Straw versus Spoon

I know it’s never a good idea to discuss politics with friends, but I’ve finally decided to bring up a very controversial subject on RER. And I welcome you to weigh in on what side you’re on…I promise I won’t judge.

Are you a Straw person or a Spoon person???IMG 6169 thumb Straw versus Spoon

Whenever I drink a smoothie I have this inner struggle with myself. Do I choose based on how I was raised or do I remain true to myself and my current views on proper smoothie etiquette?

I hate sitting on the fence about anything. I am normally hold very strong and definite opinions on politics, religion, and smoothies. But – in this one case I love both equally.IMG 6168 thumb Straw versus Spoon

I often use BOTH a straw and a spoon to eat my smoothies!

Does this make me a hypocrite? I think not.IMG 6170 thumb Straw versus Spoon

And if I’m really going to share my most firmly held views on this subject I have to come clean and let you know that I sometimes just take a swig straight from the glass.

It’s not something I am proud of, but it was one time at a party in college…I’d had way too much to drink and one thing led to another….

I’m sure it was going to come out in the tabloids at some point anyways…IMG 6173 thumb Straw versus Spoon

So, there you have it – I am a smoothie drinking, straw slurping, spoon scooping sometimes chugger girl. And I have the green mustache to prove it.

IMG 6179 thumb Straw versus Spoon

Question: How do you drink your smoothies?

Comments

i slurp mine! if i had to choose i’d go with the straw. spoons are for frappes (although i will admit to using a straw there on occasion too)

I just drink mine from the glass! And then use a spoon (or a fork or a knife or whatever’s handy) to scrape out the extra bits of goodness from the bottom.

I like to sip from a straw–preferably McDonalds or Starbucks strawbucks because they are wide and awesome but if not, just sip from the cup.

Love the stache! Lol! I am a straw girl all the way. I have run out of straws a few times and panicked didn’t know what I was going to do. Just never thought about drinking them like anything else. I look at my Green Monster as a treat like a healthy milk shake. So a straw is a MUST! :)

5. Ashley C says

I love using a spoon because I think it fills me up more- I know this is totally in my head though. I hate slurping smoothies for some reason, I know that’s weird. Love the ‘stach though. You should do a “Got Green?” commercial- perfect time of the year too!!

I like my smoothies extremely thick (as in the blender is screaming thick) so I typically use a spoon and pretend that I’m eating ice cream. Straws are ok but I’d rather stick with a spoon, the smaller the better so I get more bites.

Um..none of the above? I have weird food texture issues so I don’t think I could handle drinking or eating a smoothie or a milkshake. Yes. I am difficult. I know that.

If I want to drink it, I use a straw (although currently we are out so I’ve been tipping it up as well). When I want smoothie in a bowl, I add a little xanthum gum and some granola and spoon away.

I’m late, oh well! I usually chug it! We don’t keep straws in the house & sometimes I use a spoon; however, usually it’s just me and the glass.
    I’m loving the green mustache!