Straw versus Spoon

I know it’s never a good idea to discuss politics with friends, but I’ve finally decided to bring up a very controversial subject on RER. And I welcome you to weigh in on what side you’re on…I promise I won’t judge.

Are you a Straw person or a Spoon person???IMG_6169

Whenever I drink a smoothie I have this inner struggle with myself. Do I choose based on how I was raised or do I remain true to myself and my current views on proper smoothie etiquette?

I hate sitting on the fence about anything. I am normally hold very strong and definite opinions on politics, religion, and smoothies. But – in this one case I love both equally.IMG_6168

I often use BOTH a straw and a spoon to eat my smoothies!

Does this make me a hypocrite? I think not.IMG_6170

And if I’m really going to share my most firmly held views on this subject I have to come clean and let you know that I sometimes just take a swig straight from the glass.

It’s not something I am proud of, but it was one time at a party in college…I’d had way too much to drink and one thing led to another….

I’m sure it was going to come out in the tabloids at some point anyways…IMG_6173

So, there you have it – I am a smoothie drinking, straw slurping, spoon scooping sometimes chugger girl. And I have the green mustache to prove it.

IMG_6179

Question: How do you drink your smoothies?

Comments

i slurp mine! if i had to choose i’d go with the straw. spoons are for frappes (although i will admit to using a straw there on occasion too)

I just drink mine from the glass! And then use a spoon (or a fork or a knife or whatever’s handy) to scrape out the extra bits of goodness from the bottom.

I like to sip from a straw–preferably McDonalds or Starbucks strawbucks because they are wide and awesome but if not, just sip from the cup.

Love the stache! Lol! I am a straw girl all the way. I have run out of straws a few times and panicked didn’t know what I was going to do. Just never thought about drinking them like anything else. I look at my Green Monster as a treat like a healthy milk shake. So a straw is a MUST! :)

5. Ashley C says

I love using a spoon because I think it fills me up more- I know this is totally in my head though. I hate slurping smoothies for some reason, I know that’s weird. Love the ‘stach though. You should do a “Got Green?” commercial- perfect time of the year too!!

I like my smoothies extremely thick (as in the blender is screaming thick) so I typically use a spoon and pretend that I’m eating ice cream. Straws are ok but I’d rather stick with a spoon, the smaller the better so I get more bites.

Um..none of the above? I have weird food texture issues so I don’t think I could handle drinking or eating a smoothie or a milkshake. Yes. I am difficult. I know that.

If I want to drink it, I use a straw (although currently we are out so I’ve been tipping it up as well). When I want smoothie in a bowl, I add a little xanthum gum and some granola and spoon away.

I’m late, oh well! I usually chug it! We don’t keep straws in the house & sometimes I use a spoon; however, usually it’s just me and the glass.
    I’m loving the green mustache!