The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts

Hello! How’s it going? Yesterday I was oddly not hungry because I was feeling weird and then suddenly decided I needed an emergency snack. Enter: sweet potato tots.

sweet potato tots 600x800 thumb The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts

And it was good.

you gonna eat your tots thumb The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts

Running Water Bottle – Hand held

This morning I used my new water bottle for my run. I scored this at Marshall’s this weekend! I needed a new handheld water bottle because I threw mine away during the LA Marathon. Yes, I did.

Anyway. I am cheap and have been waiting to spot one at Marshall’s so a few months later it finally happened. But I wasn’t waiting empty handed that whole time -  scored a fuel belt right away. You just have to stay on the hunt.

This Nathan bottle is shaped to be easier to grip since it’s skinnier at the top. But, it’s different from what I’m used to so it was weird at first.

new runner water bottle 600x800 thumb The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts

I like that it’s big and had a pocket to hold fuel or money.

I don’t like that it’s hard to drink from. Since you hold the bottle at the neck, you can’t just squeeze it to get water out. You have to suck the water out which is hard when you’re running.

new waterbottle for running 600x800 thumb The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts

*Note: As soon as I realized this I spent the rest of my run talking myself out of making 22 different TWSS jokes. Mom, you should be proud of me for being a lady.

water thumb The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts im classy thumb The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts

After my run I had a conference call and no time to cook something up so I made a quick and delicious smoothie.

post run protein shake thumb The Best Place To Score Running Water Bottles and Fuel Belts

Mango Cream Smoothie

• 1 scoop Vega vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango (or fresh)
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • ice
  • optional: chia seeds

Question: What are you having for dinner tonight?

I need ideas.

Comments

1. Steph F. says

Those sweet potato tots looks amazing…I’ve never been to Sonic in the three or so years that it has been open in our area, but now I may have to go!

Dinner tonight is this sausage frittata: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sausage-frittata/

I sub out the pork sausage for turkey sausage but make it just as the recipe states otherwise. I’m sure a more creative cook could spice it up a bit more, but it is still very tasty and one of the few things my picky kids actually look forward to having for dinner!

I was just in City Sports and saw that water bottle….I almost bought it since i had $20 in rewards bucks but ended up getting some resistance bands and honey stinger chews instead. Glad you mention that it’s hard to drink out of. I made the right decision. =)

Hmmm…dinner tonight will be brown rice (already cooked from trader joes), sauteed spinach and turkey meatballs.

3. Laura says

Dinner tonight will be pork quesadillas. We have a ton of leftover carnitas from my daughter’s graduation party.

4. Shannon in Tustin says

I scored my current favorite bottle at Marshall’s. It’s the Nathan bottle that you used to have but instead of the elastic strap (that had really gotten over-stretched and lame), it has the thermo/neoprene sleeve (with pocket). I love, love, love it. If I ever see another, I’m hoarding it for when this one dies.

Dinner: pork chops, broccoli and sourdough parm crisps (made from an impulse Costco buy last Friday–sourdough loaf I had no business purchasing!!)

Yum. I may have to have a sweet potato tonight. I have no idea what to have for dinner!!

I bought a handheld water bottle a few months ago and I’ve used it once. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I don’t like holding things when I run!

I’m having swordfish with a side of sautéed snap peas and cherry tomatoes – all from today’s trip to the farmer’s market!

I have a similar water bottle from Nathan that’s been getting a lot of use lately. It’s the one that holds a regular shaped water bottle as well as my iPhone. I don’t even notice it’s on my hand because the strap is so comfy. I have to suck the water out too, but I think I’ve gotten used to it!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

I had some noodles with stirfried tofu and mixed veg and topped with spicy peanut sauce after yoga last night. Tonight will probably be something light since I might be late.

8. Tahleen says

I made garlic scape pesto the other night, and I think I’ll pan-fry some chicken cutlets for a chicken-pesto sandwich tonight. With fries on the side, mmmm.

Napoleon dynamite was on TV the other day and I had to watch it….love love love that movie. I’m actually making a somewhat fancy dinner tonight- lobster mac and cheese with stewed tomatoes.