The Best Thing I Didn’t Eat This Weekend

Hello! Happy Monday! How was your weekend?

Mine was like this:

I ran 12 miles around Anaheim, CA (near Disneyland)

I spoke on a panel with PB Fingers and Fitnessista

I had some delicious beverages on Friday night

Cheers to that weekend fun!

weekends are the best thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

Monday Run

This morning I got in an easy 8 mile run and did some stretching. I noticed my hip was doing this weird tight thing after my run on Saturday so I’ve got to roll that out later!

idea world fitness conference blogfest 800x600 thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

And in the spirit of 5 minutes of cross training I’m going to do 5 minute abs later today.

5 moves at 5 800x800 thumb1 The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

Sundays eats…

My new favorite tradition is walking to get coffee on Sunday mornings.

iced coffee 600x800 thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

I had a brown rice tortilla with cashew butter too.

cashew butter trader joes 600x800 thumb1 The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

Have you tried the cashew nut butter yet?

Don’t.

It’s amazing and I can’t stop eating it. Save yourself.

walk away thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

Then, I met up with some of the girls that were still in town for the IDEA World conference. Whole Foods, you know.

whole foods salad bar 600x800 thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

Plus dessert…

double chocolate bacon pretzels 600x800 thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

I actually skipped this one because I don’t love bacon, but found it very interesting. Would you have tried them?

bacon sale thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

Other weekend highlights included: not crying over spilled Cheerios.

how to clean 600x800 thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

This baby.

baby baby 600x800 thumb The Best Thing I Didnt Eat This Weekend

I have a busy week ahead! I’m going to Portland for Hood to Coast in a few days and then have another trip right after that. So, I gotta get on it.

But first let me take a selfie I’m going to help my mom at her work for a few hours right now. I’ll see you in a bit!

Question: What’s on your agenda for this week?

Would you have tried the Double Chocolate Bacon Pretzels??

Comments

I would have definitely tried the pretzels. You only live once! I love cashews but I haven’t tried the butter. I’d probably eat the whole jar. I’m having trouble putting down the peanut butter already. I ate almond butter for so long when you go back you go crazy.

2. Shannon in Tustin says

Absolutely would have tried those pretzels. So much so that I’m having my daughter get some tonight. Sometimes she meets her friends there and they have dinner. Sounds weird, but they dig it! :)

have a great week.

3. april says

i always thought i was the only non- vegetarian who doesn’t like bacon! obviously i wouldn’t try those pretzels, but i’m ALL about the cashew butter =)

I’ve been hearing about that TJ’s cashew butter all over the place. I NEED it! I LOVE cashews, so naturally this stuff is made for me. Or maybe I should take your advice and just stay away. I have a feeling I’d have no self control with it either. ;)

Have you ever tried Sunflower Butter? It’s amazing. Specifically the Trader Joe’s brand. I accidentally bought the crunchy kind though :( not a fan of crunch butter anything.

That Whole Foods was AMAZING. I want to go back… like right now for lunch. Maybe this time I won’t put all the foods in mine to make it $16. Maybe. You didn’t try those chocolate bacon pretzels? Now I’m super intrigued!

I didn’t even know TJ’s made cashew butter! I’ll have to pick some up the next time I’m there (despite your warning). I usually stay away from that part of the store so that I don’t accidentally pick up some cookie butter…

Those pretzels actually look pretty weird, but I do want to try the Cashew butter now! I saw it at TJ last week and hesitated in front of it for way too long, then decided not to because I currently have 4 jars of nut butter in my house. If you think that’s overkill, wait until you find out that one of them is actually special peanut butter just for my dog! I felt like a yuppy buying that one but ya know, dogs deserve it.

This week I am hopefully doing plenty of writing, going to speak to a high school cross country team about running and nutrition and running in college and all of that fun stuff, and trying to plan a birthday party. Oh, and taking breaks to read running blogs of course :)

Have a great week!

I don’t love bacon like some people, but those little balls look interesting! I will definitely add that cashew butter to my TJ’s list – I already have an almond butter addiction, so this might not be the best thing for my waistline!

I’d totally try those! I’m not like OMG bacon EVERYTHING but I do like the sweet + salty combo of bacon/pretzels and chocolate.

I already can’t put down my Justin’s Maple Almond Butter this week. I’m not sure if that Cashew Butter is a good idea…

Ahh that’s too funny about the cashew butter. I kid you not I am eating it right now as I read your blog/write this, and am totally on the same page as you. Oh, and don’t try it with GoLean Crunch. You may never eat any other food than those two ever again, it’s so addicting and delicious.
    Wow those pretzels. Hmm, I would convince one of my bacon-obsessed guy friends to buy them, and then snag a couple to try. I once bought my then-boyfriend chocolate covered bacon as a present (and he is a HUGE bacon lover), and he told me it was disgusting, so I’m kinda skeptical.

12. Anna B says

Would’ve skipped those pretzels, not a bacon lover either… but I’m gonna be making a little outing to the local TJs soon to try some of that cashew butter. I’m addicted to all types of butter. Bad for waist, but love the taste! (I like rhymes, imma nerd).

13. Elizabeth S says

I’m running my first H2C this weekend! I just got roped into it a week ago so I haven’t even had time to be nervous. I’m pumped to experience the mother of all relays! Hope you enjoy your time in the PNW!

14. Victoria R. says

Hey Monica,

Have you ever had a sports related injury since you’ve been running? You log so many miles each week that I’m curious. I injured my foot last week and it’s swollen and I’m hobbling around and it’s just not pretty. I definitely feel sad that I can’t get out there and run because that’s what makes me feel good every day! I’m also trying not to mentally freak out that I have a half-marathon in 8 weeks that I am not ready for. Do you have any suggestions on how someone can work through an injury? Mentally and/or physically? Sometimes it’s nice to hear it from an experienced runner/athlete/etc.

Thank you!!