Treadmill Stroll

Yesterday I really needed to take a walk to clear my mind, but it was way too cold for me to go outside. I opted for a walk on the treadmill with my book:IMG 3764 400x300 Treadmill Stroll

Then it was pizza for dinner icon smile Treadmill Stroll Pizza is one of my favorite foods (coming in close second to ice cream of course). His side has some kinda of polish sausage, mine has tomatoes.IMG 3765 400x300 Treadmill Stroll

I made some roasted brussel sprouts with onions on the side. I know this is kinda gross, but all I did was spray the onions with cooking spray and salt and roast them. I basically ate half an onion straight up this way. I probably stink, but it is so good!IMG 3769 400x300 Treadmill Stroll

I thought it was funny that Ben was wearing a beanie inside yesterday- he  just couldn’t get warm! I think the MD cold is too much for this Florida boy and California girl when we are constantly talking about moving.IMG 3774 400x300 Treadmill Stroll

Plan Ahead - Today I woke up and did 4 miles on the treadmill and Ben did some elliptical time. Then, I went back to the apartment to make Ben’s lunch since his was running late. I decided I should make my lunch too since when I work from home I am snacking in the kitchen a lot. So I put together most of my lunch and planned out my snacks for the day. Hopefully, this will keep me from grabbing random handfuls of cereal and crackers!

Breakfast was a struggle for some reason. I am convinced oatmeal is the “healthiest” breakfast around. But, it’s not my favorite. Don’t get me wrong, I like it okay, but I love other breakfast choices like cereal, bagels and pancakes more! I ended up going with oatmeal though. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.IMG 3776 400x300 Treadmill Stroll

I am such a procrastinator I have a list of nine things I have to get done today! See you later icon smile Treadmill Stroll

Comments

Roasted onions aren’t gross, they’re delicious :)
    I think it’s easy to get caught up in the blog world trends- so oatmeal may seem like “the healthiest” breakfast…but you should be able to eat a healthy breakfast that you enjoy!

pizza looks good – looks like you used the TJ’s whole wheat pre-made crust ($3.99) – just a friendly saving tip – its cheaper to buy the bag of whole wheat pizza dough in the fridge section (99 cents!) and roll it out yourself.

I love oatmeal, but I find that it doesn’t keep me full til lunch. I hate nut butters in my oatmeal so thats out. dunno what to do other than maybe eat oatmeal with a hardboiled egg or something for protein. hrmph! can’t do dairy.

I have to agree with you on the oatmeal thing. I think it definitely CAN be the healthiest and most filling breakfast. However, I can’t do the plain ol’ oatmeal. I like all the junk in it. Almond butter, maple syrup, honey, milk… ect… I usually stick with eggs in the morning. It keeps me fuller anyways :)

4. caronae says

Your oatmeal bowl is beautiful! I actually just ordered Born To Run from amazon. I can’t wait to start reading it!

I think roasting onions is one of the best ways to cook them! Have you ever tried them boiled? They turn to mush, and are surprisingly tasty….!!
    And wow, I admire you being able to read and walk at the same time; if I’m on a treadmill, I can’t even look to the side without tripping over myself! I’ve had some peculiar looks, I can tell you :P
    Oh, and I love ice cream too – Ben and Jerrys chocolate brownie is the ULTIMATE. But you guys in the USA have so many more cool flavours than in England! It must be hard to control how much you have lol :P
    Have a great day, good luck with your list! :)

Your pizza looks sooooo good!

I understand the thing about oatmeal being the healthiest breakfast, but I think you should enjoy it. I happen to love oatmeal but if you don’t then I think it’s okay to not have it all the time. Other things can be just as healthy!

Pizza is my all time favorite too, well…maybe after sushi.

I’m making onions and brussel sprouts tonight too! I don’t know how much I like brussel sprouts, but I’m going to give them another chance.

I say eat what you want (to an extent) for breakfast, you have the whole day to burn it off. I hear you on weighing the satiety versus desire, though.

Hope you’re loving the book as much as I did!