Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

This morning I got in a good run despite the HEAT and Santa Ana winds. They are no joke today!! I can still hear the wind swishing through the trees outside right now.

image thumb30 Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

I used Vega Sport Sustain mid-run for some help. Digging it so far!

vega sport during run 800x600 thumb Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

It’s going to stay hot through the weekend. I don’t mind the heat, but I’m running a local marathon and will be keeping that in mind as I prep for the race.

image thumb31 Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

Also – I decided to order a replacement Garmin and was hoping it would get here before the race. I mostly need it to pace myself in the beginning since I suck at that. But, it went MIA and they need to get me another one. So, now it won’t come until next week.

Oddly, I don’t care. I can’t decide if this is a good thing or bad thing but I just am like ‘whatever’ about it. Maybe I’m becoming more chill. Or maybe my brain isn’t working right. Either way… I don’t care.

i dont care thumb Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights i dont care about this thumb Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

Orrrrr maybe my life is so full of running and watermelon that I’m righty tighty.

image thumb32 Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

Okay. Today is the last day of April so let’s talk highlights from the month. Here are my favorite Run, Eat and post Repeat…

April Favorite Run Eat and Repeat

Favorite RUN:

The Avocado Half Marathon

I only did one race this month and I can only remember one thing from that day – I LOST MY KEY. But, then I found it. So it was okay and now it’s my fave run of the month.

avocado half marathon medal ribbon 800x600 thumb1 Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

Favorite EAT:

The Easter Feast – featuring my watermelon basket and bunny cake!

happy easter from your runeatrepeat monican watermelon easter basket 800x600 thumb1 Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

Runner up: Skinny Rocky Road Soft Serve at home.

Favorite post I’d like to REPEAT:

Mother’s Day Gift Guide

Best Mothers Day Gifts for Fitness moms 800x800 thumb Running a Marathon Without a Watch and April Highlights

Question: What was the best thing you eat or did this month?

Comments

1. Shannon in Tustin says

Took the whole family on a vacation to Disney World! Their first visit ever and our first family vacation in over 10 years. Memories upon memories! So fun; I’ve got a total vacation hangover/withdrawal/blues….

2. april says

looks like you had a great month!

the best thing i did this month was celebrate my birthday (on the 5th). :)

Sunday was the best eat and the best thing! I ran the nj marathon and set a new PR by almost 10 min and had a Haagen Dazs vanilla chip dazzler that evening that was perfection. It had crushed up cookies and hot fudge and whipped cream and sprinkles too. I feel like I already mentioned this so apologies but I don’t know what was more memorable the ice cream or the pr lol

The Avocado Half Marathon sounds right up my alley! Awesome medal too! My April highlight would have to being able to run with my dad around the sights in DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival (he and my mom live in Dallas, I live in Philadelphia).

The best thing I did this month was spend a wonderfully lazy weekend with my boyfriend. He’s been out of town for work for the last two months and he’s off again for another few weeks.

Best thing I ate? Lots of Easter candy!

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
    I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do
    with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know.
    The design look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon.
    Thanks

7. Sarah G says

By far my favorite thing was running 10.6miler at the Big Sur International Marathon. so beautiful, so fun, so well organized. Its a Runner’s World event so they had their people there – Bart Yasso – YES!! Boston to Big Sur runners were also around and were so gracious with their high 5′s and hugs when noticed. I will def. go back next year – already thinking of getting the girls together for the relay! On top of all this Carmel / Big Sur is so gorgeous. Highly recommend!!

8. Sandy says

I love your blog! Two best things were celebrating my son’s 7th birthday and finishing my second full marathon this past weekend in San Luis Obispo. Very scenic marathon but very hilly! Best thing I ate were some brown butter cookies from Paso Robles, plus Easter candy!

I love the new blog layout! So fresh and clean! The best thing I did in April… ran a strong hilly half and drank wine with girlfriends after, last weekend. The best thing I ate in April… would have to be the Umpqua salted peanut caramel ice cream I bought a few weeks ago. I must not buy it again, or I’d have to be running about twice as much. :)

Best thing I did this month was being there with a friend who was doing her first half marathon. I started before her but waited at the finish line until she was done. I made her a CONGRATS poster that was with me at the finish line (thanks to the help from her husband for that) and secretly had friends send me congrats cards to give to her after the race as well. I wanted her first half marathon to be very memorable. Although I didn’t have a good race that day, my day was made better by making hers extra special.

A great blog. For lovers of running who want to run in Europe, come to Valencia. The city is wonderfull and the food amazing!!!!!

loves your blog. the best thing i did in April was spending the time with my family in the easter holidays. we went to easter carnival and join the parade.