My old yoga studio (Yoga Shakti) sent me an email with ways yoga helps our immunity:
- Reduces the negative effects of stress, thus reducing the harmful and immune suppressing effects of stress hormones.
- Increases blood flow and oxygenation to our tissues
- Keeps our breath full, which cleanses and nourishes the body.
- Keeps our minds calm so that we can work smart not hard.
- Helps us feel happier and leads us to cultivate greater love, patience, contentment and understanding.
I didn’t need another excuse to do yoga, but this definitely makes me want to stick with it!
Another tip I got from a nurse at the Halloween party we went to: “Don’t touch your face. Ever.” Keep your hands away from your face and you won’t get sick. It’s a fact. Kinda.
My defense against office cake was to bring my own:
My afternoon snack was eaten just because our computers went down for 30 minutes this afternoon and I was bored Not Intuitive Eating.
Dinner was a “bigger than you freakin realize because you just see it in a tiny picture on the computer and not in the massive bowl in front of me” salad. Fact.
I feel uncomfortably full from all the extra snacks and big dinner. Tomorrow I am sticking with Intuitive Eating. Fact.