Mexican Meatless Mondays

Question: What is better than Meatless Mondays?

Answer: Mexican Meatless Mondays!!!

I decided to make Meatless Mondays -> Mexican Meatless Mondays because that’s how I roll. Tonight for dinner I made Lentil Tacos and Spanish Rice.IMG 3800 400x300 Mexican Meatless Mondays

I made the Spanish rice with brown rice, onions, tomato paste, spices and mixed veggies. The spices I used: chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin.IMG 3791 400x300 Mexican Meatless MondaysDirections: Chop and cook onion until translucent. Add 1c rice and 2c water, tomato paste and spices to pan, stir. Bring to boil then reduce, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes. Add veggie mix about ten minutes before it’s done. Cook until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed. The color of this picture is not “off”, I just used a little too much tomato paste!IMG 3794 400x300 Mexican Meatless Mondays

The lentil tacos were easy. Instead of the usual tomato type sauce for the lentils I added a can of TJ’s green chiles for a different take on it.IMG 3796 400x300 Mexican Meatless Mondays

Directions: Cook lentils according to package directions. Drain. Place back in pan and add salt, garlic, chili powder and green chili. Heat. Fill up tacos and enjoy! I doushed mine with hot sauce. IMG 3798 400x300 Mexican Meatless Mondays

Happy Mexican Meatless Monday!

Because if anyone can, a Mexi-Can!!!

Comments

I don’t know why but I just got like 10 of your posts on my goog reader. What? I am behind now! Anyway, these tacos look fab, dear.

love that idea for replacing the meat! i wish i had thought of that :) and i love that last line of your post and like another person said i’d totally buy a shirt haha and i’m not even close to mexican :)

LMAO! The entire country including deep blue Massachusetts is in full revolt over the fascist left trying to force every citizen to purchase insurance at the point of a gun; and this hapless dolt, who is of the very same ilk, is so clueless he cant even see the Swastica staring back at him in his own mirror.

I can just say such a relief to discover somebody that actually knows what theyre referring to online. You actually discover how to bring a problem to light and earn it important. More people should see this and appreciate this side with the story. I cant believe you aren’t popular because you definitely have the gift.

Great morning, could be here’s towards situation merely well, i%u2019ve become executing study concerning your webpage which%u2019s why it’s very obviously pro. I include been employing a fresh unique writings with your spouse with attempting return glance good, whenever along with feel a solution i%u2019ve ruin it. Recommendations on how burdensome was viewed as the to actually site? Properly any individual much as an example me lacking an occurence make it happen, ahead that complete folks boost web should possess associated with chewing all the way up up up receiving that could done plus?

What i do not realize is in reality how you are not actually much more smartly-favored than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You understand thus considerably on the subject of this matter, made me individually believe it from numerous various angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested unless it’s one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. All the time maintain it up!