Hi! How’s it going? Over here it’s going busy because I finally had to call a professional for the ant situation. It’s so weird because they don’t really get into the food in the kitchen. They just want to walk around EVERYWHERE. But when I was in Florida for Thanksgiving the ants moved in and kicked me out. I don’t even want to get into it. Long story short, I had a pro come in and Vegas and I had to get out for the day while they took care of it.
So, Vegas is mad at me for making him go in the cat carrier. The ants are mad at me for killing them. Anyone who has emailed me in the last week is mad at me for not responding. And I’m mad at me because…never mind I’m not mad at me right now. At least I have that going for me?
Let’s talk about running and eating and all the things I’m excited about right now…
1. I thought my latest Cyber Monday Advo order was going to take a long time to arrive since I heard it was a super crazy busy day for them. But I got all my stuff by Friday!! Unfortunately, I was out of town for Shiftcon so I dove into this when I got home.
I’ll let you know when I try the holiday flavors of the protein powders. They’re only available in Nov and Dec so if you’re interested in Pumpkin Spice, the Holiday Variety pack or Gingerbread protein bars get ‘em fast.
2. Christmas decorations (even though I don’t decorate at home because I’m lazy and Vegas doesn’t help me).
There was a little snafu with my ride home from the airport when I got back from NOLA. So I ended up at my parent’s house for a few hours. My mom isn’t like a super Whoville Christmas obsessed person but she has some pretty nice decorations she brings out every year. This includes Christmas towels and rugs for the bathroom.
Is this normal?
Then, my dad walked in with a fresh, hot pizza. I’m on the 24 day challenge and trying to eat clean but I was legit hungry so I had half a slice to calm the craving. Hit the spot.
3. I took a new rideshare app to the airport on Friday – See Jane Go. Have you heard of it?
It’s an all-female ride app that has all female drivers and drives female passengers (men can ride if accompanied by a female). I love this idea. I just would feel a lot better about knowing it’s going to be a female driver if it’s late and I’m coming back from a bar or something, ya know? And if I’m traveling or something and don’t know the area very well – it is a great idea.
4. Purse salads. That’s a thing. But I’m pretty sure the girl in the window seat in my aisle thought I was the weirdest person ever. (I might be.)
5. I was invited for drinks with a company at Shiftcon on Friday night. I just got a sparkling water with lime because I’m not drinking right now. But the bartender brought us two plates of candied pecans. Hey, I’m not made of stone. I had to have a few. But I didn’t do beignets or Hurricanes in NOLA so if this was the worst thing I had there, I’d say I did pretty well.
6. This new Trader Joe’s Chocolate Mint Tea made my day. I’m craving chocolate like a crazy person (or normal person during TOM).
7. Watermelon radishes! They are so pretty and light and crispy. I’m a fan.
8. The cool morning weather. It is perfect for running. But I need to bust out some gloves because my hands are so cold on my runs!