National Running Day Discounts, Coupons for RUNNERS and MY Running Story

Hello! Today is my second favorite day of the year – National Running Day!! (Thanksgiving is #1 always and forever.)

running in orange county california runeatrepeat 600x800 thumb National Running Day Discounts, Coupons for RUNNERS and MY Running Story

I get asked ‘How did you get started running?’ or ‘What is your running story?’ a lot. Recently I was asked in an interview and it occurred to me that I have never written one specific blog about it. So here it is…

My Running Story

(condensed because I get bored and gotta run…)

Once upon a time there was a chubby little red-headed Mexican girl. She was bigger than her friends and it gave her a complex. She dealt with it until the end of high school when she decided to start dieting and exercising to lose weight.

run eat repeat little thumb National Running Day Discounts, Coupons for RUNNERS and MY Running Story

She started walking with her friend. They walked and walked and walked…until her friend ditched her because she got pregnant and Monican had to walk alone.

She got bored. So, she decided to run a little bit. Hey! That was kind cool, so she ran some more the next day. One day she ran a whole 45 minutes in a row. She liked it.

Monican signed up for a 10k. It was blast! And she wanted more so she trained for a half marathon. Then, she wanted to run a full marathon and decided to start a blog to document that journey to 26.2 miles.

And the rest is history…

rer logo green thumb National Running Day Discounts, Coupons for RUNNERS and MY Running Story

run eat repeat highlights thumb National Running Day Discounts, Coupons for RUNNERS and MY Running Story

Running is now my life. It is my hobby. It is my job. It is my escape. It is my therapy. It is my favorite.

I don’t think you should run, but I think you should find something you love to do and DO IT.

run eat repeat pose thumb National Running Day Discounts, Coupons for RUNNERS and MY Running Story

How to Celebrate National Running Day and Discounts

Here are a list of ways you can celebrate National Running Day and some great discounts and coupons for runners!

1. Run. Hello.

2. Carb-load.

3. Get a running magazine –  Women’s Running Magazine for $1 an issue

4. Sign up for a race!

One Day of Savings on all Competitor Group, Inc. Series on June 4, 2014

dont compare your running times thumb National Running Day Discounts, Coupons for RUNNERS and MY Running Story

5. Tweet!  For every use of #IMARUNNER on National Running Day, Timex will donate $5, up to $20,000, towards the Boomer Esiason Foundation’s Team Boomer program. Individuals can also share their “I Am A Runner” story on the Timex Sports Facebook tab at http://bit.ly/1p0qBZC. Individuals who contribute content via the hashtag #IMARUNNER or on the Facebook tab will also be qualified for a chance to win Timex® IRONMAN® watches.

6. Run with Charity Miles, a phone app available for iPhones and Androids. Download the free app, pick a charity of your choice and hit start. Each mile ran yields a donation to your chosen charity.

7. Read Run, Eat Repeat. <- At least you can cross one of those off the list for sure!

8. Get some RunEatRepeat gear in my Spreadshirt store.

Question: How are you celebrating National Running Day?

Comments

Awesome running story RER! I’m hoping to run today, but it’s storming in the Chicago area. Hoping it wraps up. Great list of coupon codes too, and I’ll definitely be using the IMARUNNER hashtag today. Thanks for the info.

I ran 6 miles for #TeamJaimie and I may or may not have registered for 3 more races and purchased some additional running gear……okay, I did! (Unless my husband reads this and then, just kidding honey.)

Sadly I’m injured so won’t be running today. But I am celebrating by watching everyone else’s runs through social media and reading their running stories. I love how everyone came to running for such different and unique reasons.

I use Charity Miles (when I remember) and really love the concept and that you can pick your charity! The only drawback is that if I’m running with that, Runkeeper, and listening to music at the same time, it sometimes makes me phone go kaput :(

I completely failed at planning my workouts for this week… today is my cross training day! I’m planning on celebrating National Running Day with a super awesome run tomorrow to make up for it! Maybe I’ll just read my entire collection of running magazines that I have piled up in my room!

6. Alison says

I got 5 miles in this morning, and I used the iamarunner hashtag. How cool is that? Happy Running Day!

Happy National Running Day to you, too! I don’t think that today will be a running day for me, unfortunately. My legs feel like dead weight under me and I think I would benefit from some yoga! Thanks for sharing your story and keep running!

I got up at 3:30 out by 4 and ran over 15 miles for Flower and #TeamJamie for the girl battling cancer. Love this post. Yesterday I pulled my first #transformationtuesday on IG. I’m a fatty turned runner too fren. You constantly help me on my journey.

did my running today and feeling good. run with some clients then LA Kings!

Dragging the BF for a run tonight instead of running solo. Leaving work shortly, can’t wait to get the run in and to refuel with pulled pork that is simmering in the crock pot!

11. Cindy says

In Nassau and celebrating by running every single day of my vacation. Today, day 5, which included some great hills, coastal views and some intense humidity=great detox. Love it! Um, and again, you should model. You’re very modest. I’m very serious. Perhaps you already do some work I’m unaware of. Your story, your blog, your journey, your look…..all worthy of a great fitness model. Boom.

12. Amanda T says

I celebrated by signing up for a half marathon in my home state in December AND I actually got my boyfriend out for a run today. I hate to say it, but I think he’s starting to become a running addict too (which isn’t a bad thing).

13. Charlotte says

You signed up for a 10k very quickly. Good for you. I started with 5k and haven’t really progressed much.

Again, I am so unhappy to say that I cannot run right now due to an injury. Instead, I hiked yesterday (tues) and did Bodypump/CX Workx and cardio to make up for it.