To Run or Not to Run II

This morning I woke up to this forecast:
clouds To Run or Not to Run II

www.nataliedee.com

Columbia, MD (21045) Weather

Updated: Mar 29, 2010, 7:05am EDT

Right Now

Rain Shower

49° F

So I had to ask myself, “Should I run outside or go to kickboxing?”

It’s a hard choice since I love KB lately – but I also want to build my running back up.

I double checked and it wasn’t actually raining that second so I decided to suit up and ship out! Fun fact: I am more okay with it starting to rain after I’m already out running than having to leave the house when it’s raining. DSCN6716 thumb To Run or Not to Run II

I figured it was going to start pouring any second so I brought my camera to capture the hardcore action. Well, it was gloomy, but didn’t start raining until I was walking home.

I’m glad I opted for the run!DSCN6717 thumb To Run or Not to Run II

As soon as I got back I popped a bagel in the toaster – I didn’t want to wait too long to eat! I slathered it with TJ’s Almond Butter (this is the quickest disappearing nut butter I’ve ever owned) and naner and Pumpkin Butter on the other side. And pictured grapes. IMG 6727 thumb To Run or Not to Run II

More Books! Okay, now I really really need a library card because I ordered more books online last week. Look at what was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got back from my run:

DSCN6728 thumb To Run or Not to Run II There’s more, but I’m going to stick with one book at a time for now icon smile To Run or Not to Run II

See you in a bit!

Make it a great day (rain or no rain).

pin it button To Run or Not to Run II

Comments

I’m the same way with the rain. If it’s running before I leave I most likely will opt for an indoor activity, but if it starts raining once I’m out there running, it doesn’t bother me all that much.

I actually kind of like running in the rain- but you’re right, if it’s raining BEFORE I leave the house, I probably won’t go.

I’m curious to hear if you like that book! It’s on my list.

yes, you really need to hit up your local library. my library’s books, etc are online so you can search amazon then go to the library and see if they have the books, if not you can look up the inter-library loan system and wham, within a week i have the books i wanted. i just got 4 triathlons and running books last week this way.

i’m the same way with the rain. i can really only start running when it’s dry but i don’t care if it starts to rain while i’m out there. good choice :)

Let me know what you think of the book. I’ve been wanting to check it out. Have you ever heard of GoodReads? It’s a great way to keep track of what you’ve read and want to read. They also have a bookswap program where you just pay shipping and get books that other members are finished reading.

We had similar weather today that halted my run. I don’t mind a little sprinkle, but I can’t take my 6-month old out in the nastiness. I was bummed, but did a strength DVD instead.

I love Bethenny Frankel and what she has to say! I need to re-read it probably for reminders on how to treat my body and food! You should totally by her new book, “Skinnygirl Dish”! You’ll love it if you love her first one!

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.