2010 – My Healthiest Year Yet!

I want to make 2010 my healthiest year yet so I’ve come up with a non-stressful way to incorporate 12 new healthy habits into my life. Each month I will focus on one Activity or Habit/Food/Goal to help make me healthier and happier.

Since I believe Health and Happiness go hand in hand, some of the habits will be for physical health and some will be for mental health. I will be posting information and monthly goals at the start of each month. Feel free to join me by writing your own monthly goals or following along with mine. I don’t expect everyone to have the same priorities as me, so do what is right for you icon smile 2010   My Healthiest Year Yet!

good health sign 400x258 2010   My Healthiest Year Yet!

At the start of each month I will list some goal ideas for that topic. Here are the topics by month:

January -Meatless Month – Example Goal: Vegetarian Diet or Meatless Mondays (it’s up to you) Maybe a second read of the China Study is in order?

February -Yoga Month – Example Goal: Yoga 2 times a week

March -Oatmeal Month -

April - Get Enough Sleep -

May -Leafy Greens -

June – Phone a Friend

July – Anti-oxidant Month

August – Cut the Vice

September – Wine Month

October – Eat Seasonally

November – Try Something New (activity or healthy food)

December – Enjoy the Fruits of your Labor icon smile 2010   My Healthiest Year Yet!

The Ultimate Goal is the end the year healthier than how you started! These are all things I want to work on in the new year and taking them one at a time will help make it more manageable. I still have my New Year’s Resolutions too! But, I consider those more dramatic, and this list is just small steps toward a healthier me!

Comments

this is a wonderful idea! it’s a great way to slowing down and forcing myself to focus on one goal at a time for an entire month. thanks for doing this and sharing everyone!!

2. Denise says

I love this! I don’t think my family, especially the husband, would ever go for meatless, but I could! Everything else sounds like it could be incorporated with my family needs! Thanks, Monica.

I really like this post. It seems like there are unique tangible goals. And if one month doesn’t work, you can “switch” next month. I have the urge to copy this, or at least, make my own!

This sounds like a great idea! I tried to do something like this last year but started slacking. I think I’ll try it again, but one thing I’ll add is a “Hydrate” month.

did you read china study?? did you review it? i must have missed it. this is primarily why i went vegan, but also because a great mentor of mine is vegan (after battling cancer= lifestyle change) and he inspired me to try it.

i love the month focus idea.

I don’t even remember if I reviewed it – but I read it and it totally convinced me that veganism is the healthiest diet. I’m not ready to commit to all of that yet, but I will be vegetarian in the new year!

Between me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I’ve settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.