Friday Favorites… Dexter

Hello! How’s it going?

Over here it’s pretty chill just running and eating and all that jazz. I still haven’t unpacked from Miami (busted!) so I have to get on that because I think I’m taking off for the weekend again. Everything in the world is TBD at this point but I want to be ready for fun just in case…

mizunos on the sand 800x600 800x600 thumb Friday Favorites… Dexter

Now here are the super random, and awesome things I love this week…

Friday Favorites!

1. Dexter. I just discovered the TV show Dexter and was kind of slow to fall in love with it. But, now I’m super in love with it and watched the season four recently. I wish someone was watching it with me because I want to talk about it!! Dexter fans – remember what happens in the last episode of the 4th season?!?!? I don’t even know what to do…

i love dexter thumb Friday Favorites… Dexter

2. These chips things that actually taste like buttered popcorn.

popped quaker chips thumb Friday Favorites… Dexter

3. When someone leaves me a nice comment or note that I’m helping them by just doing my thing on RER.

thank you thumb Friday Favorites… Dexter

4. Foil. Random, but it’s such a time saver with cleaning. Every time I use it I get happy that I won’t have to clean the roasting pan… it’s the little things.

5. Comfy and cute summer sandals. I got casual sandals like this recently and they go with anything – maxi dresses, shorts, capris. And I’m thinking of buying these today because I think gold goes with anything too. <- I saw some just like that at Target too, anyone get ‘em?

with the girls 800x450 800x450 thumb Friday Favorites… Dexter

And I got some questions on the dress I wore in Miami… it was from Marshall’s not online so it’s hard to find. This one is similar and only $40.

Question: What’s your favorite thing this week?

Comments

1. Ashley says

Dexter is a pretty great show, just do yourself a favor and pretend the last episode of season 7 is the finale. The writers just really buggered up the final season and should have let it end there.

2. Deb says

I watched the entire Dexter show on Netflix! I don’t specifically remember what happened when, but I do know I was addicted. The other shows I watcher were Breaking Bad (must, must, if you haven’t), Brothers & Sisters, and currently watching Friday Night Lights. I try to pick a series that Netflix has available from start to finish. Not sure what my next selection will be. I’m open to suggestions!

Have a safe trip this weekend – if it happens!

3. Natasha says

Holy Dexter!!! I’m obsessed! I’m half way through season 7. I’m going to be so sad when it ends. You think then end of season 2 was shocking, you haven’t seen anything yet!!! YIKES!

4. Ashlee says

Love. Love. Love Dexter.. but I have to agree with the other comments on the finale. I was not happy. I held a grudge for two weeks about it! Same with Breaking Bad.. I actually was not happy with the end of it.

I was okay with the ending of Breaking Bad, but I feel like Walt was smarter and more calculating and then suddenly kinda got messy with things in the very end. Now I kinda want to watch it again…

I love Dexter!! I used to watch it all the time and it was one of my favorite shows until it ended. I cannot WAIT for you to get to the season four finale. I remember that one being particularly mind-blowing. Keep us posted!!

I lied – I did watch the season 4 finale, I thought it was season two because I guess I skipped a bunch on accident?! #Fail
      Anyway. Yes – season four finale. I don’t even know what to say. SHOCKED. So frustrating because he could have taken care of that guy before that happened, but he dragged it out.

Finally! I’ve only left you like 100 comments about the deliciousness that is DEXTER! Just wait, it gets so much better. ;) And I guess I’m a weirdo cause I liked every season including the last.

Favorite thing this week….Trader Joes dark covered chocolate caramels, yum!

7. Annabella says

I watched the entire series of Dexter in 4 weeks…. As much as I enjoyed the show, the finale is just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

8. The Silent Assassin says

There’s a lot to choose from. But hands down, I had lunch at Chino (Banditos). It’s a Chinese Mexican dive in phoenix. I killed it for my cheat meal of the week. Jade red chicken, chinese bbq pork over jerk fried rice (and a volcano cookie). So good! Aloha Friday y’all!

Dexter is such a great show! I watched on Netflix too and ended up staying up way too late many nights to watch just one more episode! I was so sad when it ended. I still haven’t found a show to replace it.

What I’m loving this week is the upcoming long weekend!!

