Mexican Not Meatless-Monday

When we last spoke I just ran a marathon and was driving down the 405 headed south for the winter. And by winter I mean ‘bbq’. Turns out so many people I know were having parties this weekend! Score!!

WP_20140525_13_43_57_Pro (800x450)

I stopped at my mom’s first to shove as many avocados in my purse as possible.

WP_20140525_14_49_28_Pro (800x450)

Then, I headed to Ricky’s bbq/birthday/pool bash. Except, I didn’t realize it was a pool party and didn’t bring a suit. I’ll never forgive myself for missing that water slide action.

WP_20140525_16_03_37_Pro (800x450)

Ain’t no party like a Mexican party because a Mexican party…

has epic food.

WP_20140525_16_04_36_Pro (450x800)

Like several kinds of ceviche, beans, marinated meat, elotes and more…

WP_20140525_16_03_59_Pro (800x450) WP_20140525_16_04_05_Pro (450x800) WP_20140525_16_04_11_Pro (800x450)

I had a plate with a little of everything to start… and I really regretted not wearing my marathon medal so I could justify going back for more and more.

WP_20140525_16_26_53_Pro (800x450)

And I got to see my favorite tiny person!!

WP_20140525_16_11_01_Pro (800x450) WP_20140525_16_21_45_Pro (800x450)

Then, I stayed out way too late and between the shots and sleeping knee thing and mental mind fck of the race and everything in between decided not to run the Memorial Day Half Marathon I had on the calendar. I have a full marathon next weekend and even though I know I could have done it, I also know I shouldn’t have. See -  every now and then I make responsible decisions.

bad at decisions

This morning I took a walk and stretched for a long time – like a whole ‘19 Kids and Counting’ episode!

Breakfast. The day after a race or long run I am hungry ALL DAY. So this was just the start of a day of epic eats…

WP_20140526_07_51_06_Pro (800x450)

Question: What’s the best thing you ate this weekend?

Me: That baby’s cheeks Smile

Comments

We had a family dinner on Saturday – my bro, SIL and nieces are back for a 2-week vacation. Chinese 8-course dinner – superb food but the company was even better.

2. The Silent Assassin says

Ah man, looks like the food was da bomb over at your fiesta! Don’t beat yourself up for taking a break. You did the right thing. And daps for the time yo’. Still impressive based on the time off you took. You still rockin’ SD? I’m riding the VIP train and planning to do the shake out run.

Hands down the best thing I ate was an apple cider donut from a local farmer’s market.
    Second best was the sea salted caramel fro-yo i had last night.

Awww. glad you got to see your favorite tiny person. My niece is 14 now. I still smile that big when I see her. Niece’s are the bestest.

Ha! The best thing I ate this weekend (besides a burger with caramelized onions and BBQ sauce) was my nine month old niece’s chunky legs!

5. april says

i’m so jealous that your mom has an avocado tree. i seriously hope to own a house someday with an avocado tree :)

yum, ceviche is so delicious! the best thing i ate this weekend were grilled scallops.

6. Lisa says

That baby’s hair is SO CUTE. The best thing I ate this weekend was chicken sausage from TJs, my favorite!

Happy belated Memorial Day and congrats on your marathon! It wasn’t a holiday weekend here in Canada, but we finally had enough warm weather to go pool hopping around our street. I just wandered from backyard to backyard with my tetra pack of wine :)

8. Erika says

Ahh best thing I had over the weekend was Yogurtland. I love that place.

Your niece is so freakin’ cute!