Going to Miami with my Favorite Make Up Essentials

I am going to Miami today! Last week I got an offer to go to Miami for a Nokia event and it just so happens Blogher Food is there this weekend and I’ll have friends in town too – so I couldn’t turn it down!

travel thumb Going to Miami with my Favorite Make Up Essentials

But, I am very sad that I’m missing a race I planned on doing. Seriously – you know you’re addicted to running when you consider turning down a trip to Florida to pay to RUN in 100 degree weather.

I had a bunch of errands to run and a project to finish before Friday so I’ve been a little MIA this week. I think I’m all set now though. Maybe.

I even made time to get my nails done. I was going between a few colors and this one won on the name.

kiss me im brazilian nail polish  thumb Going to Miami with my Favorite Make Up Essentials

My Make Up Must Haves

One of my errands included finally getting duplicates of my favorite make-up essentials for my purse. I always grab these things to throw in my purse when I leave the house so I’m hoping this will help prevent me from losing/forgetting them.

make up must haves 800x600 thumb Going to Miami with my Favorite Make Up Essentials

I got a second eyelash curler / stila liquid eyeliner / random concealer that is new / stila white liner / stila stingray liner and a new-to-me inner liner from tarte.

Now I’m packing it up!

packing for miami 800x600 thumb Going to Miami with my Favorite Make Up Essentials

The full scene:

cat time 600x800 thumb Going to Miami with my Favorite Make Up Essentials

In honor of Vegas, check out this Cat’s Reaction to a Dog Attacking a Boy…

And now I better wrap it up and head off to the airport! It’s a long way to Miami so I bought Gillian Flynn’s Dark Places to read on the plane. I’ve read Shattered Objects and Gone Girl already and loved them!

Question: If you could only use one piece of make-up what would it be?

Guys: Red Lipstick – LOVE it or HATE it?

Comments

1. Alison says

I could not live without mascara! I, too, am a redhead, and with my red eyelashes, I feel like a complete blank canvas without mascara.

I’m not a fan of red lipstick for myself, but I think some women can pull it off. Have fun in Miami!

So jelly you had time to get your nails done in that cute cute color! I have been really watching my spending, so that’s meant not as much money to do nails. ::sigh:: this being a grownup thing is really really annoying sometimes!

Liquid Eyeliner in Plum….it’s my favorite secret to accentuate my hazel eyes!

I’m only a fan of red lipstick if it’s more of a brick red (brownish red) I don’t look good in candy apple red and frankly wouldn’t want that much attention drawn to my lips.

safe travels. Miami won’t be much of an escape from the heat. Sorry you’re missing a race but this sounds like more fun =)

I’m leaving miami this weekend to head up and see my bestie in Orlando. Have a good time in my town! And I love the stila liners. I just discovered them and I’m addicted. I have stingray, navy and a dark brown too. Let us know how the tarte one is.

5. Michele says

Blush! I am am incredibly pale, so a little color on my cheeks is a must!

OT: If you happen to be Miami Beach/South Beach area check out Le Sandwicherie!!! AMAZING sandwiches with loads and loads of fabulous fresh veggies!! They also have smoothies :-) It’s a dive…you just walk up and place your order and can eat on little stools or take it to go.

6. The Silent Assassin says

I can’t contribute. But creature of habit, I needed to at least get my lunch time date on. Say hi to LeBron! Safe be da journey chica!

7. Melissa says

Oh I have to have mascara! What is the name of that polish? I love OPI, and have been looking for a shade like that! Very pretty! HVe fun in Miami!

8. Isabella Mendoza says

Pretty nail color! I like that picture with what looks like pixie dust. Which app is it?

I’m getting more into makeup these days so that’s a super hard decision. I think lipstick would be my answer but blush and mascara are veeeerrrryyy close behind.