Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

Happy Friday!

Although I was super tired yesterday I’m glad this week has helped get me back to waking up early. It’s good for me to get up and going since I have a lot of stuff going on lately. It’s just that first week that’s kinda rough.

early morning wake up call 450x800 thumb Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

Speaking of yesterday… I had a baking success and made blueberry bars. But the best part was combing a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and jam to make frosting. Yes.

strawberry and lauging cow cheese 800x600 thumb Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

This morning I ran and had some eggs for breakfast.

You know, the usual…

i had eggs for breakfast cadbury eggs thumb Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

(Rebelfit.co.uk)

Since you know I play favorites here is my list for this week…

favorites thumb Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

Fun Friday Favorites…

1. The best hangover cures from bartenders.

tired of hungover mornings Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

2. Guys and Girls Surveyed on the Ideal Body – spoiler: Guys like curves. Girls picked skinnier bodies.

i love to see everyones booty thumb Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

3. Hummus.

carrots hummus spoon thumb Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

4. This shirt from Zazzle that The Bloggess linked to (not sure why since I’m super behind on reading blogs, just randomly stumbled on it) this week.

image thumb5 Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

5. My new Mizunos – these are lighter than the ones I’ve been wearing so I think I’ll keep them for shorter distances but I dig the retro kinda look with glittery laces.

new mixuno running shoes 600x800 thumb Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

And then I realized I titled this picture Mixuno. I really am tired! Ha!!

youmakemetired Friday Favorites–Watermelon is the Secret Code Word

Question: What’s your favorite thing from this week?

Comments

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked
    submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.
    Anyways, just wanted to say great blog!

Hmmm, so many faves. <3 That blueberry looks fantastic!

Believe it or not, a track workout was favorite thing this week. I haven't run at a track since I moved here last May! It was awesome to run the lines, look forward to the finish, and not throw up. :D

Love watermelon and I referenced you on my blog yesterday because I have been eating watermelon daily since I have a long run tomorrow and I know you say it is good for recovery.

Looking forward to running 12 miles tomorrow, longest distance yet.

haha totally dig that “oh you mean hummus spoon” image. so true. :) my fave thing from this week (food-wise) was an iced americano yesterday! fave non-edible occurrence was that i had two great outdoor runs with faster splits than usual. woohoo.

Hey Monica!

My favorite thing this week is that spring break starts today at 3:) And speaking of spring break, I am visiting LA for the first time next week! Any running tips/trails while staying in the city and, more importantly, tips on what I should see while I’m there?!

I feel like Lock Laces would hurt the top of my foot. I think I tried these other stretchy laces when I was a kid and didn’t like em. I don’t know, maybe…

6. The Silent Assassin says

The favorite thing happened just this morning. Better late than never, right? Or is it sad that it took until Friday for something to come along =). My whole foods makes quinoa pancakes for bfast. Not to go all church in this response, but no meat today. Quinoa cakes, some almond slivers, chocolate candied pecans and some organic grade B syrup…well that’s hard to beat. Did I mention chocolate candied pecans?! Have a kick ass weekend chica!

I love those shoes! I’m in the process of admitting I may need new running shoes (loyal to a fault) and I’ve been trying out Mizunos, I really like them!!

Those blueberry bars look amazing! My favorite thing this week was making brownies (mostly eating all the batter and frosting).

Love that link to the ideal bodies! My husband and I talk about this all the time. For example, for those of you who watch The Vikings, he can’t understand what Ragnar sees in Princess Aslaug. He much prefers the look of Lagertha, which I honestly can’t complain about since I look closer to her than the princess!

My favorite thing this week – a beautiful trail run in SHORTs 70F and sunny. And also fresh pineapple – I got some at the store last weekend and haven been snacking on it all week.

10. Molly says

My favorite thing this week is learning I could make an egg salad sandwich with avocado instead of mayo. Delicious!