2010 – My Healthiest Year Yet!

I want to make 2010 my healthiest year yet so I’ve come up with a non-stressful way to incorporate 12 new healthy habits into my life. Each month I will focus on one Activity or Habit/Food/Goal to help make me healthier and happier.

Since I believe Health and Happiness go hand in hand, some of the habits will be for physical health and some will be for mental health. I will be posting information and monthly goals at the start of each month. Feel free to join me by writing your own monthly goals or following along with mine. I don’t expect everyone to have the same priorities as me, so do what is right for you :)

good health sign

At the start of each month I will list some goal ideas for that topic. Here are the topics by month:

January -Meatless Month – Example Goal: Vegetarian Diet or Meatless Mondays (it’s up to you) Maybe a second read of the China Study is in order?

February -Yoga Month – Example Goal: Yoga 2 times a week

March -Oatmeal Month –

April - Get Enough Sleep –

May -Leafy Greens –

June – Phone a Friend

July – Anti-oxidant Month

August – Cut the Vice

September – Wine Month

October – Eat Seasonally

November – Try Something New (activity or healthy food)

December – Enjoy the Fruits of your Labor :)

The Ultimate Goal is the end the year healthier than how you started! These are all things I want to work on in the new year and taking them one at a time will help make it more manageable. I still have my New Year’s Resolutions too! But, I consider those more dramatic, and this list is just small steps toward a healthier me!

Comments

this is a wonderful idea! it’s a great way to slowing down and forcing myself to focus on one goal at a time for an entire month. thanks for doing this and sharing everyone!!

2. Denise says

I love this! I don’t think my family, especially the husband, would ever go for meatless, but I could! Everything else sounds like it could be incorporated with my family needs! Thanks, Monica.

I really like this post. It seems like there are unique tangible goals. And if one month doesn’t work, you can “switch” next month. I have the urge to copy this, or at least, make my own!

This sounds like a great idea! I tried to do something like this last year but started slacking. I think I’ll try it again, but one thing I’ll add is a “Hydrate” month.

did you read china study?? did you review it? i must have missed it. this is primarily why i went vegan, but also because a great mentor of mine is vegan (after battling cancer= lifestyle change) and he inspired me to try it.

i love the month focus idea.

I don’t even remember if I reviewed it – but I read it and it totally convinced me that veganism is the healthiest diet. I’m not ready to commit to all of that yet, but I will be vegetarian in the new year!

Between me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I’ve settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.