I had a very.bad.day.of.eating. Very bad. This always happens when I say I am going to entirely cut out certain foods. I guess restricting for so long has built up some resentment with my willpower and it completely fights against me at the first sign of anything resembling a diet. This is especially frustrating because I truly want to lose weight in a healthy way, but I can’t seem to get there.
I love this blog because I feel like I really put myself out there and am completely honest with you all. So, I’m being honest when I say that I ate a huge amount of junk food today, food I don’t even really enjoy that much. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t stop.
I don’t want to rehash it. I will start fresh tomorrow. So I leave you with a new recipe. This is actually a super simple family recipe my Grams used to make when my mom was a kid. Frijoles with spinach – basically you mix up all the ingredients and heat ’em up. But, you obviously should like beans and spinach to like this:)
Frijoles con Spinach
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups pinto beans (cooked)
1 can spinach (you can use fresh, but this is what Grams used)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can whole tomatoes
1/2 chopped onion
2 Tbsp minced garlic
salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne
1. Heat oil in pan, add onions and saute. Add minced garlic.
2. Drain spinach well and add to pan with onions
3. Drain both cans of tomatoes and add to pan.
4. Season to taste. Most of these ingredients are very plain on their own and do require a good amount of salt & pepper – add other spices to your liking 🙂
5. Heat thoroughly and enjoy!!!
Don't Miss the Good Stuff
Subscribe now to get the latest blogs, podcasts, recipes and more straight to your email!