I’m so sad that Dexter ended. My husband and I religiously watched that show. It’s so darn good. I can’t even remember what the story line of season 2 was. Is it the one with the ice truck killer? If so, you’re in for a treat haha. Actually, they are all good.

11. karleen says

I watched the last 2 seasons of Dexter with my fiance and got addicted! I want to start from the beginning. It was tough for me cuz I HATED the sister’s character. She’s such a meanie! But she grew on me:)

Ummmm you should hit up the sandal selection at Target right now. I too live in the Irvine area and the Target has some good options right now. I’ve bought 3 pairs of sandals in the last couple weeks….I need to wean myself off Target….:/

I used to love Dexter. I hate to tell you but it goes downhill from season 4 onward. At first it’s not that bad. And then it gets just okay. And then it’s not good. I hung in there until the end because I really loved the show, but the last season was pretty bad. And don’t even get me going about the last episode.

I keep meaning to watch Dexter, but I hear the last few seasons are crap , followed with one of the worst series finales of all time. Keep me posted!

My favorite thing this week was packing up the baby and going in to work to visit. Cabin fever is for reals.

14. Steph F. says

Oh how I miss Dexter! I agree with some of the other posters that the finale pretty much sucked, but it was such an amazing show otherwise. I’ve heard some talk of a spin-off…fingers crossed!

My favorite thing this week is Justin’s Maple Almond Butter, which I bought on impulse at Target on Monday. So delicious, and the single serving packets keep from eating the entire jar in one sitting :)

15. Misty says

Sam’s Club has disposable tin roasting pans during the summer months and they have saved my life while doing a Whole30. If I have to cook almost everyday, I better not have to scrub a pan too (tin foil always manages to leak or get a whole in it!). I still have to run the dishwasher daily though :|

16. Kate Lewis says

So funny you found Dexter. I found it while marathon training this winter. I live in NH and the polar vortex and white crap made outside running horrible so I would watch Dexter on the treadmill with an incline and just lose myself. I’m on the last 2 seasons now I think. I know what you are talking about without talking about in that finale…O…..M…..G…..right? If you haven’t watched House of Cards I highly recommend that too! But pace yourself there is only 2 seasons so far so 26 AMAZING episodes.
    Anywho. Your question. I am loving Guinness after the week I had!

I’ve only seen about two episodes of Dexter, and it just didn’t pull me in.

My favorite thing this week is my three day weekend! Usually my work manages to turn holidays into training days, but I actually get this Monday off!

I LOVE DEXTER. My boyfriend and I are 3 episodes away from the series finale, and I’ve loved every single episode (although, from the comments above, I think I’m going to take that back once it’s over). It’s seriously like crack; we cannot stop watching it. So glad so many others are obsessed as well!

I, too, love foil-it makes everything so much easier!

19. Sandy says

I am really weird, in that I binge watch shows like a crazy and then, kind of stop watching because like your favorite food, I get really sick of watching the same thing. A better way (read a more sane person) would just enjoy the show slowly. BUT your post reminded me how much I love Dexter, I am so going back and picking up where I left off. My favorite things this weekend is going to be a family BBQ, movie watching session!

My current favorite thing…have you ever heard of Arbonne? I LOVE their product Full Control. As a runner, I can go on some CRAZY binges. The Full Control product allows me to…well….control…my intake by curbing cravings.

I LOVE Dexter as well. I have long finished the series. I miss it so much :(

My favorite character is Deb. My parents say she reminds them of me. I guess it’s the bad language :o)

Dexter is AMAZING! My favourite TV series of all time! The ending of Season 4 was amazing. Such a fab twist. Prison Break came next for us (almost equally as amazing) and we’ve just started on Game of Thrones. I wonder how many hours of my life I’ve lost to box sets?!

I can’t believe you are just catching on to Dexter! IT is my favorite. hands down. I was slightly disappointed in the series finale, but its still so amazing. Enjoy!

23. Luna says

I loved the show … Debra is my role model haha :P I love “awkward” Dexter too. Too bad I was “happily catching up” , and watched the serie’s last episode without knowing it was the last ever … depression followed.I’ve also twitted about it!! lol enjoy it!!!!

I LOVE Dexter!!! It was one of my favorite shows for a really long time. I was sad when it was over, but it was time to be over. Can’t wait to hear what you think of the season finale, as there are mixed reviews of it. Although, you still have a couple seasons to go. ;) I was just in Miami too! LOVED it!