Irish Coffee Created in San Francisco and Dancing on Lombard Street

Hello again! I’m blogging from San Francisco on a fun StitchFix trip. Follow along at #StitchFixLunaVacay on Instagram for the randomness.

beautiful day in sf (800x600)

After breakfast and yoga we headed to the Stitch Fix Headquarters to check out their latest fashions.

stitch fix office (800x600)

California Love.

california love (600x800)

I spotted a few pieces I would totally keep in my ‘Fix! I love massive purses and this big blue one is vegan leather – awesome, right?!

WP_20140611_11_21_02_Pro (450x800)

The StitchFix planning fashion board. It’s like Pinterest, but real life.

WP_20140611_11_20_25_Pro (800x450)

And the sample room… this room has one of each item that’s out in the fixes right now.

WP_20140611_11_21_40_Pro (800x450)WP_20140611_11_22_24_Pro (800x450)

And a couple of things that I spotted…

WP_20140611_11_33_45_Pro (450x800)WP_20140611_11_38_22_Pro (450x800)

Also, a stick necklace. I don’t know why, but I dig it!

WP_20140611_12_04_32_Pro (800x450)

We had a picnic in the park for lunch. It’s a gorgeous day in San Francisco, but still cold for me.

lunch in the park

The SF girls realized I was cold and let me borrow this denim jacket from the samples closet. The only problem is I can’t act like a non-weirdo. Oh well.

trying on a jean jacket

After lunch we went on a scavenger hunt adventure!!! Stitch Fix and Luna joined forces to host this event and challenged us to complete six awesome tasks around the city!

trolley in sf (800x600)

This was the best way to explore the city! We hit up the Golden Gate Bridge, Presidio, Palace of the Fine Arts, Lombard, Buena Vista and Ghirardelli Square!! Hello – all the best of San Francisco!!

golden gate bridge (800x600)

I can’t even decide what my favorite part of the day was – it was the best.

Planking at the Presidio..

planking at the presidio

Yoga at the Palace.

image

My team was Brittany and Bex. We totally rocked this whole game and were back first!!

scavenger hunt in san francisco (800x600)

Dancing on Lombard Street.

lombard street (800x600)

The grand finale was taking a picture at the place known for the FIRST Irish Coffee!! Um, seriously?!

the first irish coffee (600x800)

So I had to have one.

first irish coffee ever hello

And you know what happens when you have too much Irish Coffee?

This. <–

image

Hopefully, this got us extra points for creativity??

Right?

playing dress up (600x800)

Question: Have you ever done a scavenger hunt?

Have you had an Irish Coffee?

Because you should (to the Irish Coffee).

Comments

1. Amanda says

Ah that Irish coffee is amazinggg. I went to SF to visit my girlfriend with a few other friends and after walking allll over the city we got Irish coffees and we were the perfect mix of energized and buzzed to be ready to go out that night! Have fun!!

This would be heaven for me. Love Luna and anything clothes I’m all over. I haven’t shopped in forever and could use new dogs but have no time! Can’t wait to hear more about the trip! Looks so much fun! I wanna go!

I was reading the post and really paying attention and then you said Ghirardelli Square and that’s where you lost me. Need. Chocolate. Now.

4. Melisa says

I love this post and I love SF and Stitch Fix. Have you run any of the hills since you’ve been there?

Ahahaha, welcome to my city! It was gorgeous over the weekend and cold cold this week. Welcome to SF summers :) Glad you guys are having a blast and LOVE the lady that joined you dancing on Lombard. She knows a good time when she sees one!

Oh my gooses, I want all of those purses! <3 What a fun time!

I have never done a scavenger hunt, other than when I was a child. I'm sure it's much more fun as an adult, seeing as how you can go anywhere, and drink. Surely an Irish coffee makes it even more fun. Hehe!

Sounds like you had an AWESOME adventure day in SF :) I would have not been able to leave that sample room! Lol!

XoXo Shea L. ————> kissmychocolate.com

8. Patti says

There’s an old restaurant just down the street from my parent’s house. It’s run by an adorable old man and his wife. After dinner, we sat at the bar and chatted with him for hours (we were literally the only people in the place). He crafted us Irish Coffees can told us the story of the first Irish Coffee in San Francisco. It was an amazing evening filled with fascinating stories (and delicious food and drink)

We do a running scavenger hunt first thursday each month. You run certain distances to collect raffle tix. The further you run, the more tix you get. You get an hour… so the farther out and back is 5 miles. Looks like you’re having a blast (as always) !

Stitch Fix closet looks like my paradise! You lucky girl! I”ve been meaning to try it for awhile, but I think it’s about time I finally did! I’m OBSESSED with those stick necklaces, so dainty and different!

You’re also inspiring me to visit SF!

Scavenger hunts are the MOST fun. My friends and I used to invent silly grown-up scavenger hunts for road trips in colllege with clues like: “consume bacon with every meal,” “convince a bartender to name a drink after you,” or “lead a sing-a-long of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ on public transit.”

I never knew Irish coffees were invented in SF. That’s awesome! One more reason why the Bay Area is the greatest!

12. Charlotte says

I think everyone needs a girlfriend like you, Monica. You just seem to bring the fun wherever you go! I don’t think people could be sad or negative around you for too long.

I loved this visit you had I got to see San Francisco through your eyes! never been to California, and a intro to Stich Fix and Luna. Girl Keep it up!!!

14. Teresa says

Ugh. I wish Stitch Fix would stop their promoting by sending bloggers on sponsored trips and/or sending them boxes of clothes. Nothing against your blog. I love your blog. I’m just getting tired of reading about Stitch Fix all the time. And the clothes never look that great. Bloggers, please stop letting Stitch Fix buy you clothes so you feature them on your blog!