How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

(Check out the bottom of the post for how to wash compression socks.)

Hello! I had a good Saturday! Did you?

saturday fun runeatrepeat blog 450x800 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

It was fun while it lasted, but I’m tired today.

blog on saturday 800x450 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

And I’m pretty excited that Vegas figured out how to look at the camera! Caterday selfie!!

laying down with my cat vegas 450x800 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

Sunday Set Up

The weekend is almost over. Now it’s time to prep for a good, healthy week!

sunday set up plan thumb1 How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

I woke up way too early (my body clock is the worst) and decided to just start the day. I was on a roll this morning! I washed clothes, took a walk, grabbed iced coffee and went to church. All before noon. Boom.

sunday set up 800x600 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up sunday tradition coffee 600x800 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up sunday breakfast 600x800 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

Have you tried these new Dole Banana Dippers yet? I actually had them at my mom’s last week and LOVED them. They are delicious and portioned controlled – each package has four pieces of chocolate covered banana. They are 100 calories each so you can eat two packages and not feel bad like I did.

dole banana dippers 800x600 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up dole banana chocolate dip 600x800 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

Since I was there I figured lunch at Costco was in order. You know it’s all about a healthy balance of pizza and anti-oxidants.

lunch at costco 600x800 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

You don’t know how excited I am about this tequila boot!!! I am obsessed with finding place that sells boots to drink out of in Vegas because one time we got one.

image thumb27 How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

Oh. Back to set up…

Now I’m cooking up some food in the crockpot for some meal prep…

sunday set up crock pot 800x600 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

How To Wash Compression Socks

I often get asked “How are you supposed to wash / take care of compression socks?” since I’m a big proponent of Procompression socks.

I wash them with my other running clothes and then lay them out or hang them to dry. Nothing really special. Sometimes I forget and just dry them and the sky hasn’t fallen yet. But, I think they’ll last longer if you are more careful than I am.

how to wash compression socks 800x600 thumb How To Wash Compression Socks and Sunday Set Up

Question: Have you planned out your week yet? Meals? Exercise? Other??

Show me your Sunday Set Up!

Comments

Yeah my week is planned except for food but as you know I eat whatever I want. I haven’t commented in a long time but I have been wanting to tell you how great the new RER layout is. I love the clean look and the print is large enough that I don’t have to squint. When are we running together again?

I just posted my meal plan on my blog! http://runningoutofwine.com
    It can be a lot of work to get it all set up ahead of time, but its worth it when you don’t have to worry about it during the week!
    I usually hang dry my compression socks too, but I have an older pair that I used to put in the dryer, and they have little holes in them (but I still wear them, I’m just more careful now).

My prep for the week has failed miserably this weekend, but I have a really good excuse! My boyfriend has been out of town for work for the last two months and was home just for the weekend. I’m going to play catch up tomorrow after work. In theory…

4. Kelly M says

I never plan meals. I’ve tried that sh*t but it’s just too exhausting. Now I just get hungry and go find something to eat.

5. Charlotte says

I always prep and plan on Sunday. Spin, jogging, weight lifting all on the agenda for the week. What’s in the crock pot??

I’m enjoying your blog. Trying to make mine more of a job than a hobby. Check it out if you have time. Would love any advice you have to get it to start generating an income. I know I’m on the right path, just not sure if blogspot is the right way to go. I see you’ve been at it for awhile, so I’m open for advice! Thanks!
    Lacysfitnessblog.blogspot.com

I LOVE Costco, but rarely make it in there. I’ll make that a May goal. :)

My Sunday set-up is planning my runs/yoga sessions, grocery shopping, planning my meals (to a degree; I tend to eat the same thing all week for each meal), and doing condo-cleaning chores. I’m skipping vacuuming today. No one will notice, right?

I love those little banana dippers! Whole Foods has full or half-banana ones that are tasty, too.

I did my long run this morning and then cleaned my house. But I managed to make some banana-cranberry-chocolate chip granola bars for snacks during the week.

I’m in the first few weeks of a year travelling round the world, so my Sunday set-up is all about working out where I’m going next and where I’m going to sleep! But I am making sure to schedule three workouts a week in, so I did that too.

10. Denise says

I have not totally planned out my week except I’m getting my hair cut on Wednesday ANNNNNNNND, news flash, hot and sunny in Seattle Tues afternoon-Thursday. Which means I may have to just sit out in my backyard and soak up 3 days worth of sunshine before it rains for the weekend.

It’s always the standard fare (food and exercise-wise) for me during workdays (yeah I’m boring!) but it saves me the time and brain juice cracking what to shop etc. :) Good news – we’ve Thursday off, so that’ll be something different.

I really do need to get compression socks STAT. As for my set-up, all I have is my running plan! (Which Hal actually did but let’s pretend it was all me). I woke up super early today too (5:30am!) and am somehow being magically productive. Have a great week! :)

I’m a huge fan of those Dole dippers. There’s also a company called Banana Babies that makes chocolate covered bananas (coated with nuts) on a stick. They sell them in the ice cream section of the grocery store. Just don’t laugh because they look a bit phalyic lol!

My sister in law gave me a ton of food last night so i’m set for meals for most of the week. Easiest meal prep ever. =)

14. Tara says

Love Sunday prep day. I sometimes feel bad bc its a day I could spend playing with my friends/family, but it really makes my week so much easier (esp when I have an hour commute to/from work).
    Sunday I workout (either spin or get a run in) then food shop, home and prep.
    This week I have Chicken Salsa w/brown rice. Just place chicken breasts in crock w/1 jar salsa and 1 can black beans on low for 8 hrs. Shred chicken and serve over brown rice, side of veggies. Soo good! (can also use during the week in quesadillas/tacos/burritos)
    Weekly workout is spin/weights/ and last long run before our half in 2 weeks!

Remember no fabric softener. It clogs the pores of the breatheable fabric. Otherwise, smart! I hang nearly everything. My poor husband is scared to do laundry. He just washes everything and then tells me it’s on me. SO funny.

I wash and dry EVERYTHING. If it can’t be dried, I don’t buy it. The ONE exception is my current-year cycling kit (uniform). The chamois has too short a life as it is, and I can’t shorten it any or I will die during every.single.ride, long or short. The worst!

Planned it out the best I can…..our new-to-us car we’ve owned for all of a week died today so we’re back to one car (the beast, Nissan NV)….just shows us, again, that we can plan stuff out but God’s got other plans!

18. Tahleen says

I’ve wondered about the compression socks, but I usually just wash them in cold and dry them on low. They seem to be fine. As a side note, how do you know what size you are supposed to be? I’ve been getting the small and they aren’t super tight–I have room in the toes. I’m right in between sizes, but I don’t want them to be too tight to be comfortable.

Love the new layout of your blog/website! It’s refreshing and clean. I try not to plan out my food for the week, because I never know what I’m going to feel like, but I always plan out my workouts, and create a “to do list” for things that need to get done that week. :) I also just wash my compression socks normal, but I also dry them on “air fluff”, I’m too lazy to wait for them to dry outside. haha