Hello! How are you doing?
I started my day with a slow 10 miler. It’s getting
hot in here out there – I gotta start setting my alarm earlier.
Today is July 1st! You know what that means, right? Fireworks in 3 days. #Boom
It also means 2014 is half way over and my New Year’s Resolutions should be half way accomplished – or more really, I like to take December off from life.
So I’m checking in here with new life plans and resolutions check-ins and random thoughts.
New Year’s Resolutions Check In:
1. Run 14 races. So far I’ve done
- Camarillo Marathon
- Surf City Marathon
- Palm Springs Half Marathon
- Buzz Half Marathon
- LA Marathon
- Catalina Marathon
- Avocado Half Marathon
- PCRF Half Marathon
- OC Marathon
- Mountains to Beach Marathon
- San Diego RnR Marathon
Ha! I’m pretty close!! I didn’t even realize and this made me excited.
Check out my Race Recaps page for all of them!
2. PR in the Marathon. I pulled out my marathon PR training plan that I wrote last year (but never did) and am starting tomorrow! I have the Chicago Marathon coming up in October, but will probably pick a Nov or Dec race to go for a PR just because I think I need a practice race to go over pacing (something I’m not the best at).
3. Lose the last 10 pounds. Yes, I had a wake up call this weekend and decided to clean up my eating. I wrote down my 3 worst habits and am going to work on those to help make it a long term fix.
Related – I did that ALCAT Food Sensitivity test a while back and am going to eliminate the foods I have an intolerance to from my diet for a while.
5. Make a 5 year plan. – Haven’t done this yet!
6. Love. – Working on this every day.
7. Really step up my Spanish game. This is a write in vote. I voted on it myself because I have always wanted to be fully conversational in Spanish.
Question: How are you doing on your 2014 goals?
Join the 21 Day Run Camp now!
Do you want to run faster, stronger or longer? Join in!