Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

Hello! How’s it going?

I tried to take a step away from the computer over the weekend and it was nice. Sometimes you gotta LIVE FREE (from the laptop for 24 hours).

life free shirt 600x800 thumb Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

This weekend I had some fun on Friday and it was hard to crawl out of bed of Saturday’s long run.

Vegas feels me…

playing tents with my cat 600x800 thumb Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

But I had plans to meet up with friends for drinks at the beach so I had to get it together.

Truthfully, it wasn’t that hard to get out and run – I had to take my new running shoes for a spin!! I was pretty excited about my bright, shiny new Mizuno Hitogamis. Love love love.

new mizuno running shoes make my life 600x800 thumb Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

Pre-run lately:

eating ab waffle and jelly before run 600x800 thumb Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

18 miles. Not great, not shab.

18 mile run 600x800 thumb1 Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

While I was running errands, I had a little snack.

fruit while driving 600x800 thumb Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

And this morning started with a green juice to bounce back from it all…

green smoothie from jamba juice 600x800 thumb Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

When in doubt, order pancakes. Sure, you’ll regret it in 20 minutes when you feel like there’s a carb-brick in your stomach, but they’re awesome.

pancakes and eggs sunday 800x600 thumb Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

Sunday Set Up

Time to set yourself up for a great week! What is your plans for exercise? eating? other?

sunday set up plan thumb1 Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

Winner of the Yasso Frozen Yogurt Giveaway: Kristin

image thumb16 Sunday Set Up and Saturday Long Run

Question: What’s on your exercise schedule this week? What will you be eating to feel good?

I’m headed out of town on Wednesday so my goal is to get in some good miles Wed morning and not (needlessly) snack this week.

Comments

I have runs on the schedule every day but Monday and Friday this week. A few easy, a tempo and a long run. I didn’t even look at it until I read your post!

It has been a while since I took a break from the computer for a day. I might have to take some time away one of these days.

That egg-pancake photo is obscene! That looks ridiculously delicious.

I’ve got a lighter week mileage-wise, I’m doing a half marathon this saturday. I’ll be swimming a bit.

Yesterday I made a GIANT batch of Gazpacho soup with some BEAUTIFUL heirloom tomatoes. I’ll be sippin’ my delicious soup to beat the summer heat. I love cold soup in the summer.

Taking today off after PRing in the Half marathon yesturday :) resting up to go again to try and break 39 minutes for the 10k at the aussie state championships :)
    I will be eating everything in sight…which includes a sweet potato the size of my foot :P

You just reminded me that I need to add more green juice to my diet. I love your sheets–the chevron is awesome! I’m strangely enthralled by nicely patterned sheets. I’m going to try to get in 4 runs this week and hopefully yoga twice, but I’m trying to pick distances by what I feel like running that day…trying to fight off some burnout.

I have also set up my training plan for the week. Have you tried banana pancakes (1 banana + 2 eggs) its super yum and not so carby… although I still pound with half a bottle of syrup – YUM. great. now I am hungry! and p.s 18miles??? you machine! Go Girl!

6. Tara says

sounds like a perfect weekend! This weeks workout sched is a week of PiYo, loving this workout. Its funny how even though I worked out with weights, I am finding and working muscles that I have never hit! Feeling strong.

And then I need to start back to running more consistently as I will be starting my half marathon training soon!

7. karleen says

I bought a groupon for a local bootcamp style gym and I’m debating whether to start it today or wait another week since I worked out yesterday and am a bit sore. I want to be able to give it my all and feel ‘fresh.’ I think I may wait again until next week to use it (it’s for a 6 week program) and I’m getting married in 2 months so it will be better to wait it out a bit longer.
    I too want to work on my mindless snacking and making better dinner food choices this week!

8. Jenica says

More training for my half marathon & a 5K on Saturday! I started “clean eating” this morning… we’ll see how it goes!

9. Nicole says

On my exercise schedule – teaching/subbing lots of BodyPump. Tonight, twice tomorrow, and twice on Thursday. If my legs don’t fall off, I’ll run on the treadmill for awhile before I teach each day. Jamba Juice is going to be a definite stop for breakfast. Lunches lately have been PB&J’s ( I love them so….), and snacks = Quest bars & fruit.

18, how awesome! I am up to 16 for the long run this coming weekend. During the week I’ll do two 4 mile and one 5 mile run, along with some cross training!

I always feel best when I eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies. It’s fun to splurge on ice cream and treats but I never feel as good as when I eat healthy!