Power Pancakes Recipe

I started my day with a run and these awesome Power Pancakes! I call them power pancakes because they are full of fiber and protein and anti-oxidants. Oh, and they’re pretty delicious too.

power pancakes

And the extra good news is this recipe makes 2 servings so you don’t have to fight over them.

fighting over pancakes

Unless you want the whole stack for yourself (like I do)!

Power Pancakes Recipe

{gluten free. high protein. high fiber.}

• 1 cup oat bran (g-free if needed)
  • 1 6oz. vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tb. chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
  • 1/2 tsp: vanilla, baking soda, salt
  • 1 cup blueberries

Directions: Mix dry ingredients and then wet. Heat pan, grease. Ladle first pancake on pan and add a handful of blueberries. Let first side cook through before flipping. Flip. Finish. Eat.

I used oat bran because it’s the grainiest part of the grain and full of fiber. But you can use any flour you want including – blending a cup of g-free oats to flour.

WP_20140520_17_08_29_Pro (800x450)

Tip: I made one pancake at a time so the batter got thicker as it set. Add a splash of xyz milk to keep it the right consistency.

WP_20140520_17_11_38_Pro (800x450)

WP_20140520_17_36_07_Pro (800x450)

Question: What’s your POWER breakfast?

1. The Silent Assassin says

Pancakes too, but made with Quinoa blueberries, candied pecans and walnuts, coconut flakes and syrup. This power breakfast meal also doubles as a power dinner eat too.

Oh I LOVE blueberry pancakes! They are my go to breakfast after a long run and then I can eat the whole stack myself guilt free! 😀

looks amazing! Definitely need to try it. I alternate between home made porridge and eggs with salmon and avocado. This morning it will have to be porridge :)
    Have a great day

I like the looks of this recipe! I never remember my random pancake recipes and I do make them sometimes with greek yogurt but never recall actual measurements. I should try writing them down or just pinning yours lol…I am a bowl of oatmeal kind of girl most of the time but my son loves pancakes!

My Power Breakfast: Waffles. I did pancakes for a long time, but I’d make an entire batch Sunday and then eat them for the week. They don’t taste as good after a few days, so now I make the batter, apportion it, and make a waffle every morning.

Ingredients: oats soaked in almond milk for a few hours, then eggs, protein powder, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and butter (because I don’t grease the waffle maker)

(and I don’t measure anything but use approximately half a big canister of oats, 1 quart of milk, 4 eggs [that’s specific hah], 4 scoops of protein powder, and a stick of butter; the rest I just throw in)

I have been looking for a good recipe for “power” pancakes/waffles. i love the look of these thanks for sharing.

this might be a stupid question but can you make these into waffles too? i wasnt sure if pancake batter and waffle batter were interchangeable? clearly someone doesnt make pancakes often lol