Still in Florida

Greetings from Disney World! Today Matt, my mom and I had a fun day in Orlando.IMG 7336 thumb Still in Florida

We snacked through the morning so we could push back lunch…

New find – hummus chips. IMG 7329 thumb Still in FloridaApple and almond butter…

IMG 7331 thumb Still in Florida

Popcorn… IMG 7325 thumb Still in Florida

After we were done at DW we went to Hollywood Studios. I found a veggie sandwich on ciabatta bread for lunch. IMG 7338 thumb Still in Florida

It needed something (besides protein!!!)  though.IMG 7341 thumb Still in FloridaOkay for the protein, it did come with a bean salad, but that was just okay.

So, after a very fun at the Magic Kingdom… IMG 7326 thumb Still in Florida

I went to the airport to catch my flight back home to MD. But, my flight was delayed. And then it was delayed again until 12:20am. Boo to that. So, I opted to reschedule my flight for tomorrow and go back to the hotel to hang with my fam.

IMG 7359 thumb Still in Florida

But, by the time I figured this all out they were eating dinner at some crazy dinosaur restaurant!!! They were at a “T-rexstaurant”, if you will icon smile Still in Florida IMG 7391 thumb Still in Florida

I love a fun, themed place so I was all over this icon smile Still in Florida IMG 7388 thumb Still in Florida

The only bad thing about this place besides their glaring lack of good vegetarian meals is we were seated in the Ice Age so the lighting was impossible. We were basically in a dim, blue cave. IMG 7366 thumb Still in Floridafc

Since I was late to the party my mom gave me one of her mahi-mahi tacos…IMG 7361 thumb Still in Florida

and I ordered a massive fancy salad with field greens, candied pecans, strawberries and goat cheese = best.salad.ever. They really hook you up with the pecans and goat cheese!IMG 7370 thumb Still in Florida

And then they ordered the “Chocolate Lava Volcano Explosion Fancy Fifteen Dollar Cake”. (Don’t quote me on the name.)IMG 7375 thumb Still in Florida

It’s hard to see at first because there is a ton of ice covering it, but underneath this fog is brownie cake with carmel frosting and vanilla ice cream topped with whipped cream and butterfinger sprinkles.

IMG 7371 thumb Still in Florida

Since I have already over done it with the sweets and treats this trip (there have been various things unpictured) I wanted to “get back on the wagon” tonight. But, when warm chocolate brownie cake with ice cream comes to my table – I’m eating it.IMG 7383 thumb Still in Florida

This dessert is basically made for each person get a whole piece of cake plus a scoop of ice cream with whipped cream to themselves. It is for real.

I am literally falling asleep as I write this, so I’ll expand and make jokes tomorrow icon smile Still in Florida

pin it button Still in Florida

Comments

1. Jess says

Looks like a fun day!! Where did you guys stay? We always stat at Coranado Springs and love it, but want to try somethig new!!

Sorry about the flight delay but at least that just gave you another reason to spend more time with your family.

OMG Brownies and ice cream can NOT be passed up. The regular healthy eating can resume tomorrow! :)

Have a safe trip home girl.

That brownie thing is rendering me speechless.

I’m glad you had the opportunity to spend extra time with your family, despite the annoying flight delayed circumstances.

what a great day! i think that squeeze pack of almond butter is so cool, i’ve never seen them in individual packets like that before

glad you got to spend extra time with the fam :) I kind of LOVE when i have to reschedule a flight for the next day unexpectadly like that. (did i ever tell you about the time i boarded the wrong flight…yeah…i ended up staying with the parents an extra day bc of it. )

Stinks that your flight was delayed, but OMG that brownie cake looks fantastic. I am a sucker for brownies. What would be frustrating is the lack of light! I like to be able to actually SEE my food, lol.

While a kink in the plans can be stressful, the extra time is usually fun! I spent 10 days in London and my flight home was canceled due to snow (this was years ago) and we got an extra 4 days! We got to see so much! It was nice because those extra few days were the happiest of the trip!

Sorry about the flight! But the dinosaur restaurant sounds fun. I don’t normally like themed places but I LOVE dinosaurs. And that dessert? I’m dying. I wonder if they’ll mail me a slice to review for the blog :)

9. Ashley C says

So fun you got a bonus night with your fam :-) That restaurant looks so fun, but that cake looks heavenly!!!