spent some time with my favorite section – the watermelon bins! Seriously, this made me smile. Please don’t judge. watermelon for life 800x600 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

Hey, I said don’t judge me!

dont judge me redhead thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

This morning I took a walk and did some strength work. It was cold (to me) so I felt the need to bundle up like a crazy.

bundle up socal 450x800 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

Again, don’t worry about me though… the palm trees are surviving this 58 degree weather, I’m sure I will too.

morning walk 600x800 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

I am currently obsessed with Chia Protein Pudding. I made my easy 3 ingredient Chia Pudding but pumped it up for a snack earlier this week. And last night I made a strawberry version with almonds!

strawberry chia pudding 600x800 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

And now I am drinking iced coffee and slowly updating all my posts.

This is why I hate myself – I’m working on the RER redesign to make things easier for you to find everything. But I have never really categorized or organized my posts because I am super random (in life and work and everything). My random-red-headedness has never been a problem until now. I have to go back and update the categories on each post one by one. That is over 4,000 posts! Crap.

iced coffee in my strawberry cup 600x800 thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

And my intern is too busy sleeping in the closet to help.

image thumb Why I Hate Myself for my #BloggerFail

Question: Why do you LOVE yourself today?

Name something – In the comments or in your head. Let’s keep up the positive thinking!!

Comments

1. Paola A says

Cause I don’t care about my horrible singing voice, I still sing at the top of my lungs when I’m in the car. Makes me happy!

I would fire that intern!
    One thing I love about myself today, is that when I really want something (attainable) no matter how big or small, I don’t stop until I get it.

i don’t know what the #bloggerfail was unless it’s the intern sleeping on the (clean towels) job again….

I love myself today because i am off from work and being productive! I paid bills, changed the sheets on my bed (and made it too!) and took the dog for a nice walk because it’s actually warmer here today in NYC than by you for once.

And I’m running 8 miles this evening to the mechanic to pick up my car when they tell me it’s all fixed!

It’s a good day…

I listened to my body when my foot really hurt and stopped running for a few days so it would heal. Usually I would have stuck to my marathon training schedule NO MATTER WHAT, but I can proudly say I rested when necessary and that is huge for me!

I’m the same way with blogging, so disorganized! I know it will bite me in the butt one day.
    I too was excited by those watermelon bins at costco the other day but then I bought a mini watermelon. Don’t know what I was thinking because after 2 days it’s gone! Ugh.

Crazy kitty! I’m loving myself today for making the commitment to become a more organized, healthy and fit individual! This week has felt like a total rebirth for me and I’m so in love with it! Let’s hope I can keep it up!

7. Natalie In the uk says

Ive lost 3 lb so far this week and done loads of exercise. Zumba , cycling ,pilates and a lotof running. Feeling amazing.

I don’t know if it falls under “what I love about myself” but I love that I got to spend a little time with my brother this afternoon. We live in different cities – an hour apart – and he has an odd work schedule so we don’t get to see each other that often and get caught up.

9. Shannon in Tustin says

Love that I manage to keep our very busy family of four moving forward, fed with healthy food that I make, and wearing clean clothes! It’s no small task and leaves me exhausted. But it works. :)

I love how when I make planned, announced, scheduled goals I pretty much forget about them right away. But when I decide on a whim, “I’m going to run a marathon!” Or “I’m giving up alcohol!” It just happens and I have no problem doing it. Weird.

I think I must have done chia pudding wrong when I made it, as I really wasnt keen, but hearing so much good about it!

I love that I care. I know I am good at making people feel special, and they are. I love celebrating the individual traits that make someone into the person they are. I like that I am good at appreciating that :)

12. The Silent Assassin says

People say I lift people up, not put them down. I’m proud of that. And btw, I don’t know all the blogger etiquette stuff, and I don’t know how many people caught the #bloggerfail. And I don’t think there’s any blogger police. But, the reason I love reading your blog and following you is because you’re FUNNY, you’re REAL, and most of all, you’re GENUINE, so GENUINE (among other amazeball things). So, there don’t Hate yourself! =)

Thanks for encouraging all of us out here in internet land to focus on what we love about ourselves this week! It’s so easy to tear yourself down, I really appreciate the reminder to build ourselves up.

Today I love myself for swapping out a junk mile-y run for a totally delightful swim. My ankle’s been feeling funny this week, and I’m right in the middle of peak marathon training. I’m usually one to overtrain and injure myself, but I’m learning to train smarter.

14. Alison says

I love myself today because when I left for my run this morning, it was slightly snowing but I went anyway. Despite feeling lied to by weather.com, which said it was only cloudy, and really wanting to go crawl back in bed. But I was up, dressed, and outside already so I went and had a good run!

I started categorizing too! It’s such a pain! But, damn it, I know it’s helpful. What a tedious process.

I love myself today, because I woke up early and am being productive! :)